Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with a February order date actually heard anything yet? All I have is an order number and you can't track without a vin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered near the end of February, but have not seen anything yet other than my order has been accepted by the dealership. I have a Ford account, so I am able to see it has not progressed any further. Was optimistically hoping I would at least have a scheduled production date by now (even if that date was in June/July).

Sorry I'm not more help, but I can commiserate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone with a February order date actually heard anything yet? All I have is an order number and you can't track without a vin.
Same here. Late January order. Going on 10 weeks with nothing but crickets from Ford. Same response from salesman, sales manager, regional rep and Ford MME Order Support....”don’t know”.

I did get some very informative spam from Ford on the features of what I already purchased.

·
Super Moderator
2,794 Posts
Same here. Late January order. Going on 10 weeks with nothing but crickets from Ford. Same response from salesman, sales manager, regional rep and Ford MME Order Support....”don’t know”.

I did get some very informative spam from Ford on the features of what I already purchased.
You may be in for a long wait, unless they squeeze your build into one of the schedules.

There is a backlog from the reservation holders and pre-orders (world-wide). This is further complicated by microchip shortages. The production schedule for these units are listed out through May (based on forum posts). This doesn’t even take into account the upcoming GT reservations, we have no clue how these will impact the build schedule.

The first communication I had from Ford after ‘order accepted’ was ‘scheduled for production’. Nothing in-between. I can see another month passing for you without word.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You may be in for a long wait, unless they squeeze your build into one of the schedules.

There is a backlog from the reservation holders and pre-orders (world-wide). This is further complicated by microchip shortages. The production schedule for these units are listed out through May (based on forum posts). This doesn’t even take into account the upcoming GT reservations, we have no clue how these will impact the build schedule.

The first communication I had from Ford after ‘order accepted’ was ‘scheduled for production’. Nothing in-between. I can see another month passing for you without word.
I get the impression you may have some access to inside information or is that just supposition?

Perhaps you can answer a question my dealer can’t, or won’t. What happens if the 2021 model year ends with open orders? Do I eventually end up with a 2022 at the 2021 price?

·
Super Moderator
2,794 Posts
I get the impression you may have some access to inside information or is that just supposition?

Perhaps you can answer a question my dealer can’t, or won’t. What happens if the 2021 model year ends with open orders? Do I eventually end up with a 2022 at the 2021 price?
No inside information, just processing all the info posted among the forums.

Ford did say that some GT orders will be 2022 model years instead of 2021. It makes sense they would do the same of the other trims. When the cut-off is for the model year is anyone’s guess.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just ordered a MME Premium Extended Range RWD this afternoon at my local dealer. (I wanted to ask a real person some questions, and I got to see two non-MME vehicles in Space White and Star White side-by-side to help me choose.)
They told me because of the chip shortages that it would be 12–15 weeks before my car came in, which now sounds like less of a wait than what other folks are experiencing right now.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I ordered 1/15/21 and a few weeks ago got build week 4/18/21. The ford build scheduling appear to come out on thursdays (not every thurs). I seem to recall some people getting build dates this past thurs., I want to say I saw someone who had ordered 2/5 had gotten build date, but I'm not positive I read so many posts here and elsewhere. Sometimes I screw the details up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny thing is aside from getting an order number from my dealer I haven't received any email from Ford directly. My order date was 2/21.

·
Registered
Select Star White AWD
20 Posts
I ordered mine 1/6, on 2/18 I received a production date of 4/11. Now trying to figure out production time and delivery time. Hoping to get it in June?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered mine 1/6, on 2/18 I received a production date of 4/11. Now trying to figure out production time and delivery time. Hoping to get it in June?
Did you happen to order a Premium or Select? I ordered a premium AWD with the larger battery, and hoping that maybe yours was similar. Not sure if they have been batching them by type or not, but here's hoping that means I would hear back sometime soon.

·
Registered
Select Star White AWD
20 Posts
Mine is a Select AWD w/ technology upgrades. I really hoping you hear something soon! I went into this knowing I needed to be patient, but now that my production date is almost a week away I am getting anxious 😁

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered mine at the dealer on 2/20, and still no word from them. The reason why ordered at the dealer is that I qualify for the A plan through a family member, and I didn't know if I could get that pricing by ordering online. Thankfully, the dealer did give me a sales order printout with the A plan price. At the time, they estimated a build date in April, and delivery in May or June.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you happen to order a Premium or Select? I ordered a premium AWD with the larger battery, and hoping that maybe yours was similar. Not sure if they have been batching them by type or not, but here's hoping that means I would hear back sometime soon.
No, Premium with standard battery and rwd.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered mine at the dealer on 2/20, and still no word from them. The reason why ordered at the dealer is that I qualify for the A plan through a family member, and I didn't know if I could get that pricing by ordering online. Thankfully, the dealer did give me a sales order printout with the A plan price. At the time, they estimated a build date in April, and delivery in May or June.
Edit: I just got the email yesterday with a build week of 5/24. My order date was 2/20.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good for you but I guess April was just a guesstimate.
Yes I guess it was. Is anyone out there thinking about ditching their reservation and trying to find a dealer who just got one in and trying to get that instead to get one quicker? A lot of dealers have them on order.

·
Super Moderator
2,794 Posts
Yes I guess it was. Is anyone out there thinking about ditching their reservation and trying to find a dealer who just got one in and trying to get that instead to get one quicker? A lot of dealers have them on order.
Don’t ditch, just keep looking around and see if you get lucky. If you don’t find one, at least you kept your place in line.

·
Registered
1 Posts

How many months between 'Order accepted' and 'scheduled for production' messages?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts