Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Do you plan on one-pedal driving your Mach-E?

• Yes

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.7%

Poll: Do you plan on one-pedal driving your Mach-E?

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  davidsteve1221 
#1 ·
I'm curious to see what everyone thinks about one-pedal driving.

When you get your Mach-E do you plan using it or do you plan driving like you would with an ICE vehicle? I know there's supposed to be a drive setting that enables one-pedal driving.

Personally I think it'll be tricky for me to get used to one-pedal driving, but that might not be the case for everyone else.

Please vote in the poll and share your thoughts below!

#8 ·

When you get your Mach-E do you plan using it or do you plan driving like you would with an ICE vehicle? I know there's supposed to be a drive setting that enables one-pedal driving.

Personally I think it'll be tricky for me to get used to one-pedal driving, but that might not be the case for everyone else.

Yes, I do, having already learned how on the KIA Niro EV and the Nissan Leaf on extended test drives that I have been offered. It's fairly easy once you get used to it...things like how to let up on the accelerator pedal slightly to get the car to slow itself down.

One BIG upside to learning how to use the single pedal driving is the regen system brakes the car -- not the actual car's brakes, so you will not have as much wear and tear on brakes. This for me is a very large reason to learn to ePedal my way around...

#12 ·
One BIG upside to learning how to use the single pedal driving is the regen system brakes the car -- not the actual car's brakes, so you will not have as much wear and tear on brakes. This for me is a very large reason to learn to ePedal my way around...
I once had a test drive with a BMW I3 which had one pedal driving (regenerative braking till full stop). I liked it a lot and during the whole test drive I never had to use the brake pedal. It will save you a lot on replacing brake pads etc. However, you will have to use the disk brakes once in a while, otherwise the disk brakes will rust too far and cause problems.
Unless the car has blended brakes, then it does not make any difference. Hybrids do. It's rumored the Mach-E does, although I'm not aware of a definite source.

#9 ·
I once had a test drive with a BMW I3 which had one pedal driving (regenerative braking till full stop). I liked it a lot and during the whole test drive I never had to use the brake pedal. It will save you a lot on replacing brake pads etc. However, you will have to use the disk brakes once in a while, otherwise the disk brakes will rust too far and cause problems.

#10 ·

What’s the best way to learn?? Trial and error?

#11 ·
It was t&e for me doing it for the first time. That said, it eventually becomes intuitive as you learn how to lightly let up on the accelerator and let the regen system slow the vehicle down. Think of a golf cart or a go-kart that only has one pedal and it just slows down...granted, you aren't on the highway in those, but in real traffic, I caught on fairly quickly when I did an overnight test drive on the KIA Niro EV two weekends ago. Try in a parking lot first...

#15 ·
In the e-Golf it‘s standard off, so when i start i flick the gearlever 3 times to the left and it’s on full regen. Near one pedal drive, occasionally i forget to do this, the first time you release the throttle and the car rolls further you set the regen to max. So you notice it direct...(wtf is happening...)

If i drive an ICE car i adjust very quick...

#16 ·
Learning on ICE vehicles, I was taught to drive alertly and defensively. to only minimally use my break pedal when coming to a full stop or emergencies. A practice that got easier when i got my first hybrid with regen braking in 2010. And I’m sure one-pedal driving will be an easy transition for me.

one pedal driving will hopefully bring to the driver’s attention that they are driving too close and fast if they need to frequently reach for their brake pedal. Better driving habits will result in less accidents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.