Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Tesla MY, 2017 Volt, Mach e Premium on order
92 Posts
The PAAK on our Tesla is also not without its bugginess. I'm looking forward to having an actual key fob again not to mention the digital code to access the car and start it up. That latter option will be most useful when you're going surfing or open water swimming and don't want to risk carrying a phone or key fob in a waterproof pouch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Phone as a Key feature left my wife stranded today while she was out. Around here its a 90 degree today. Not the kind of weather you want to be stuck outside with. It just stopped recognizing her PaaK out of the blue. We only have 1 car so I couldn't even go rescue her myself. Called both Ford Roadside Assistance and the local Ford dealer to see if they could get someone to help her out. Neither was of any use at all.

This really pisses me off. You cannot have a PAAK feature and not have it be 100% reliable! If Ford can't make it reliable then they should give me 2 fobs for my Mach-E instead. This kind of issue should be the #1 thing their software developers should be working on. Adding new features is worthless if I cant drive the car because the PaaK isn't a reliable feature.

I would love to raise this complaint to someone at Ford but I can't figure out who to contact. If anyone has information for an email or phone # that I can to report this issue to Ford and my dissatisfaction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading my rant!!!
Mike

I’m on my second Mach E. Recently traded my 2021 premium RW ER for a 2022 GT. We’ve driven over 15,000 miles between them-long trips too. There have been rare occasions where the PAAK has not worked but always were able to get in and drive with the door and backup codes. But just to be extra cautious I bought a small Farraday pouch from Amazon (around $10 for 2) and put the fob ( the new car came with 2 fobs so Ford listened to the complaints) in it and put it in the center console out of sight. The Farraday bag blocks the signal allowing the car to lock normally when I walk away.
I had a Tesla Model S before but I would not trade this car for anything on the market today. It’s a blast to drive and beautiful inside and out. And passing by gas stations has become very satisfying.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Critical to set these up. People don’t realize until they are f’d.
very true. Fortunately in the months waiting for my car I read up on the forums etc on mutliple elements including the one key fob (which is my major complaint with ford thus far). So setting up PAAK was first thing I did, never used it but I wanted that code just in case. Cuz deep down I'm just a fob guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m on my second Mach E. Recently traded my 2021 premium RW ER for a 2022 GT. We’ve driven over 15,000 miles between them-long trips too. There have been rare occasions where the PAAK has not worked but always were able to get in and drive with the door and backup codes. But just to be extra cautious I bought a small Farraday pouch from Amazon (around $10 for 2) and put the fob ( the new car came with 2 fobs so Ford listened to the complaints) in it and put it in the center console out of sight. The Farraday bag blocks the signal allowing the car to lock normally when I walk away.
I had a Tesla Model S before but I would not trade this car for anything on the market today. It’s a blast to drive and beautiful inside and out. And passing by gas stations has become very satisfying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Phone as a Key feature left my wife stranded today while she was out. Around here its a 90 degree today. Not the kind of weather you want to be stuck outside with. It just stopped recognizing her PaaK out of the blue. We only have 1 car so I couldn't even go rescue her myself. Called both Ford Roadside Assistance and the local Ford dealer to see if they could get someone to help her out. Neither was of any use at all.

This really pisses me off. You cannot have a PAAK feature and not have it be 100% reliable! If Ford can't make it reliable then they should give me 2 fobs for my Mach-E instead. This kind of issue should be the #1 thing their software developers should be working on. Adding new features is worthless if I cant drive the car because the PaaK isn't a reliable feature.

I would love to raise this complaint to someone at Ford but I can't figure out who to contact. If anyone has information for an email or phone # that I can to report this issue to Ford and my dissatisfaction I would greatly appreciate it.

Mike
I’m sorry that happened to her. Hot weather is the worst.

A good alternative in this situation is using the door pin and start passcode to get into your Mach-E in emergency situations.

·
Registered
9 Posts
all this is exactly why I am a fob guy ONLY....never set up PaaK. and I wish the car had a mechanical key in addition for times when it would be needed......sometimes, in this crazy tech world, simple is better.....
I also carry around my fob. I don’t trust technology when I’m far from home as it can always fail.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,193 Posts
I'm on Android, and for what it's worth the only time PaaK is 'glitchy' is when the MMe is asleep. I hit remote unlock on the app and the rest of the day it works flawlessly. Ford however does recommend having the phone out of one's pocket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This happened to me shortly after I purchased the car a year ago. After that I made it a point to remember the door keypad and installed a password as a backup to the PAAK system. In fact my wife always use the password method to start the car

·
Registered
2021 Mach e Select Carbonized Gray Metallic
3 Posts
I think I posted something like this a couple of months ago. It seems like we all have different levels of expectations. Some have said to rely on passcodes. Others say that Ford should be more responsible in putting out a product that ends up frustrating their customers. That’s the camp that I’m in. When I got stuck with a “Key Not Detected” pop up on the display, my immediate reaction was to call my dealer. They said to call Ford Roadside Assistance. Made sense. When I finally reached them I was very specific that this was an all electric vehicle and should make that clear to the Roadside Assistant. Too many horror stories on a tow truck operator thinking they can just tow the vehicle. We’ll the first towing service contacted me as to when they would arrive to TOW my vehicle. I asked if he knew it was all electric. He asked if I could get it in neutral. I came back with “Did you hear the part that it was all electric?” Once he knew that he said it would cost him more than Ford allows for towing because he would have to put it on dolly’s to put it up on the flatbed. So he said he would notify them that he was declining the request. Then I was contacted by another towing service. I asked if they knew what they were towing. He said a Mustang. I said a Mustang Mach e. He asked what that was. When I told him he said I might need a crane to put it on a flatbed because it would be too heavy for dolly’s. After wasting 2 1/2 hours on this I called and spoke to the owner of the dealership. It was late on a Friday afternoon and he didn’t have anyone to help me. I told him I’ll call my wife 45 minutes away to bring her fob. He said to bring it in 1st thing Monday morning. I made him promise me a loaner because I was not confident it would be fixed in a short time. After 3 days I called to find out when I’m getting the car back. I was told they were waiting for a part. I then spoke to the owner again and asked if he would get me another fob and I would pay for it. He refused because it’s a Ford policy not to provide a 2nd fob. I called Ford customer service direct and explained everything. I was told to try another dealer. I did, they asked me my VIN # and had a fob for me the next day! I then called the owner of the dealership that had my car and said I’m coming in to pick it up and I want it ready, part or no part. When he asked why, I told him I found another Ford dealer that provided me with a fob… no questions asked. Short story long…offering another fob takes a lot of frustration out of a situation that should have never happened. As someone mentioned, they now provide 2 fobs when purchasing a new Mach e. I wonder why?

·
Registered
10 Posts

Mike
Couldn't she use the code on the outside of the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I think I posted something like this a couple of months ago. It seems like we all have different levels of expectations. Some have said to rely on passcodes. Others say that Ford should be more responsible in putting out a product that ends up frustrating their customers. That’s the camp that I’m in. When I got stuck with a “Key Not Detected” pop up on the display, my immediate reaction was to call my dealer. They said to call Ford Roadside Assistance. Made sense. When I finally reached them I was very specific that this was an all electric vehicle and should make that clear to the Roadside Assistant. Too many horror stories on a tow truck operator thinking they can just tow the vehicle. We’ll the first towing service contacted me as to when they would arrive to TOW my vehicle. I asked if he knew it was all electric. He asked if I could get it in neutral. I came back with “Did you hear the part that it was all electric?” Once he knew that he said it would cost him more than Ford allows for towing because he would have to put it on dolly’s to put it up on the flatbed. So he said he would notify them that he was declining the request. Then I was contacted by another towing service. I asked if they knew what they were towing. He said a Mustang. I said a Mustang Mach e. He asked what that was. When I told him he said I might need a crane to put it on a flatbed because it would be too heavy for dolly’s. After wasting 2 1/2 hours on this I called and spoke to the owner of the dealership. It was late on a Friday afternoon and he didn’t have anyone to help me. I told him I’ll call my wife 45 minutes away to bring her fob. He said to bring it in 1st thing Monday morning. I made him promise me a loaner because I was not confident it would be fixed in a short time. After 3 days I called to find out when I’m getting the car back. I was told they were waiting for a part. I then spoke to the owner again and asked if he would get me another fob and I would pay for it. He refused because it’s a Ford policy not to provide a 2nd fob. I called Ford customer service direct and explained everything. I was told to try another dealer. I did, they asked me my VIN # and had a fob for me the next day! I then called the owner of the dealership that had my car and said I’m coming in to pick it up and I want it ready, part or no part. When he asked why, I told him I found another Ford dealer that provided me with a fob… no questions asked. Short story long…offering another fob takes a lot of frustration out of a situation that should have never happened. As someone mentioned, they now provide 2 fobs when purchasing a new Mach e. I wonder why?
I'm curious tho, did you not at least try your start up and door entry codes? Seems like all the towing and other drama came about without trying that? The other thing, I'm only mildly tech literate but I can't think of a single phone or computer app that doesn't fail at one time or another. But not even that. Say you're walking, arm is knocked, your phones goes into a storm drain, what do you do? That's the whole reason for the code setup.. I'm also with everyone in that the mache SHOULD come with two fobs (they do now).

Trust me this is not a ford fanboy response, but it seems not utilizing the pass codes will set you up to have more of these occurrences unless you go strictly to fobs.(like me)

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
I'm curious tho, did you not at least try your start up and door entry codes? Seems like all the towing and other drama came about without trying that? The other thing, I'm only mildly tech literate but I can't think of a single phone or computer app that doesn't fail at one time or another. But not even that. Say you're walking, arm is knocked, your phones goes into a storm drain, what do you do? That's the whole reason for the code setup.. I'm also with everyone in that the mache SHOULD come with two fobs (they do now).

Trust me this is not a ford fanboy response, but it seems not utilizing the pass codes will set you up to have more of these occurrences unless you go strictly to fobs.(like me)
Unless your Fob falls into a storm drain 🙃😟

·
Registered
3 Posts

Mike
Hey did you not set up the key code and password? Also I wonder if you could do a remote start through the app. You could at least unlock the doors and she could get in and try to set up the phone again! But anyway! Make sure you set your passcode & password immediately and you will always have a backup.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Mike
This happened to me more than once, but hard closing the app then reopening it has always solved the problem. You should also take a photo of your backup reentry/restart card, and program your own codes as well. One of those three methods is bound to get you going again.

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
This happened to me more than once, but hard closing the app then reopening it has always solved the problem. You should also take a photo of your backup reentry/restart card, and program your own codes as well. One of those three methods is bound to get you going again.
Since I haven't had any issues with PaaK, may I enquire as to what operating system those who are having difficulties are operating on? I'm on Android, thanks

21 - 37 of 37 Posts