Long status update on my car
I had left my car at an alternate dealership (as my selling dealer gave me an appt one month out for 20th April) for my PowerUp v1.7.1 issue to be fixed. After one week sitting in the lot they started working on my car. Due to an urgent work I had to leave for a trip outside the US, so the dealer kept me updating on the status
- Day 7 - Tech checked the car, and found bad APIM module that is preventing the updates. APIM module ordered.
- Day 9 - APIM module arrived tech started updating
- Day 13 - Tech leaves on a planned vacation will be back in 2 days
- Day 14 - Dealership takes window and gets the Roof Panel recall work done (windshield is not being done, as I have a crack and Insurance will replace it, long story Windshield recall will stay open as Ford says as they did not do the work they won't close it - I will deal with that mess later)
- Day 15 - Tech comes back, I come back, and still car not complete, more updates like Bluecruise taking a long time, I say nothing and they give me a loaner
- Day 16 - today I will get an update what it is, at least on the FordPass app all alerts gone that had generated yesterday, so feels good.
- Day 17 - tomorrow I have the Insurance windshield appt, if dealer does not give me the car, that has to be moved one week out.
BTW my Selling dealer still has that 20th Apr appt open. I have told them nothing. If all gets fixed by Monday 18th, I will cancel that.
What a long journey? Hopefully I get Bluecruise activated, as I have a 2000-mile trip to Atlanta coming on 5th of next month and would love to try out Bluecruise.
Today is Easter Friday, hope things work out,
Worried, why does this take so long. Can anyone run my VIN (3FMTK2R76MMA36079) against FDRS to see what was done software wise?