Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

This week I placed an order on 1/10 for my first EV, the 2022 MME Premium Extended Range RWD in Star White with the Light Space Gray interior. I am overly excited and looking forward to the day I finally get to drive it for the first time. I know the website says it will take 28+ weeks for delivery, so I know I'm in for a painfully long wait.

One slight concern I have is over the glass roof. I have two young daughters who like to complain, and I'm afraid the sun will be in their eyes as they ride in the back. I did some searching of the forums about this, but only found a couple of posts about people mentioning this issue. From the couple posts I found, it seems as though this isn't much of an issue as the glass is tinted, UV and infrared protected. But I'm curious if anybody else out there had this concern or has experience with how it turned out.

I did find a couple of aftermarket sunshades that look like they would great if this is an issue, so I'm not too concerned. Appreciate any insight anyone may have though.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,912 Posts
Hello All,

This week I placed an order on 1/10 for my first EV, the 2022 MME Premium Extended Range RWD in Star White with the Light Space Gray interior. I am overly excited and looking forward to the day I finally get to drive it for the first time. I know the website says it will take 28+ weeks for delivery, so I know I'm in for a painfully long wait.

One slight concern I have is over the glass roof. I have two young daughters who like to complain, and I'm afraid the sun will be in their eyes as they ride in the back. I did some searching of the forums about this, but only found a couple of posts about people mentioning this issue. From the couple posts I found, it seems as though this isn't much of an issue as the glass is tinted, UV and infrared protected. But I'm curious if anybody else out there had this concern or has experience with how it turned out.

I did find a couple of aftermarket sunshades that look like they would great if this is an issue, so I'm not too concerned. Appreciate any insight anyone may have though.

Thanks!
I live in Las Vegas and have had my MMe for the entire summer with no issues. My prior vehicle was a Fusion with a glass roof and when I retracted the shade cover, I would roast. However, the MMe roof and window coating does a great job on both heat radiating and brightness/glare. I personally do not believe that a shade is needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats. You and I are in the same boat. Ordered mine on 1/3. Let's hope we don't have to wait until next winter to drive them 😅

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the feedback Summerlin Bob.

Also, I received a call today from the dealership saying they received notice from Ford that there will be extended wait times on the Premium ER orders beyond the 28+ weeks noted on the Ford website. Delivery would be July 25 if it were 28 weeks from order, but I was expecting that it would take a little longer than that. So @Edredius I'm hoping it's not winter time when the vehicle arrives, fingers crossed it's here before Halloween at least.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I live in Las Vegas and have had my MMe for the entire summer with no issues. My prior vehicle was a Fusion with a glass roof and when I retracted the shade cover, I would roast. However, the MMe roof and window coating does a great job on both heat radiating and brightness/glare. I personally do not believe that a shade is needed.
You sir, have put my mind at ease, I live in Phoenix Arizona and this was my biggest worry - was thinking about getting Limo Tint added to the Glass Roof, but if you say its not needed.... Am all good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@VegasWeezy my dealer had me hoping for June / July. I'm not sure it will happen, but I am in a zev state, so just maybe. Plus I'm getting a standard range awd, rapid red with space gray interior 😊

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,912 Posts
You sir, have put my mind at ease, I live in Phoenix Arizona and this was my biggest worry - was thinking about getting Limo Tint added to the Glass Roof, but if you say its not needed.... Am all good.
I parked in the sun on a 100+ degree day and used an instant read thermometer to read in three locations. the reading at drivers' level with the AirCon off and closed windows and the sun directly overhead at noon was in the 80s and while the glass itself was very warm it did not radiate down the drivers' level. Driving back through the desert the on-board temp gauge read 117 degrees outside and with the windows up and AirCon off it was quite warm but tolerable if for some reason the AirCon was inoperable. Comfort is subjective but comparing it to the Fusion glass roof which was unbearable the MMe does a good job of not focusing direct heat to the interior.
EDIT: I do however use the AirCon in the summer because I prefer my temps in the low 70s

·
Registered
Grabber Blue GT w/Pano Roof. Reserved March 2021, Ordered April 2021, Still Waiting.....
267 Posts
28 weeks 😅 I wish! I find the pano to be quite dark, but I keep blindfolds in the car should any of my children complain. 😜

1 - 9 of 9 Posts