Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
I found the exact twin of the car I ordered, which hasn’t even started production! I asked my dealer if they could do a dealer swap and they won’t even try. I can’t cancel my order since these are considered special orders. Very frustrating!
I don't understand, my dealer sold me the MMe on the lot and when my on line order showed up they put that one up for sale. He even sent me a picture when it came in. Why wouldn't they just sell you what they have on hand to clear inventory and accept the one that you ordered as a later stock item?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't understand, my dealer sold me the MMe on the lot and when my on line order showed up they put that one up for sale. He even sent me a picture when it came in. Why wouldn't they just sell you what they have on hand to clear inventory and accept the one that you ordered as a later stock item?
I don’t understand it either. Dealers do dealer swaps of inventory all the time. Because I put a deposit at the one dealership where I ordered my car(which still isn’t in production!), I can’t get my deposit back and just go buy the “twin” car I found at the other dealership. its not like someone ordered the twin car, it was ordered for the dealership stock. I’m going to keep asking them.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,684 Posts
I found the exact twin of the car I ordered, which hasn’t even started production! I asked my dealer if they could do a dealer swap and they won’t even try. I can’t cancel my order since these are considered special orders. Very frustrating!

Have you considered contacting the second dealer and just getting the car from them?

You can always not take delivery of your ordered car when it comes in and the get back your $500 deposit.

This way you get the car you want, two months early.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you considered contacting the second dealer and just getting the car from them?

You can always not take delivery of your ordered car when it comes in and the get back your $500 deposit.

This way you get the car you want, two months early.

Just my $.02.
Thanks, but because it was a factory order, they won’t give me my deposit back. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth losing the $500 deposit. Also, I’m afraid they would hold me to the “contract” and I would have to buy the full car from them anyway. So frustrating!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks Chris,
Can you let me know where you got the scheduled date for production? My dealer says they don't have it and I talked to Ford people and they say they would only have a date when it goes into production.
It was sent to me in an email directly from ford, this is generally how you find out. Be sure to double check your spam folder. The build emails seem to go out on some but not all thursdays.

·
Registered
282 Posts
What digits in the VIN tell the production number of our NME?
my car scheduled to be built week of 4/18 has vin of 29XXX so that means they've scheduled at least thru 29k cars

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Thanks, but because it was a factory order, they won’t give me my deposit back. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth losing the $500 deposit. Also, I’m afraid they would hold me to the “contract” and I would have to buy the full car from them anyway. So frustrating!

FYI:

I had ordered a FE but when it came in, I decided not to take it. The dealer refunded my $500 security deposit.

Consumer protection laws are pretty clear between auto dealers and consumers:

• For a deposit to be non refundable, the deposit must clearly state that the deposit is non-refundable. Absent such language the default position is that the deposit is refundable.
  • Even if the contract saws it is non refundable, to be enforceable:
The contract must be dated
The delivery date must be stated
It must be signed by both you and the dealer

To be enforceable all three elements must be met. Failure of any one of three above, would make a non-refundable deposit unenforceable. In other words a non-refundable deposit that does not have a specific delivery date for your car would not be enforceable. If either you or the dealer did not sign the contract, it would not be enforceable.

The laws of all states do not favor non-refundable deposits.

Just my $.02 and good luck whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI:

I had ordered a FE but when it came in, I decided not to take it. The dealer refunded my $500 security deposit.

Consumer protection laws are pretty clear between auto dealers and consumers:

• For a deposit to be non refundable, the deposit must clearly state that the deposit is non-refundable. Absent such language the default position is that the deposit is refundable.
  • Even if the contract saws it is non refundable, to be enforceable:
The contract must be dated
The delivery date must be stated
It must be signed by both you and the dealer

To be enforceable all three elements must be met. Failure of any one of three above, would make a non-refundable deposit unenforceable. In other words a non-refundable deposit that does not have a specific delivery date for your car would not be enforceable. If either you or the dealer did not sign the contract, it would not be enforceable.

The laws of all states do not favor non-refundable deposits.

Just my $.02 and good luck whatever you decide to do.
Thanks so much! There is no delivery date on the contract!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Thanks so much! There is no delivery date on the contract!
:)

POI: In the contract, in bold print does it say: Deposit not refundable?

When I reserved and then converted to an order, Ford gave me back my deposit and I gave my dealer a deposit.

I do not remember ever signing any other papers - certainly not a contract with my dealer. All I did was give the dealer a $500 deposit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
:)

POI: In the contract, in bold print does it say: Deposit not refundable?

When I reserved and then converted to an order, Ford gave me back my deposit and I gave my dealer a deposit.

I do not remember ever signing any other papers - certainly not a contract with my dealer. All I did was give the dealer a $500 deposit.
I’ll have to check, but I think it says because the Mach E is a factory order, and not on site, it is non refundable. However, it says nothing about delivery date. I did sign the contracy as to what the price will be, though. I didn’t want any surprises on price when it arrived.

·
Registered
Black Premium ER AWD, Ordered September 2020
24 Posts
My dealer said the same thing (re: dealer swap). Inventory is so limited right now (due to production delays from microchip supply issues) that dealers are holding onto their inventory and very inflexible with swaps. For in-demand cars (like the F-150 and Mach E), dealerships are treating them like gold.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer said the same thing (re: dealer swap). Inventory is so limited right now (due to production delays from microchip supply issues) that dealers are holding onto their inventory and very inflexible with swaps. For in-demand cars (like the F-150 and Mach E), dealerships are treating them like gold.
Sigh...

·
Registered
21 Posts
my car scheduled to be built week of 4/18 has vin of 29XXX so that means they've scheduled at least thru 29k cars
Hey zvez,
My car also has a build date schedule of 4/18. How do you get the VIN number??
the dog

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey zvez,
My car also has a build date schedule of 4/18. How do you get the VIN number??
the dog
I'm not sure if this group will let me post from the other forum. But one of the computer guys created a tool, if you have a build date and order number it can harvest your assigned vin from the reservations data, just follow the instructions it's quite easy. Ford Mach-E Reservation Details Viewer your vin will be in the 29xxx range as well

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not sure if this group will let me post from the other forum. But one of the computer guys created a tool, if you have a build date and order number it can harvest your assigned vin from the reservations data, just follow the instructions it's quite easy. Ford Mach-E Reservation Details Viewer your vin will be in the 29xxx range as well
Yes! That was (zv)EZ! My VIN looks to be a little earlier than yours. 289XX. I love that 289!!! My Falcon has a Built 289 in it so that number is always a fav.
You can see it here: Surfdog's 65 Falcon

Thanks again. This forum is Great!
S.Dog

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
Yes! That was (zv)EZ! My VIN looks to be a little earlier than yours. 289XX. I love that 289!!! My Falcon has a Built 289 in it so that number is always a fav.
You can see it here: Surfdog's 65 Falcon

Thanks again. This forum is Great!
S.Dog
I owned a red 63 Falcon Conv. with a 170CID Auto. traded it for a 64 Merc Caliente 289 CID Quad w/ 4spd.

·
Registered
Mustang Mach-E PREMIUM Extended Range Battery - AWD - Infinite Blue Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
16 Posts
I used this too when I got my build date. But a few days later they sent me the VIN. It was cool for a little while. Built first week of March, delivery is scheduled for 13-20 of April.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a VIN of 288xx, does anyone have a VIN and build date close to that? The reason that I am asking is that Ford is still showing my build date of 5/17!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a VIN of 288xx, does anyone have a VIN and build date close to that? The reason that I am asking is that Ford is still showing my build date of 5/17!
that's interesting and means they don't go in exact sequence because my 4/18 build week is 29XXX range. and someone else with the same build his close to that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
that's interesting and means they don't go in exact sequence because my 4/18 build week is 29XXX range. and someone else with the same build his close to that.
I have a RR/Premium with extended range. I am hoping that my build date gets moved up

41 - 60 of 61 Posts