Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Mach-E GT Performance Edition

Votes: 15 51.7%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the announcement of the GT Performance Edition from Ford, I'm interested to see how many GT reservation holders will add the Performance Edition Package to their order.

Here's how both cars compare in terms of power and range. I guess it comes down to whether or not the extra torque is worth the 15 miles of less range.

Mach-E GT
  • 480 hp
  • 600 lb-ft torque
  • 0-60: 3.8 seconds
  • 250 miles range (eAWD)

Mach-E GT Performance Edition
  • 480 hp
  • 634 lb-ft torque
  • 0-60: 3.5 seconds
  • 235 miles range (eAWD)

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,127 Posts
With the announcement of the GT Performance Edition from Ford, I'm interested to see how many GT reservation holders will add the Performance Edition Package to their order.

Here's how both cars compare in terms of power and range. I guess it comes down to whether or not the extra torque is worth the 15 miles of less range.

Mach-E GT
  • 480 hp
  • 600 lb-ft torque
  • 250 miles range (eAWD)

• 480 hp
  • 634 lb-ft torque
  • 235 miles range (eAWD)
I know that I'm 'showing my age', however the only times that I can think of where Three Tenths of a second would even be noticeable would be in 'Waterboarding' or Hanging or Drag Racing. That's why I went with the 300 mile RWD Premium. Although I love the 'grill' with the lighted Pony.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Top trims always hold value better so I figure might as well get the GTPE. At least that's my justification LOL

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm basically comparing against Premium AWD. I am willing to sacrifice 20 mi range to reduce 0-60 by 1 second. But an additional 15 mi loss for a mere 0.3s is not justifiable. From an external appeal perspective, any GT with dark matter grey and the GT front grill will satisfy me.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,127 Posts
As long as I get cyber orange, I'm happy
I Love That Color! As a retired LEO with the exception of the Washington DC/Virginia areas and definitely the 'Jersey' Turnpike I would be 'safe'.🤐

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I love the wheels, the red brake calipers, and color options for the GT the interior trim but the ~5K premium over our Premium 4X and the longer wait makes it a really difficult choice to change the order.

If Ford stock continues to perform well we could have his/hers MMEs though. Now wouldn't that be tacky?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depends on the cost difference. I am not seeing much of a reason to go performance edition other than vanity. Not seeing much additional value, yet.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I love the wheels, the red brake calipers, and color options for the GT the interior trim but the ~5K premium over our Premium 4X and the longer wait makes it a really difficult choice to change the order.
For folks in New Jersey, switching from Premium AWD to GT means loosing an additional 5k EV rebate, so the overall price increase is 10k. If we add Active Drive Assist prep package, the difference gets even more wider.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Mach-E GT
  • 480 hp
  • 600 lb-ft torque
  • 250 miles range (eAWD)

• 480 hp
  • 634 lb-ft torque
  • 235 miles range (eAWD)
I want the Performance Edition for the Magneride suspension (my Focus RS does much better at the track when put into track mode), for what I hope will be 6-pot Brembos up front, and Mark Kaufman told me that "we're trying really, REALLY hard to get the weight down".

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
EVBite explains some of the cosmetic differences with the GT and GT Performance.

Also they're reporting that the GT order banks open in April.

• GT: 20″ cast-aluminum wheels with aero covers
  • GT Performance Edition: adds 20″ machined-face Ebony Black-painted wheels with Pirelli summer tires
  • Vehicle ride height lowered by nearly a half-inch (10 mm) for improved driving dynamics
  • GT and GT Performance Edition badging on rear liftgate with illuminated Pony emblem
  • Choice of body-color roof, panoramic glass roof or black-painted roof
  • Grabber Blue Metallic is an extra-cost color limited to GT and First Edition only; Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-Coat is an extra-cost color available only on GT

1 - 20 of 45 Posts