Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Yes. Falling out of love with car very quickly. At shop now. Three days I’d be surprised if they touched it. They are more confused than most of us.
It looks like some dealers are using this PaaK thing as a training exercise, waiting for Ford engineers to come onsite and show them what to do.

That’s why I’m just using the Fob until the OTA is released for the PaaK issue.

Similar Love/Hate relationship with PAAK as others have noted. Had the recall performed at the end of June, and then re-installed PAAK. Noted at the time that the recall resulted in a second, number-coded Bluetooth connection to my phone, like Cavi mentioned.
Three weeks of carefree PAAK use followed. The only oddity was a Sirius channel on car start up that I never use (I’m the only driver and key-holder). This past week, the audio system started flipping itself between the Sirius station that was playing, and the Apple CarPlay menu screen (no app running) while I was driving. After I manually re-selected Sirius a few times, the Sirius selection key and audio stream disappeared entirely. Once home and parked, I tried to open the Sirius Setting, but found only a inoperable, grayed-out “Audio” setting button. A long call with a Ford Advisor — and something she must have done after the call — restored Sirius and the Sirius setting. However the random switching between Sirius and CarPlay continues. A trip to the Dealer produced only head-scratching, after attempts to disable/re-enable CarPlay failed.
At this point it’s left with the Dealer as an open issue, and I’m going to disable PAAK. I hope that a second recall or OTA update is in the works … I hate it now, but I’m open to loving it when it finally works well. The simple Mach-E math is IPhone + Key Fob = Cargo Shorts. Wait, that might be a good thing😀. Still loving this car!

Similar Love/Hate relationship with PAAK as others have noted. Had the recall performed at the end of June, and then re-installed PAAK. Noted at the time that the recall resulted in a second, number-coded Bluetooth connection to my phone, like Cavi mentioned.
Three weeks of carefree PAAK use followed. The only oddity was a Sirius channel on car start up that I never use (I’m the only driver and key-holder). This past week, the audio system started flipping itself between the Sirius station that was playing, and the Apple CarPlay menu screen (no app running) while I was driving. After I manually re-selected Sirius a few times, the Sirius selection key and audio stream disappeared entirely. Once home and parked, I tried to open the Sirius Setting, but found only a inoperable, grayed-out “Audio” setting button. A long call with a Ford Advisor — and something she must have done after the call — restored Sirius and the Sirius setting. However the random switching between Sirius and CarPlay continues. A trip to the Dealer produced only head-scratching, after attempts to disable/re-enable CarPlay failed.
At this point it’s left with the Dealer as an open issue, and I’m going to disable PAAK. I hope that a second recall or OTA update is in the works … I hate it now, but I’m open to loving it when it finally works well. The simple Mach-E math is IPhone + Key Fob = Cargo Shorts. Wait, that might be a good thing😀. Still loving this car!
Getting any better? Mine is terrible even after in person update.

I’m back to cautiously using my phone as a key. Had disabled PAAK and used the key fob for a few weeks. Thinking that Ford must be working on this issue with OTA updates, I reinstalled PAAK and it seems to be stable so far, using best practices discussed in this Forum (FordPass App open, phone not buried in a pocket, proper Bluetooth setting).
I’m defining “stable” as: opens the door, starts the car, no Sirius/CarPlay wackiness. Most of the time puddle lamps sense and respond — it seems to need more time to sense the phone’s presence so if you’re in a hurry and jumping behind the wheel, you don’t get that “greeting”.

Ford must still be scrambling with fine tuning PAAK. There will probably be more advances and setbacks. It will be very convenient when it all works reliably. I note MachDrive’s comment that PAAK should be harder to clone than a key fob.

Had my MME for about 10 days and can't even get my phone to set up PAAK. I think I've tried everything I have ready in different forums etc. I'm not opposed to just using the FOB, but I would eventually like to have PAAK work. I have an iPhone. Any suggestions on getting this set up or should I wait for a while and see if Ford figures this out?

Had my MME for about 10 days and can't even get my phone to set up PAAK. I think I've tried everything I have ready in different forums etc. I'm not opposed to just using the FOB, but I would eventually like to have PAAK work. I have an iPhone. Any suggestions on getting this set up or should I wait for a while and see if Ford figures this out?
Had the same issue when I picked up the vehicle.. I deleted the Ford App from my iPhone & re-downloaded it, signed back in & bingo, bango, Bob's your uncle! Hope this works for you as well!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.