Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had Power Train Malfunction/ Reduced power, High Voltage Battery Warnings come up and my power meter on my dash was 2/3 grayed out. I haven't seen the exact symptoms anywhere else on the forum specifically the power meter being grayed out but I think some of that may be to being on the new software 2.8.3.

I was able to continue driving and didn't test how much power I actually had and drove directly to the dealer where it sits now waiting for a diagnosis.

A little history:

I have had intermittent errors for 12V system and 12V system drain but have always gone away and never caused any noticeable drivability issues and haven't happened for several months

About 3 weeks ago I started the car and had a powertrain malfunction warning come on so I scheduled an appointment at Ford for service that finally happened about a week ago. They had the car for 2 days and told me it was related to the recall, their documentation says all they did was update the software to 2.8.3 and sent me on my way.

Yesterday while driving on the freeway with bluecruise I got the powertrain warnings. I did notice about 30 seconds before that I had 3 or 4 gray bars on the power meter which seemed weird since I was cruising at 71 and the outside temp was in the mid 70's

·
Official Representative
122 Posts
Yesterday I had Power Train Malfunction/ Reduced power, High Voltage Battery Warnings come up and my power meter on my dash was 2/3 grayed out. I haven't seen the exact symptoms anywhere else on the forum specifically the power meter being grayed out but I think some of that may be to being on the new software 2.8.3.

I was able to continue driving and didn't test how much power I actually had and drove directly to the dealer where it sits now waiting for a diagnosis.
View attachment 8352

View attachment 8351

A little history:

I have had intermittent errors for 12V system and 12V system drain but have always gone away and never caused any noticeable drivability issues and haven't happened for several months

About 3 weeks ago I started the car and had a powertrain malfunction warning come on so I scheduled an appointment at Ford for service that finally happened about a week ago. They had the car for 2 days and told me it was related to the recall, their documentation says all they did was update the software to 2.8.3 and sent me on my way.

Yesterday while driving on the freeway with bluecruise I got the powertrain warnings. I did notice about 30 seconds before that I had 3 or 4 gray bars on the power meter which seemed weird since I was cruising at 71 and the outside temp was in the mid 70's
Hi there! I can look into your Mach-E’s error message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

·
Registered
273 Posts
This may not be helpful, but a few months ago I was backing out of my driveway and inadvertently shifted it into Park (meant to go to neutral). I got he same error, but it went away after 24 hours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This may not be helpful, but a few months ago I was backing out of my driveway and inadvertently shifted it into Park (meant to go to neutral). I got he same error, but it went away after 24 hours.
I'm thinking that is unlikely to be my issue since my warnings came up while traveling at constant speed on the freeway and not shifting but I appreciate the response.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
118 Posts
If you are driving a GT seems quite possible it is the HVBJB issue given almost all US Mach-Es have the faulty part. Since your message was Service Vehicle Soon, that suggests maybe(?) you had the recall patch installed and it kept the failure from being sudden and dramatic. To learn more about HVBJB, search for it on the Mach E Forum dot com group. There's a wealth of curated information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are driving a GT seems quite possible it is the HVBJB issue given almost all US Mach-Es have the faulty part. Since your message was Service Vehicle Soon, that suggests maybe(?) you had the recall patch installed and it kept the failure from being sudden and dramatic. To learn more about HVBJB, search for it on the Mach E Forum dot com group. There's a wealth of curated information.
HVBJB is probably a best case scenario for me, I've done a reasonable amount of reading up on the subject. I think most of the confusion surrounding the subject is due to the messaging and symptoms changing as software is updated.

The other thing that is makes me skeptical of a HVBJB is that it happened at relatively low load and temperature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well it looks like I am part of the Powertrain/low voltage club! 🥹 I just dropped the vehicle at our Ford dealership who told me that I would most likely have to wait a week or more for them to look at it because they are so busy! They added I did not have a service appointment 😒. So now I am
minus my vehicle for an indeterminate length of time!
I seriously wish we could do minus the Dealers and work straight with FORD!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it looks like I am part of the Powertrain/low voltage club! 🥹 I just dropped the vehicle at our Ford dealership who told me that I would most likely have to wait a week or more for them to look at it because they are so busy! They added I did not have a service appointment 😒. So now I am
minus my vehicle for an indeterminate length of time!
I seriously wish we could do minus the Dealers and work straight with FORD!
That sucks, I specifically went with ford for an EV because they had existing service infrastructure but it sounds like each dealership only has one or two techs that work on EV's which slows the process.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just got a message from my service advisor that they think it's the HVBJB, no word on repair time yet though.
That sucks, I specifically went with ford for an EV because they had existing service infrastructure but it sounds like each dealership only has one or two techs that work on EV's which slows the process.
contact Ford customer support, at a minimum they will arrange for you to get a loaner car-I found them to be very helpful in this type of situation

1 - 12 of 12 Posts