Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only EV I have driven is a golf cart. Do you think the ME will burn rubber when the accelerator is floored? I assume both motors engeage simultaneously on the 2 wheel drive models..

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
No, traction control will kick in.
Also note: although it is not recommended with a car with this much torque, you can shut-off traction control through the touch-interface.

The ability to shut off traction control is really meant for low speeds through snow if the traction control is preventing wheel-spin.

Read the owners manual for further details and cautions.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,110 Posts
Also note: although it is not recommended with a car with this much torque, you can shut-off traction control through the touch-interface.

The ability to shut off traction control is really meant for low speeds through snow if the traction control is preventing wheel-spin.

This reminded me of a Top Gear episode where James May decided to shut off the ETC on a Caddy CTS V to 'burn rubber' on a 556 HP 550 Ft Lbs of torque ( I owned one) the result was that he put in in a ditch.😟

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thank you both. Good to know.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
146 Posts
My Chevy Bolt with traction control on spins its tires at start and at 20 miles per hour. Partially due to low rolling resistant tires have less traction.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Volt, 2021 Mach-E Premium extended AWD
59 Posts
My Chevy Bolt with traction control on spins its tires at start and at 20 miles per hour. Partially due to low rolling resistant tires have less traction.
Yup, I've spun my Volt's tires on initial acceleration many times. But wondering if I can do the same in the (much) heavier Mach-E...time will tell! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Ford Focus electric doesn’t burn rubber but the tires do slip a lot. Does this count? Seriously the tires are rock hard for improved range and they slip often on dry roads. I will say I haveever lost control on wet roads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts