Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn’t sure which model I wanted so I put a deposit down on a select and a premium. I received notice that the select will be in production in late December. I am leaning towards the premium which I have not heard anything on.

The dealer says he will have no trouble selling The one I do not take. I was wondering if anyone ehas any ideas on how I might take it advantage of my situation. You can’t get a rebate on a car that you buy and then sell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
Take ownership (and any available incentives) for the one you want to own and drive.

Leave the other one in dealer stock.

Unless you think you can buy both and sell one privately for a profit? But I personally wouldn't expect that to work in my favor. I am risk adverse though. Up to you and your tolerance for risk/gambling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn’t sure which model I wanted so I put a deposit down on a select and a premium. I received notice that the select will be in production in late December. I am leaning towards the premium which I have not heard anything on.

The dealer says he will have no trouble selling The one I do not take. I was wondering if anyone ehas any ideas on how I might take it advantage of my situation. You can’t get a rebate on a car that you buy and then sell
Thanks
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,923 Posts
Buying and selling will be hard. I don’t think it will be considered new anymore, so the 2nd buyer wouldn’t get the $7,500 credit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But you received the $7,500 credit plus any state credit and you can then sell if for $7,500 less and any state credit.
But you received the $7,500 credit plus any state credit and you can then sell if for $7,500 less and any state credit.
But you received the $7,500 credit plus any state credit and you can then sell if for $7,500 less and any state credit.
I do agree buying/selling is not much of an option. I was thinking that the reservation might be worth something so someone could avoid a longer wait or in case of a sellout. The car is scheduled for production for the week of 12/21. I would rather help someone out than just just return to dealer. Maybe a set of floor mats or less. Probably not worth the trouble.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top