Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Mustang GLX Convertable
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I received an e-mail from Ford telling me my order has been placed. The order date in the email was 7/2/20, which is the date I converted my reservation to an order, but now my order number has changed. When I converted the reservation, my order number was the same as my reservation number, now it is M508.

I was at my dealer last week and the sales manager (in charge or ordering new car inventory) gave me what he called his order number M508K3S. Also, I was told that the dealer had training scheduled on the "new" ordering process that is being put in place for the Mach e and the Bronco, so perhaps this email from Ford indicates that my dealer "pulled the trigger" after the training session. Well at least my order date is still 7/2/20.

The order number is interesting, I am guessing that the M is either 2021 or Cuautitlan which are both M in the VIN for the Mach e, well at least the 2021 Mach e.

Perhaps we should be looking at the new order numbers instead of the reservation numbers for production queue.
But it is good news that J1 is now (supposedly) in September.

Anyone else receive the Thrills ahead e-mail with a different order number?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im in Canada so I had to ask my dealer to send me order confirmation. And he sent me an order confirmation overview. I saw that number on it. My dealer didn’t know at first what I was taking about till I told him about someone else’s confirmation from this forum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have 2 mach e ordered, 1 for my wife and 1 for me. Order bumber m63c and m89c . My order have Bern place on June 25 (m89c) and my wife on july 31 (m63c)

·
Registered
45 Posts
not sure what those numbers mean. Especially that your order placed on July 31st is lower number than the one placed on June 25th. Unless it has to do with a model or reservation date.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Exactly, both are the same trim , premium SR AWD and reservation have been made at the same Time on novembre 18

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
...the sales manager (in charge or ordering new car inventory) gave me what he called his order number M508K3S...
Well, this is interesting. From the VIN decoder:
  • M - is year
  • 508 - sequential?
  • K3S = K-Mach-E LHD, 3-Premium Trim S-AWD
Question is, is the sequential number just for the order, or will it become the ending of the VIN?
If so, your VIN may look like this: 3FMTK3SS5MMA00506. (The underlined 5 is a checksum digit I arbitrarily selected to fill out the VIN example.)

·
Registered
1983 Mustang GLX Convertable
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was hoping there was meaning in the code, but apparently not what I deciphered. Elsewhere on the site @gdgills listed his order number as G001 - so I don't think he is getting a 2016 Mach e or one that is built in Chicago, and on another site someone has an order number K001 but with the K3S with a First Edition AWD not a 2019 or one built in Kansas City.

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
I was hoping there was meaning in the code, but apparently not what I deciphered. Elsewhere on the site @gdgills listed his order number as G001 - so I don't think he is getting a 2016 Mach e or one that is built in Chicago, and on another site someone has an order number K001 but with the K3S with a First Edition AWD not a 2019 or one built in Kansas City.
Lol, so maybe geographic region of order.

K3S is definitely Mach-e LHD Premium AWD.
VIN legend here: Mustang Mach-E VIN Decoder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts