Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to charge two different phones (IPhone 11 and 2 Pro) and it will start charging but within a few minutes it will stop!! I need to constantly keep moving my phone so it can start charging again for a few minutes until it stops again. Is pretty annoying. I’ve had cars previously with the option for wireless charging and never had this issue. Anyone has the same problem?

· Registered
1,792 Posts
I have tried to charge two different phones (IPhone 11 and 2 Pro) and it will start charging but within a few minutes it will stop!! I need to constantly keep moving my phone so it can start charging again for a few minutes until it stops again. Is pretty annoying. I’ve had cars previously with the option for wireless charging and never had this issue. Anyone has the same problem?
How can I tell if my phone has the capability of charging in that charge spot in the tray? Is it based off operating system.

· Registered
2021 Premium AWD 2021 Select AWD (sold)
23 Posts
Yes, I have the same problem with my iPhone 12 Pro. It seems to struggle to connect even without a case on it - like the wireless charger is underpowered or something. I use multiple wireless charges and no others have the issue.

· Registered
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended battery AWD
35 Posts
I find that my iPhone 12 Pro loses charge while on the wireless charger. I find that if I connect with a USB-C cable it seems to charge better. Hope there will be some update that will fix the charging capability of the wireless charger.

· Registered
3 Posts
Same issue. I had a 12 pro and now 13 pro. No difference with charging. It is either the charger or how it inferfaces with that phones wireless charging. I have seen others state other phone models/brands work. I’d really like this to work. Seems pointless, although not the end of the world to plug in to charge. I don’t believe it has anything to do with phone moving in tray. Even though it states it is charging for 20-30 min on a good day, there was no increase in charge and at time running hot. There is a flaw.

· Registered
122 Posts
Same issue. I had a 12 pro and now 13 pro. No difference with charging. It is either the charger or how it inferfaces with that phones wireless charging. I have seen others state other phone models/brands work. I’d really like this to work. Seems pointless, although not the end of the world to plug in to charge. I don’t believe it has anything to do with phone moving in tray. Even though it states it is charging for 20-30 min on a good day, there was no increase in charge and at time running hot. There is a flaw.
I have a iPhone 12Pro max with case and have no issues charging. Wireless charging is slow you arent going to see great jumps in battery charge, i just love i dont have to plug it in on long trips, it will stay charged and not lose any on the charge pad.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a iPhone 12Pro max with case and have no issues charging. Wireless charging is slow you arent going to see great jumps in battery charge, i just love i dont have to plug it in on long trips, it will stay charged and not lose any on the charge pad.
I wonder if there are bad QI chargers in some of the Mach e’s. Maybe a bad batch went out. There are so many post that they work or don’t. It’s worth seeing if it can be replaced I suppose. I’d like to find someone that has tried this.

· Registered
122 Posts
I wonder if there are bad QI chargers in some of the Mach e’s. Maybe a bad batch went out. There are so many post that they work or don’t. It’s worth seeing if it can be replaced I suppose. I’d like to find someone that has tried this.
If it doesnt show charging at all, that could be the case. I think there are so many different kinds of phones and cases and how it sits on the pad. Mine fits exactly in the space and doesnt move at all.

· Registered
3 Posts
If it doesnt show charging at all, that could be the case. I think there are so many different kids of phones and cases and how it sits on the pad. Mine fits exactly in the space and doesnt move at all.
Removed rubber mat and laid phone directly on charger. It will still disconnect and the time is may stay connected for anything length of time, it won’t gain any charge.. I have had iPhone 12 and 13 pro with same issue. My phone charges fine on home charger.

· Registered
122 Posts
Removed rubber mat and laid phone directly on charger. It will still disconnect and the time is may stay connected for anything length of time, it won’t gain any charge.. I have had iPhone 12 and 13 pro with same issue. My phone charges fine on home charger.
Disconnect as in from CarPlay, or stop charging? if it stops charging i would think that would be a faulty charge pad unless you have other phones to check it. wireless charging is never fast so wont see a big increase in charging especially if you have car play on and other apps working. It will just maintain what it has.

· Registered
2021 Ford, Mach-E
14 Posts
Every day, all the time. I nudge it too to have the icon show charing. HOWEVER I am not certain that it is NOT charging while sitting on the charging pad. Has anyone tested that it is NOT charging?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts