Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Do you like it that Ford has put the Mustang name on an electric crossover or not?

• Yes.

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • No. Just have the Mach E name.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No. Some other name.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's all marketing that created a global storm for discussions and memes.

The outrage with true Mustang enthusiasts helped fuel the free PR for Ford and now the Minivan/Crossover SUV crews can buy a "Mustang" and feel cool and relevant.

All this was then stolen by the Tesla Cybertrucks new found thunder and demo fail.

4D Chess kiddos.

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
38 Posts
1. My bet is Ford will sell a lot of MMEs; that's good for Ford and good for the brand to live into the future for all Mustang lovers.
2. Its the right of every parent to name their child; we are witnessing Ford's new baby Mustang in my eyes.
3. Bottom line, that pony emblem looks real nice on the MME and is guaranteed to turn a lot of heads in admiration.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
205 Posts
It didn't hurt that the Mustang logo is the same as the logo of my favourite football team

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,104 Posts
1. My bet is Ford will sell a lot of MMEs; that's good for Ford and good for the brand to live into the future for all Mustang lovers.
2. Its the right of every parent to name their child; we are witnessing Ford's new baby Mustang in my eyes.
3. Bottom line, that pony emblem looks real nice on the MME and is guaranteed to turn a lot of heads in admiration.
My first Mustang was a 1966 GT convertible; My second was a 1986 GT convertible.

Since then I have moved on to Porsche, Audis, Mercedes and BMW's with an Acura MDX, Toyota RAV4 and Ford Edge Sports thrown in.

I really wonder if the name Mustang resonates with people under 40/50 years of age.

My children are 42 and 38, my nephew, a car buff, is 44. He drives a Subaru WRX. The Mustang name is of no relevance to them.

I have never been to a Mustang get together: Does anyone have a guess as to the average age of a Mustang enthusiast?

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
205 Posts
My first Mustang was a 1966 GT convertible; My second was a 1986 GT convertible.

Since then I have moved on to Porsche, Audis, Mercedes and BMW's with an Acura MDX, Toyota RAV4 and Ford Edge Sports thrown in.

I really wonder if the name Mustang resonates with people under 40/50 years of age.

My children are 42 and 38, my nephew, a car buff, is 44. He drives a Subaru WRX. The Mustang name is of no relevance to them.

I have never been to a Mustang get together: Does anyone have a guess as to the average age of a Mustang enthusiast?
My exposure to Mustangs is all from the 1970s

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,104 Posts
My exposure to Mustangs is all from the 1970s

If the name "Mustang" only appeals to people our age, (I am past 3/4 of a century) that is not a good.

It will be no different than Cadillac whose buyers are dying off.

I wonder how many people on this Forum are under 60 years of age and if the name "Mustang" means anything to them.

When I went to the dealer to view the MME, all the other potential buyers were elderly. No one was under 50.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Didn't see the "don't care" option...

I'll say again, Ford has put the Mustang badge on some catastrophically embarrassing cars. Anyone else remember the 3rd gen econobox "Mustangs"?

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
If the name "Mustang" only appeals to people our age, (I am past 3/4 of a century) that is not a good.

It will be no different than Cadillac whose buyers are dying off.

I wonder how many people on this Forum are under 60 years of age and if the name "Mustang" means anything to them.

When I went to the dealer to view the MME, all the other potential buyers were elderly. No one was under 50.
I have seen a mix, but I don’t think the younger crowd was there for the Mustang name, but rather checking out the new electric CUV that happens to have a cool-sounding name.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts