Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Ordered my Premium AWD White on 2/11/22. No information from Ford. I am in doubt about even a Fall delivery.
I just posted an update about my order on the main board. But what I am seeing, all the AWD MME orders are being made after the RWD which is my model. Prem. RWD. Ext. Range. & when they MASS produce them, they do the SAME STYLE for tools & parts on the assembly line. I think AWD is a bit more complex or their simply scheduled for that term. Had you ordered RWD, probably would have been built already. At my dealer, rep order (2) for him & his GF around middle Feb. both RWD & Ext. Range & he got built dates a few weeks after mine. If you changed it, would probably get pushed up BUT I suggest waiting for what you really want (AWD) if that’s the case. We already waited this long. But for sure it’s coming. :) Good luck. 🍀

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Took delivery 9 May. Fun to drive, satisfying to plug in to my EVSE overnight rather than waiting in line at Costco for fuel.
I haven’t been to COSTCO to fuel ⛽ up since it was $2.95 a gallon or January 2022. I purchased another EV in February thinking the MME (Jan. Order) was going to take 1-Yr. (28+ weeks) people were saying longer. They sprung it on me today, almost 1 month early. I’m not complaining, just not ready for same day p/u. Some preparation. I bet it’s fun to drive! 🐎 I’ve never even been inside an MME. Only admired from afar. Did you install Level 2 charger? I haven’t even done that yet.😬

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yes I did! On 5/24, that’s great news! You were supposed to receive yours in July right?
Don’t forget to post pictures ☺
You got a GT in May, Awesome! Do u have a pic? Yes mine was scheduled 07/19-07/26 but it came in early. I’m putting everything together, down Pmt. Garage ready this weekend & picking up the car early next week. 1st thing I’m going to do is take the car to get windows tinted, UNLESS they already come tinted??🫡 Do they? Next I’d like to see about a protective wrap but not sure which one or what kind would be best.

It’s crazy, I’ve never thought about getting my car wrapped before but this car makes me want to go all out for some reason. My Ford rep said I am going to LOVE it 😍

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure... maybe the color? It's black. It was a priority code 14, so not great, not terrible.
You got a GT in May, Awesome! Do u have a pic? Yes mine was scheduled 07/19-07/26 but it came in early. I’m putting everything together, down Pmt. Garage ready this weekend & picking up the car early next week. 1st thing I’m going to do is take the car to get windows tinted, UNLESS they already come tinted??🫡 Do they? Next I’d like to see about a protective wrap but not sure which one or what kind would be best.

It’s crazy, I’ve never thought about getting my car wrapped before but this car makes me want to go all out for some reason. My Ford rep said I am going to LOVE it 😍
That’s great! Wow I’m sure it must be hard to wait until next week! The windows do come tinted, but we tinted them anyway. I’m in central California and it’s definitely needed. I’m not sure if I’d do a wrap on the car. I love the color we purchased lol.
You will definitely love the car. The public charging experience are the downer, but everything about the car is great so far in my experience.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
That’s great! Wow I’m sure it must be hard to wait until next week! The windows do come tinted, but we tinted them anyway. I’m in central California and it’s definitely needed. I’m not sure if I’d do a wrap on the car. I love the color we purchased lol.
You will definitely love the car. The public charging experience are the downer, but everything about the car is great so far in my experience.
Yes, I am trying to be patient while I wait. But if I brought the MME home now, it wouldn’t fit in garage bc 1/2 needs to be reorganized & I’m donating a SS Refrigerator in there. Their coming Tues. I’m picking up MME Wednesday. My other E.V. is taking up the other 1/2 of garage. They will have to cohabitate & get along while sharing (1) wall charging unit. Lol
I also live in S.CA & it gets brutal, heat wise so I plan to tint if it’s not sufficient. That will be done asap.
No I didn’t mean a WRAP to change anything, I meant to protect the paint & color. I understand there are some that do that & keep it shiny &dust doesn’t stick to it, etc. also to avoid scratches & scuffs. Do you charge on Level 2 at home? Can I ask what financing options they offered you? However I do wonder if rates have changed recently with the volatility of the market. I do hope they honor the 2.4% they had back when I did my order.
I’m glad you love it. What color, pictures? 😊

·
Registered
2021 Tesla MY, 2017 Volt, Mach e Premium on order
155 Posts
Yes, I am trying to be patient while I wait. But if I brought the MME home now, it wouldn’t fit in garage bc 1/2 needs to be reorganized & I’m donating a SS Refrigerator in there. Their coming Tues. I’m picking up MME Wednesday. My other E.V. is taking up the other 1/2 of garage. They will have to cohabitate & get along while sharing (1) wall charging unit. Lol
I also live in S.CA & it gets brutal, heat wise so I plan to tint if it’s not sufficient. That will be done asap.
No I didn’t mean a WRAP to change anything, I meant to protect the paint & color. I understand there are some that do that & keep it shiny &dust doesn’t stick to it, etc. also to avoid scratches & scuffs. Do you charge on Level 2 at home? Can I ask what financing options they offered you? However I do wonder if rates have changed recently with the volatility of the market. I do hope they honor the 2.4% they had back when I did my order.
I’m glad you love it. What color, pictures? 😊
Hi Juliana,
There are aftermarket shades for the MME's roof that can significantly cut the heat. We have one for our MY that I put in when traveling to warmer climes. (The central coast near the water is pretty temperate.)

·
Registered
21 Posts

We charge at a level 2. The first couple of days it was at level 1 and the range anxiety was real.

This is the car with window tint already, we did limo on all the rear windows. And 50% in the front including windshield We also purchased the cover for the panoramic roof, it’s amazing how much it helps to eliminate the heat coming into the car.

I think our rate is at 2.75 if I remember correctly.

Pictures 3 and 4 are with the stock tint only

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hendersongirl,
What about your status? Mine arrived yesterday but planning to pick up Saturday.
Nada still waiting no production date
View attachment 8212
View attachment 8213
We charge at a level 2. The first couple of days it was at level 1 and the range anxiety was real.

This is the car with window tint already, we did limo on all the rear windows. And 50% in the front including windshield We also purchased the cover for the panoramic roof, it’s amazing how much it helps to eliminate the heat coming into the car.

I think our rate is at 2.75 if I remember correctly.

Pictures 3 and 4 are with the stock tint only

View attachment 8215
View attachment 8214
where do you purchase the roof cover?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven’t been to COSTCO to fuel ⛽ up since it was $2.95 a gallon or January 2022. I purchased another EV in February thinking the MME (Jan. Order) was going to take 1-Yr. (28+ weeks) people were saying longer. They sprung it on me today, almost 1 month early. I’m not complaining, just not ready for same day p/u. Some preparation. I bet it’s fun to drive! 🐎 I’ve never even been inside an MME. Only admired from afar. Did you install Level 2 charger? I haven’t even done that yet.😬
We installed a Grizzl-E level 2 charger in our garage 2 years ago when we bought my wife's Mini SE. (Yes, Mini has a BEV.) Friend of a friend is an electrician, who installed a 70A subpanel in my garage a few years ago in anticipation of level 2 charging + replacing H2O heater with electric. (We have an array of solar panels on the roof.) It has a 50A circuit for the charger (configured to draw 40A) and a 30A circuit for the H20 heater (draws 19A intermittently).

I think he charged me parts + around $600 for his labor, expect to pay more if you don't have a friend who does this. It all passed inspection, which I had to have done because our city utilities gave me a $500 rebate on the installed charger once the permit is approved.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts