Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have a problem with their Iphone over heating when charging on the wireless charging pad?
Yes IPhone models 12 or newer uses Mag Safe charging and does not work well with most wireless chargers as it causes overheating issues. My wife's 2022 MDX has the same issue. It warns you when you place it on the charging pad that a metal object is present and may cause overheating. Then it stops charging it. I just plug it in both cars and works just fine.

· Premium Member
2022 GT, Red-metallic
102 Posts
I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max and have a 3/16" holder for "ThinOptics" glued on the back cover. So, it sits up above the pad a bit. It still charges (usually :rolleyes:) and warm up a bit, but never gets hot.

· Registered
2021 Ford, Mach-E
14 Posts
Does anyone have a problem with their Iphone over heating when charging on the wireless charging pad?
ALL the time if I am using Apple CarPlay and a GPS App on the phone. In the middle of a navigation, the CarPlay disconnects and I look at the phone to see the HIGH Temp warning on the screen.

This defeats the purpose of having a charged phone that can be connected wirelessly to the SYNC system. I would hope that this is resolved in some OTA that has the Charging Pad able to charge and NOT overheat the phone at the same time. AND it may not be a charging pad issue. Not an engineer!

· Registered
2 Posts
It also happens with my Samsung Z Flip 4. I always use the USB cable, but if i lay the phone over the wireless charge, it will overheat. As stated, it typically happens with GPS running

1 - 7 of 7 Posts