Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my dealer, I'm the first to order one and they didn't really seem to know the process, the Sales Manager was out. They had me log on to my account at ford.com and order thru there with $500 deposit and them listed as the receiving dealer. Who knows when it will actually be built, delivered.

My dealer is charging a $5k markup which I said I wasn't paying, the Sales Manager guaranteed x-plan pricing, I did tell him any more than that and I'd walk.

Now I need to learn more about EV, especially the charging. Seem to be options.

Initially I'm going to use the basic charger, the car will be my wife's and she probably won;t drive it more than a 100 miles a week.

I'm puzzled tho about chargers. I read here and also on line, you could buy the ford charger and set up install thru amazon. I couldn't find a ford charger nor info on contractors to install.

I read that you get two years free charging with the electrify america/ford pass. Is this correct.
Chris

Reactions: Maric

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Went to my dealer, I'm the first to order one and they didn't really seem to know the process, the Sales Manager was out. They had me log on to my account at ford.com and order thru there with $500 deposit and them listed as the receiving dealer. Who knows when it will actually be built, delivered.

My dealer is charging a $5k markup which I said I wasn't paying, the Sales Manager guaranteed x-plan pricing, I did tell him any more than that and I'd walk.

Initially I'm going to use the basic charger, the car will be my wife's and she probably won;t drive it more than a 100 miles a week.

I'm puzzled tho about chargers. I read here and also on line, you could buy the ford charger and set up install thru amazon. I couldn't find a ford charger nor info on contractors to install.

I read that you get two years free charging with the electrify america/ford pass. Is this correct.
Chris
Check with your local utility company for incentives.
I got my Juicebox 40 through them for $250 including tax after a $450 instant rebate through my utility.
30% of the charger + install costs are deductible off of your taxes as well up to $1,000.

You're in Georgia right? Georgia Power has a $250 rebate on L2 EV chargers.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,775 Posts

Chris

If you are only going to drive 100 miles a week, roughly 15 miles a day, the charger that comes free with the MME should be more than sufficient.

The L1, ordinary 110 volt charger, that you can plug into any electrical socket gives about 3 miles per hour. If you charge overnight, 8 to 8, 12 hours you will get 36 miles of range, more than double what you will actually need.

If this is your case, I would not recommend going through the expense of installing a plug in 40 AMP circuit which even after all the rebates and electrician fees will cost you between $300 and $500. It is paying for charging you will never need or use.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
Not so.
You get 2-years free membership to FordPass, which pays for the preferred pricing on various networks.
Ford offers you 250kW of free charging on EA. But you have to sign up for FordPass and activate your cars connected services when you purchase your vehicle. and then you have to use it within a certain amount of time. I think its 2 years, might be less.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check with your local utility company for incentives.
I got my Juicebox 40 through them for $250 including tax after a $450 instant rebate through my utility.
30% of the charger + install costs are deductible off of your taxes as well up to $1,000.

You're in Georgia right? Georgia Power has a $250 rebate on L2 EV chargers.

Yep, thanks I did check with GA power about the rebate, I wish GA had a tax credit but they did away with it some years ago. tho they're talking about reinstating. I'll look into the Juicebox, this is the one I saw on amazon.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are only going to drive 100 miles a week, roughly 15 miles a day, the charger that comes free with the MME should be more than sufficient.

The L1, ordinary 110 volt charger, that you can plug into any electrical socket gives about 3 miles per hour. If you charge overnight, 8 to 8, 12 hours you will get 36 miles of range, more than double what you will actually need.

If this is your case, I would not recommend going through the expense of installing a plug in 40 AMP circuit which even after all the rebates and electrician fees will cost you between $300 and $500. It is paying for charging you will never need or use.
this is actually my initial plan to use the basic charger, because, I won't have enough tax burden to make benefit of the additional $1k install tax credit. So I'll take the risk it'll be continued next year. As you say tho, I may not really even need the L2 charger..

·
Registered
2 Posts

Chris
I've been reading through this forum a lot and have called several Ford dealers.

When you ordered, did you get a date of when you could expect to have the vehicle? One dealership in SoCal said 3-4 months and another told me that they will have cars on the lot in June.

Appreciate any answers!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've been reading through this forum a lot and have called several Ford dealers.

When you ordered, did you get a date of when you could expect to have the vehicle? One dealership in SoCal said 3-4 months and another told me that they will have cars on the lot in June.

Appreciate any answers!
Any answer a dealer would give you would be pure speculation.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Appreciate any answers!
nope unfortunately no indication, I'm wishing for may but any guess is as good as mine, dealer had no idea

Reactions: taiewa

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
114 Posts
I bought a ChargePoint Flex off Amazon for $700. Had NEMA 14-50 plug and 50A breaker installed for $350. My local utility paid $500 of it and after Federal tax credit it’s going to be close to free.

·
Registered
Black Premium ER AWD, Ordered September 2020
27 Posts
I ordered mine in late September (well after the first wave of early adopters placed their orders in the summer of 2020), and have a build date of March 15. Not a TON of orders made between my order date and mid-December when the press reviews came out on the Mach E. Lots of orders in late December (according to tracking in the Mach E Forum). I would guess that cars ordered in December might see a build date as early as late March or early April, with another 3-4 weeks to delivery. If you ordered now, my best guess is mid- to late-April production date with delivery around Memorial Day. Just a guess, though. If you order a GT version, that won't be under production until later in 2021, so you'll have to wait longer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered mine in late September (well after the first wave of early adopters placed their orders in the summer of 2020), and have a build date of March 15. Not a TON of orders made between my order date and mid-December when the press reviews came out on the Mach E. Lots of orders in late December (according to tracking in the Mach E Forum). I would guess that cars ordered in December might see a build date as early as late March or early April, with another 3-4 weeks to delivery. If you ordered now, my best guess is mid- to late-April production date with delivery around Memorial Day. Just a guess, though. If you order a GT version, that won't be under production until later in 2021, so you'll have to wait longer.
Mind if I ask where you got your build date? Was it posted on your Ford account as a scheduled production date? I also ordered in late September and have been watching my account for updates...but nothing so far. Thanks!

·
Registered
Black Premium ER AWD, Ordered September 2020
27 Posts
Mind if I ask where you got your build date? Was it posted on your Ford account as a scheduled production date? I also ordered in late September and have been watching my account for updates...but nothing so far. Thanks!
I received an email from Ford; it was a week ago when I got it. I ordered on Sept 24. You can also log in to your Ford.com account and check your order status.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

Appreciate any answers!
3-4 months is about as general as a vehicle delivery timeline gets. I'm 100% it was based on that.
The only reliable thing is getting your VIN and running it through the Mach-E VIN decoder and Ford's VIN tool. So try to get that as soon as you can.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts