Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
22 Premium Shadow Black AWD Standard Battery
60 Posts
OK I have to get this off my chest. First of all Ford should stop people from ordering 3 of these cars to see which one comes first. With demand so high ordering should be limited. Also the people doing this only add to the production issues. Because a lot of these back logged vehicles are just ending up on Dealership lots. That brings me to my second point. Ford should be verifying if people still want these vehicles, and if not, instead of sending them to the dealers they should be used to fulfill back ordered units that people are waiting on. Makes sense to me to do it this way. That would take some of the load off because more orders can be filled. Sorry if you do not agree, but I am just saying it would be nice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
OK I have to get this off my chest. First of all Ford should stop people from ordering 3 of these cars to see which one comes first. With demand so high ordering should be limited. Also the people doing this only add to the production issues. Because a lot of these back logged vehicles are just ending up on Dealership lots. That brings me to my second point. Ford should be verifying if people still want these vehicles, and if not, instead of sending them to the dealers they should be used to fulfill back ordered units that people are waiting on. Makes sense to me to do it this way. That would take some of the load off because more orders can be filled. Sorry if you do not agree, but I am just saying it would be nice.
It’s a nice idea (verifying want), but since you can turnaround a sell your nearly-new mach e for $10,000 more than you paid for it, it’s just a good investment for people to take delivery even if you don’t want it. There are few investments that can nearly guarantee a $10,000 instant payoff. The only way this wouldn’t work is if your credit/income are so bad that no one will give you a loan at any interest rate.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think people that think like this are a problem. That is why now you can barely get a concert ticket from ticket master, because someone hoards tickets and resales them at a higher price. The same thing was happening with iPhones when they first came out until Apple stopped the practice by limiting how many you can buy. If you are going to be an investor invest in real investments such as stocks and real estate. But buying 10 play stations at Christmas time does not make you an investor. The Government needs to limit the tax rebates in some way to not make this an attractive thing to do, by people who think this way. What all these car buyers should do is relax and be patient and stick these so called investors with their investments. This will stop the unfair practice. All because something is legal does not make it a fair practice. Just like rich people evading taxes. I want the car because it is technology that I want to have and that is why Apple limited the purchase of the iPhone because they sell the product for people that want it for personal use not so, so called investors can buy as many as possible and resell them. If you want to sell cars Invest in a dealership.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think people that think like this are a problem. That is why now you can barely get a concert ticket from ticket master, because someone hoards tickets and resales them at a higher price. The same thing was happening with iPhones when they first came out until Apple stopped the practice by limiting how many you can buy. If you are going to be an investor invest in real investments such as stocks and real estate. But buying 10 play stations at Christmas time does not make you an investor. The Government needs to limit the tax rebates in some way to not make this an attractive thing to do, by people who think this way. What all these car buyers should do is relax and be patient and stick these so called investors with their investments. This will stop the unfair practice. All because something is legal does not make it a fair practice. Just like rich people evading taxes. I want the car because it is technology that I want to have and that is why Apple limited the purchase of the iPhone because they sell the product for people that want it for personal use not so, so called investors can buy as many as possible and resell them. If you want to sell cars Invest in a dealership.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree but it’s Ford and/or the dealership and/or the government that can help fix this problem. Asking people to be nice and not pocket $10k isn’t going to work. Require a non-refundable deposit, limit to 1 per person per year, forfeit your tax credit if you sell the car in the first 2 years. For ticketmaster, tie the ticket to a photo is of the purchaser and make it non transferable, limit number in party per purchaser, etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is funny how Ford gives these surveys that are supposed to keep the Dealerships accountable to its customers. the CEO tries half heartedly to make the dealerships not raise the price of the vehicles, then he goes and does it himself! But where is the survey to keep them accountable. 2 years and the process is still crap. I work at a Ford dealer and spoiler alert, each dealer was told that they are only getting 10 Electric F150s for 2023. I saw the memo myself. So they are hyping all these people up knowing they will only deliver a small fraction of the sold units in the first year. I did not know it was this bad but that is why I ordered the Mach E and not the F150, but the Mach E is still not available enough. At this point Ford should be saying something to give its customers a better understanding of what's going on. 3 years ago I bought my first non Ford vehicle and we love it. But after this Mach E I may be stepping out more often. Not that I would never buy another Ford but the experience is causing me not to limit myself to Ford if this is what they have become.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered Ice Blue MME CR1 EAWD 2/18/22, received build date of 4/25/22, faster then expected…so far.
That is awesome! I’m a little jealous since I ordered on 12/6/2021, Rapid Red CR1, AWD and have only received emails saying they received my order and emails about supply chain issues. Crossing my fingers I will hear something soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I called Ford this after noon and was given this information:

Primary Status: In Order Processing
vehicle identification number - I HAVE A VIN NUMBER CHOSE NOT TO DISPLAY IT HERE
Secondary Status: Scheduled to Week (Week of June 27, 2022) subject to change
ETA End Date: TBD

No email from Ford yet. But can anyone explain why there is a Secondary status and the primary is still in processing?

I ordered mine on 12/1/2021

·
Registered
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium, RWD, Ext Range
105 Posts
I called Ford this after noon and was given this information:

Primary Status: In Order Processing
vehicle identification number - I HAVE A VIN NUMBER CHOSE NOT TO DISPLAY IT HERE
Secondary Status: Scheduled to Week (Week of June 27, 2022) subject to change
ETA End Date: TBD

No email from Ford yet. But can anyone explain why there is a Secondary status and the primary is still in processing?

I ordered mine on 12/1/2021
There is always a secondary status, you have the primary that indicates what part of the process and a secondary that is a sub status to the primary because there are multiple steps per primary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to this site, and I am distressed to see all of the bad news regarding lengthy order delays! I ordered a MachE Premium eAWD with EXT Battery on 12/3/2021. Or at least I thought I did! There is no record of my order on the Ford.com site. I have been trying to get info from my salesperson at Tom Holzer Ford in Farmington Hills, MI (recently renamed Serra Ford within the past 2 weeks), but have been getting the run around.

I have never received anything from Ford directly, and am wondering whether the dealer has simply taken my deposit money?

Today I initiated a chat with Brianna at Ford.com, and provided her with my 4-digit Order Code and a 6-digit Dealer Sales Code...she advised me that it comes back to a 2022 Ford F150, not to a Mach-E. She suggested that I reach out to the New Vehicle Support Team (on Monday, due to hours of operation).

I hope I am not screwed! 😥

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would call them as directed. I will not say the phone people are helpful but there will let you know about your order. Make sure you know the email address the dealer used when you ordered. They may have gotten that screwed up and the people on the phone at Ford Customer Care may be able to correct that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would call them as directed. I will not say the phone people are helpful but there will let you know about your order. Make sure you know the email address the dealer used when you ordered. They may have gotten that screwed up and the people on the phone at Ford Customer Care may be able to correct that.
I tried calling the number given, even though it was supposedly after hours. Turns out, someone answered the phone (Maria)! She couldn't help me much - but did confirm that my Sales Code applies to an F150 rather than a MachE. She indicated that the dealer may have made a mistake, and that such matters are out of Ford's control since Ford doesn't own the dealerships. Maria promised to "escalate" the issue, and someone would be in touch with the Sales Manager at the dealer to try to get to the bottom of it. She also suggested I follow up with the Sales Manager after 24 hours. I asked if someone from Ford corporate could call me....she would not commit to that.

I'll see where all of this takes me...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I tried calling the number given, even though it was supposedly after hours. Turns out, someone answered the phone (Maria)! She couldn't help me much - but did confirm that my Sales Code applies to an F150 rather than a MachE. She indicated that the dealer may have made a mistake, and that such matters are out of Ford's control since Ford doesn't own the dealerships. Maria promised to "escalate" the issue, and someone would be in touch with the Sales Manager at the dealer to try to get to the bottom of it. She also suggested I follow up with the Sales Manager after 24 hours. I asked if someone from Ford corporate could call me....she would not commit to that.

I'll see where all of this takes me...
Wow that is horrible! I hope they get it worked out for you.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts