Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings friends. I took delivery of my Premium MME last week. Over all terrific experience. However, here's something that has been a bit frustrating. Oftentimes, my phone loses its Bluetooth connection to the car. When I try to reconnect it won't reconnect. I've disabled/enabled Bluetooth and rebooted my iPhone to no avail. Eventually I get the connection back on, but on many occasions the dash indicates "No Key" and I have to use my backup password.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone a resolution?

Thanks,
LarryE

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have given up on the phone as a key. It works very randomly. So now i just carry the key fob. I have an android phone with the same issues. Hopefully ford will fix it with a software update. If you can get in the car great than you cant start the car. Good thing you can use the passcode otherwise i would have been stuck on a couple of occasions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My PAAK feature is also not very reliable. I find that I carry the FOB most of the time. I also plan to get a second FOB.
I have used the keyless entry and password a couple times when the the phone didn't work as it should. I'm hoping Ford can make improvements to that feature.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Greetings friends. I took delivery of my Premium MME last week. Over all terrific experience. However, here's something that has been a bit frustrating. Oftentimes, my phone loses its Bluetooth connection to the car. When I try to reconnect it won't reconnect. I've disabled/enabled Bluetooth and rebooted my iPhone to no avail. Eventually I get the connection back on, but on many occasions the dash indicates "No Key" and I have to use my backup password.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone a resolution?

Thanks,
LarryE
I’ve experienced similar issues. Seems like Ford could provide Fobs as opposed to the bulky single key that’s obviously designed for a vehicle that actually could use a key. I’ve found that slowing down my moves, opening the App, and or opening BT and asking it to connect helps, but occasionally I still have to enter my passcode to start. If the MME was not in my garage or I was a long way from home, I would not want to rely on PaaK. I wonder if any Ford designers read these posts. PaaK needs fixed. Ford is entering the market where basically early adopters are buying a Ford EV and PaaK is a constant disappointment and could be fixed.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
After the recent iphone OS and FordPass app updates, I am now having flaky PaaK response. Before that, it worked 99% of the time.
I’m going to try to reset everything again on case something breaks in the update process.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Since the update PaaK only seems to work to unlock the doors with the app on-screen with the phone unlocked. Actually starting the car has been 100% successful with the app minimized and the phone locked.

·
Registered
13 Posts
PAAK has been unreliable. I thought it was just me. I deleted it and started over and still have issues. It does not unlock when I get to the car. She I’m in the car, the Apple Car play has to be reconnected using 4-5 step process. It’s been frustrating so I’m going back to the key FOB which seems to work and I can open the trunk. Please fix this. And the wave of the foot for the trunk is unreliable. Lastly, please have an option for the Frunk. What a pain to go into the car to open it when you have groceries. But I’m in love with it

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Yes PaaK is slow to respond, it needs some work before prime-time.

And the wave of the foot for the trunk is unreliable.
Don’t wave your foot, Its a single move. If you wave your foot back-and-forth, you can be accidentally signaling to close the hatch before it opens (by passing your foot by the sensor twice).

Put your foot straight under the bumper, directly in the middle, and pull it back out. Step back and the hatch will open.
Of course, this relies on the fob on your person or PaaK working (or the car unlocked).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes PaaK is slow to respond, it needs some work before prime-time.

Don’t wave your foot, Its a single move. If you wave your foot back-and-forth, you can be accidentally signaling to close the hatch before it opens (by passing your foot by the sensor twice).

Put your foot straight under the bumper, directly in the middle, and pull it back out. Step back and the hatch will open.
Of course, this relies on the fob on your person or PaaK working (or the car unlocked).
Works every time now! Any recommendations on how to make my PAAK unlock my doors when I walk up to the car?

·
Registered
247 Posts
PAAK has been unreliable. I thought it was just me. I deleted it and started over and still have issues. It does not unlock when I get to the car. She I’m in the car, the Apple Car play has to be reconnected using 4-5 step process. It’s been frustrating so I’m going back to the key FOB which seems to work and I can open the trunk.
PAAK related question: New Premium 4EX here for only 5 days and 250 miles. PAAK was enabled and seems to work fine so far on 4 yr old i-Phone SE with latest OS and Apple Play not enabled yet. During the PAAK setup, the screen to enable an emergency start code came up. I entered 4 digits and it said pw was too weak so I entered 6 characters with caps, small letters and 2 digits. I thought it said that was weak but adequate, but I saw no way to continue or enter the info to proceed further. I was puzzled so I clicked on settings tab but it apparently did not save the info. Later I started on a drive and the screen to finish the PAAK setup and enter the code popped up, but since I was driving, I clicked on Set up later. In reading about Valet mode in the owners manual, there is a reference to the 8 digit driving code so I think my problem in the set up was that it was waiting for me to enter 8 characters instead of 6. Now I want to get back to finish setting up the code but do not know how to get there other than wait for the system to prompt me again. Any advice would be welcome.

So far my car does not have any issues except as noted above. The car meets all my expectations and the fit and finish is top notch. The dealer experience was all good. My initial impressions: The acceleration is wonderful and addicting...I care less about the 0-60 times than the quick 50-70 times for merging and passing. The cars heavy feel is noticeable, but strangely it still feels quite nimble. I guess that has to do with the low center of gravity. My first drive starting and initial acceleration is eerie as all my senses say there should be some engine noise (my first ev AND my first ev drive ever). I love the adaptive cruise control combined with one-pedal driving. It takes a little time to develop a trust in the system, but it is amazing to just sit back and watch the technology work.
I sold my very good condition 95 Ford Contour V-6 with 165k miles yesterday on Facebook marketplace for $600. The marketing power of FB is amazing. In less than 90 min I had well over 100 inquiries and within 4 hrs of posting I had cash in hand and the car was gone.
Charging on my JuiceBox 40 worked great but it charged to 100% when my settings on the big screen called for 95%. I think my location was set for home so I will see what happens on the next charge. This is not a big issue, but i don't need the 100% normally. So in summary the Easter Bunny was very good to me. 😀

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took delivery Monday, still can't get the car to start with my phone. Same with my wife. Not giving two fobs strikes me as needlessly chintzy. Have to go back to the dealer Friday. My particular dealer does not seem particularly well-versed in the Mach-E. I guess that's understandable. But frustrating. Still, car seems pretty damn impressive. And, Mustang purists aside, I love the styling. I think this and the Macan are the two best-looking SUVs out there. But it's electric!

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach-e AWD extended range space white
21 Posts
PaaK is a no go for me. I can unlock the doors and turn the car on but that's it. I can't start the car or drive the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Took delivery Monday, still can't get the car to start with my phone. Same with my wife. Not giving two fobs strikes me as needlessly chintzy. Have to go back to the dealer Friday. My particular dealer does not seem particularly well-versed in the Mach-E. I guess that's understandable. But frustrating. Still, car seems pretty damn impressive. And, Mustang purists aside, I love the styling. I think this and the Macan are the two best-looking SUVs out there. But it's electric!
I’ve experienced PaaK problems several times too. Last time it was due to my Ford Pass App locking up so I deleted it and reinstalled it. Found out all data comes back except PaaK. Again in order to reinstall Paak on my phone I had to uninstall PaaK on all phones from the console in the car. In the process I called Ford and the guide was a good one who dug deep. He told me that he could see all the failures I had experienced and found a service bulletin and shared the codes so I could take it to my dealer for a software update. “
Codes: Bluetooth Low Energy Module codes 56 & 48
Dealer Needs to reconfigure the Remote Function Actuator. Bulletin SSM 49730”. I’m making an appointment.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach-e AWD extended range space white
21 Posts
I’ve experienced PaaK problems several times too. Last time it was due to my Ford Pass App locking up so I deleted it and reinstalled it. Found out all data comes back except PaaK. Again in order to reinstall Paak on my phone I had to uninstall PaaK on all phones from the console in the car. In the process I called Ford and the guide was a good one who dug deep. He told me that he could see all the failures I had experienced and found a service bulletin and shared the codes so I could take it to my dealer for a software update. “
Codes: Bluetooth Low Energy Module codes 56 & 48
Dealer Needs to reconfigure the Remote Function Actuator. Bulletin SSM 49730”. I’m making an appointment.
Thank you for clearing that up. With this information I can go to my dealer and tell them what they need to do, cuz they don't seem to be very well informed on this new Mustang

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found this on another forum. Apparently there is an software update the dealer can do address the issue with PAAK.
I just came back from rhe dealer. I had to show them the code. They did the update and seems to have fixed the issues. So far works great. Walk up tobthe car door opens no issue. Get in and starts right away.

Here is the info:
SSM 49730 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - April 9, 2021 - Phone As A Key Concerns Of Bluetooth Disconnected, UnableTo Start, Backup Code Needed And/Or Key Not Detected

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit phone as a key concerns of Bluetooth disconnected, unable to start, backup code needed and/or key not detected. This may be due to the software configuration in the remote function actuator module (RFA). To correct the condition, reprogram the RFA module using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 14G617 and M-time.

END SSM

·
Registered
45 Posts
I found this on another forum. Apparently there is an software update the dealer can do address the issue with PAAK.
I just came back from rhe dealer. I had to show them the code. They did the update and seems to have fixed the issues. So far works great. Walk up tobthe car door opens no issue. Get in and starts right away.

Here is the info:
SSM 49730 - 2021 Mustang Mach-E - April 9, 2021 - Phone As A Key Concerns Of Bluetooth Disconnected, UnableTo Start, Backup Code Needed And/Or Key Not Detected

Some 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit phone as a key concerns of Bluetooth disconnected, unable to start, backup code needed and/or key not detected. This may be due to the software configuration in the remote function actuator module (RFA). To correct the condition, reprogram the RFA module using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 14G617 and M-time.

END SSM
Thanks for sharing. Seems like Ford should be able to do the update over the air.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Seems like Ford should be able to do the update over the air.
The RFA is one of the modules that can be updated OTA, so there should be no need for a dealer visit.

Who knows, maybe they’re already pushing it, or will soon. This is why Ford needs to be more specific in what’s getting pushed to the vehicle. Just saying ‘squashing bugs’ is not helpful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts