Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With an MSRP starting from $59,900 the Polestar 2 can be a great alternative the Mustang Mach-E.

Yea, one is a sedan the other an SUV/Crossover but if you can get past that, and other things that make the Polestar different, then it becomes a great option. Specs, features, options, packages and even performance (see the configurator) seem reasonable and i'm curious to know what everyone thinks.

Specs - Ford Mustang Mach-E vs Polestar 2
FORD MUSTANG MACH-EPOLESTAR 2
Battery75.5 kWh / 98.8 kWh78 kWh
Horsepower255 horsepower / 459 horsepower408 horsepower
Torque306 pound-feet / 459 pound-feet487 pound-feet
Range210 to 330 milles275 miles
Drive TypeRWD / AWDAWD
0 to 60 MPH3.5 to 6.5 seconds4.7 seconds
Top Speedn/an/a

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Mach-E GT torque figure is 612 lb/ft, not 459.
Those figures came from TopSpeed, they aren't the most accurate but still decent coverage of the Mustang Mach-E vs Polestar 2. Here are some other differences between both models that they pointed out:

Some people describe the Polestar 2 as a high-riding electric sedan. Others call it an electric crossover.
Regardless of what you call it, there's no denying that the Polestar 2 is one of the best electric cars on the market today.
Forget about its drop-dead gorgeous aesthetics in this space. The Polestar 2 masterfully blends design with performance in a way that the Ford Mustang Mach-E hopes to achieve. The Polestar 2 utilizes a 78-kWh battery, but it’s still the most potent among the electric crossovers in its segment. All told, the Polestar 2 produces 408 horsepower and 487 pound-feet of torque, good enough to sprint from 0 to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds to go with a range of 275 miles. The numbers are impressive, but it’s the way the Polestar 2 handles on the road that really makes the model stand out. It is one of the most poised electric crossovers you can get your hands on. It’s well-balanced to the point of predictability, yet there are moments where you can unleash it and feel the crossover’s motorsports roots with every corner and straight it conquers. Throw in the $6,600 “Performance Pack,” and you also get Brembo brakes, 20-inch alloy wheels, and a set of Öhlins suspension dampers that are tuned manually at each wheel, providing improved balance without losing any of its drive characteristics. I’m optimistic that the Ford Mustang Mach-E can match wits with the Polestar 2, particularly the Mach-E GT. The latter will have more power at its disposal so all that remains is for the ‘Stang EV crossover to perform as well, maybe even better, than the Polestar 2.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
702 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
124 Posts
My nearest Polestar dealer is 1,180 km away. This makes me reluctant to go for a test drive and I have soooo many questions about service

·
Registered
574 Posts
My nearest Polestar dealer is 1,180 km away. This makes me reluctant to go for a test drive and I have soooo many questions about service
As an American (and thus pathologically opposed to the metric system), I think 1160km is only around 6 miles so that isn't really too far. Or is it 60,000 miles? I know there's a 6 and a decimal point in there somewhere...

·
Registered
139 Posts
As an American (and thus pathologically opposed to the metric system), I think 1160km is only around 6 miles so that isn't really too far. Or is it 60,000 miles? I know there's a 6 and a decimal point in there somewhere...
1160km=720.79mi.
1180km=733.22mi.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Continued Tesla build quality issues might motivate more people to go with Polestar even with dealers further out. I rather make the odd long trip if it means only making trips to the dealer for service

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
A Detroit Free Press article mentions that Geely will leverage the Volvo service centers to support the Polestar.
How close is the nearest Volvo service center?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts