Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the worst dealership experience I have ever had. And I have bought a lot of cars throughout my life. i went there because I was told by the representative they have a Mach e grabber blue to look at In person. Cant get in it or drive it because it was sold to the VP of autonation. my wife and I were excited to see it in person after having our order in for a while. As soon as we got there we were treated poorly. the guy being extremely rude and refusing to show us to the car. He asked who we were dealing with and we forgot the name but knew her to be a female. He told us ” we don’t have very many girls that work here” i am thinking nice going telling my wife that. After more hostility I went over to the manager to inquire and ask why was the salesman so rude. He continued to argue with me and as we were walking out the door he called me an a$& hole. Wow. Funny thing is the door we walked out of had the grabber blue right Mach e Right outside. Unfortunately by that time my wife was too mad and hated the car. I was thinking wow, this is happening before I give the. A check for over 60k. so we are canceling our order and will be letting others know. No matter how good the product is, service matters.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just got back from the worst dealership experience I have ever had. And I have bought a lot of cars throughout my life. i went there because I was told by the representative they have a Mach e grabber blue to look at In person. Cant get in it or drive it because it was sold to the VP of autonation. my wife and I were excited to see it in person after having our order in for a while. As soon as we got there we were treated poorly. the guy being extremely rude and refusing to show us to the car. He asked who we were dealing with and we forgot the name but knew her to be a female. He told us ” we don’t have very many girls that work here” i am thinking nice going telling my wife that. After more hostility I went over to the manager to inquire and ask why was the salesman so rude. He continued to argue with me and as we were walking out the door he called me an a$& hole. Wow. Funny thing is the door we walked out of had the grabber blue right Mach e Right outside. Unfortunately by that time my wife was too mad and hated the car. I was thinking wow, this is happening before I give the. A check for over 60k. so we are canceling our order and will be letting others know. No matter how good the product is, service matters.
It's time to find another dealership that values their customers and not blame it on Ford or the car. I would file a complaint with Ford Experience and let them handle it, this could be a pattern for the dealership or just a bad salesman and they could lose their franchise if this is how they do business. Either way, the General Manager should be notified what happened. Look up his email and send him an email if you don't want to call. I am finding my local dealership staff work pretty closely together.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
165 Posts
It's time to find another dealership that values their customers and not blame it on Ford or the car. I would file a complaint with Ford Experience and let them handle it, this could be a pattern for the dealership or just a bad salesman and they could lose their franchise if this is how they do business. Either way, the General Manager should be notified what happened. Look up his email and send him an email if you don't want to call. I am finding my local dealership staff work pretty closely together.
I agree. Don't let one bad salesman and manager at this dealership ruin your original plan to buy the MME FE. Request Ford switch the reservation to another dealership and then enjoy your original decision.

I have had a great dealership experience and am looking forward to taking delivery of our MME FE in Grabber Blue in the next month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree except it is the dealership close to my house. When, and every car has them, I have an issue i can expect that kind of treatment. the manager was there and heard everything. Never apologized even after we were outside taking the time to look around The car.
Ford Ford
should definitely know , I just don’t know who to call.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I agree except it is the dealership close to my house. When, and every car has them, I have an issue i can expect that kind of treatment. the manager was there and heard everything. Never apologized even after we were outside taking the time to look around The car. Ford Ford
should definitely know , I just don’t know who to call.
I have not heard good things about AutoNation. They like to charge extra fees too. What city/State are you in?

·
Registered
135 Posts
90 MPGe rating. I am at 102.3 driving my 2013 energi????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Call Ford
Call Customer Care on +1-800-392-3673
So I called the number and she was nice, but couldn’t help. She gave me another number to use that would have authorization to help. Like switch dealers etc. number is 800-334-4375. They are mon-fri 8 to 5.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Customer service is EVERYTHING. Do not give these people your money. There are far more deserving parties. I, too have had awful dealership experiences so I can relate to yours. I hope you find someone somewhere that will give you the respect you are due.

·
Super Moderator
2,997 Posts
90 MPGe rating. I am at 102.3 driving my 2013 energi????
the small electric motor in the energi requires much less amperage than the MMe AWD dual motors do. You also have nowhere near the performance.

If you continue to drive efficiently with the MMe, you should meet or exceed the 90 mpge.

·
Registered
Mustang Mach-E PREMIUM Extended Range Battery - AWD - Infinite Blue Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
16 Posts
Yelp is your friend and their enemy in this case.

Reactions: Coffee jeff

·
Registered
65 Posts
Valencia California.
I'm down here in North Hollywood. If you venture this way for a dealership stay away from Sunrise in NoHo. I've had some bad experiences with them as well, so bad I had to call Ford and file a complaint. Used to be a customer of theirs years ago but things have gone south there. I use Star Ford in Glendale and they have been great.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Follow up to calling Ford. They were not able to help and cannot switch dealers or refund deposit. Once you pick a dealer and give them money you are at their mercy. They can hold your money indefinitely and charge what they feel. My only recourse now is small claims court, which I will likely prevail but oh what a hassle. If you are reading this and are considering placing an order, be aware you are at risk and Ford will be “unable” to assist. I for one will never buy or recommend a Ford product. Other companies such as VW or Tesla do not have this problem or policy. And for your sanity, stay away from Autonation Ford in Valencia. Much love and good luck to you all.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Follow up to calling Ford. They were not able to help and cannot switch dealers or refund deposit. Once you pick a dealer and give them money you are at their mercy. They can hold your money indefinitely and charge what they feel. My only recourse now is small claims court, which I will likely prevail but oh what a hassle. If you are reading this and are considering placing an order, be aware you are at risk and Ford will be “unable” to assist. I for one will never buy or recommend a Ford product. Other companies such as VW or Tesla do not have this problem or policy. And for your sanity, stay away from Autonation Ford in Valencia. Much love and good luck to you all.
Not sure why Ford customer service is not willing to help you further.

I would suggest you write a letter to the dealer, addressed to the President or owner. In a polite and professional manner giving them the option to make the situation right. I would really avoid making it confrontational as dealing with small claims court is a waste of your time and emotional energy.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,625 Posts
He told us ” we don’t have very many girls that work here” i am thinking nice going telling my wife that.
Your wife should have said "I'm happy there aren't many 'girls' how many women do you employ"?:mad:

·
Registered
165 Posts
He told us ” we don’t have very many girls that work here” i am thinking nice going telling my wife that.
Your wife should have said "I'm happy there aren't many 'girls' how many women do you employ"?:mad:
Considering it is 2021 and yet there is still male chauvinism. That dealership should be warned by Ford to clean up their act or lose their franchise.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too picked up my Mach E on Sunday the 13th and also had the worst dealer experience ever. I think Ford would well served if followed the Tesla model and pushed direct sales to the public.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts