Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused why my MME full charge is never over 197 miles. Does anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I am confused why my MME full charge is never over 197 miles. Does anyone else experience this?
don't know how long you've had the car but first thing on delivery is to reset the driving history. Next, it's all based on your driving and driving style. So if it's all high speed driving it'll certainly be lower than if all your driving is around town. My standard range RWD on 100% charge gives a range on the meter of 270 miles. Also remember that the range indicated on your car is an estimate only, based on driving history. That's why everyone calls it a GOM (guess o meter)

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,580 Posts
Look at the Trip 1 or Trip 2 to determine how many miles per kWh your driving style is giving you. Multiply the miles per by 68 (your battery capacity) that's your actual average range. On This Trip it's your range for the trip that your currently driving.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Since one of the last updates my premium RWD extended battery doesn't go over 300 when it used to be around 320 and I haven't changed anything with how I drive or the weather. I've reset driving history several times and even tried other driving modes but I can't do better than around 286. It makes me mad because I spent $5000 for the extra range and gave up the First edition and people with those cars are seeing 300+ on a regular basis. Dealership doesn't know anything and keeps saying a software update is "coming".

My KWh on my trip 1 are 3.5 so 88 x 3.5 should be 308 :(

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,580 Posts
Since one of the last updates my premium RWD extended battery doesn't go over 300 when it used to be around 320 and I haven't changed anything with how I drive or the weather. I've reset driving history several times and even tried other driving modes but I can't do better than around 286. It makes me mad because I spent $5000 for the extra range and gave up the First edition and people with those cars are seeing 300+ on a regular basis. Dealership doesn't know anything and keeps saying a software update is "coming".

Is the 286 on the GoM? If you're averaging 3.5 you're over the EPA 300 number and 320 would be around 3.6 miles per kWh. My average for the 5000 cumulative miles is 3.1 due to local speeds and terrain. However, the past month has been local driving mostly on streets with some highway and I'm averaging 4.4 miles per. My GoM has never displayed more than 294 and usually it displays 270 ish. so I ignore it.
PS Mine is a RWD/ER

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is the 286 on the GoM? If you're averaging 3.5 you're over the EPA 300 number and 320 would be around 3.6 miles per kWh. My average for the 5000 cumulative miles is 3.1 due to local speeds and terrain. However, the past month has been local driving mostly on streets with some highway and I'm averaging 4.4 miles per. My GoM has never displayed more than 294 and usually it displays 270 ish. so I ignore it.
PS Mine is a RWD/ER
Yes, I got the car February 8th and have 4995 total miles so I don't drive much and it's mostly around town with occasional short freeway trips. My overall kWh is 3.5 but the range showing on the car is never higher than around 280. A few months ago it was around 320 and my driving habits, the weather and the places I go have not changed but after one of the updates it showed less range than usual and I haven't been able to get it back.

·
Registered
370 Posts

Put a piece of tape over the Guess O Meter and just use the % battery charge. Then stop drag racing everyone from stop lights! Just kidding. 😀 After FP 3.28 my PAAK started acting up so I reinstalled FP and PAAK. I had to reset something in the new install but I don't think it was the driving history. My GOM went down so I am ignoring it. PAAK works good again. I am at 3.7 m/kWh lifetime. I was at 305 after charging before PAAK reset and it went to 270 after the PAAK redo. I am going to just ignore the instrument reading since I know my mi/kwh are good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
don't know how long you've had the car but first thing on delivery is to reset the driving history. Next, it's all based on your driving and driving style. So if it's all high speed driving it'll certainly be lower than if all your driving is around town. My standard range RWD on 100% charge gives a range on the meter of 270 miles. Also remember that the range indicated on your car is an estimate only, based on driving history. That's why everyone calls it a GOM (guess o meter)
My RWD CA Rt 1, Ext Range gives 310 on 100% charge, I will reset it and see what I get. I should be getting 330-340 miles at least.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My RWD CA Rt 1, Ext Range gives 310 on 100% charge, I will reset it and see what I get. I should be getting 330-340 miles at least.
the other thing to do. write down your actually mileage at 100% charge, then go to 50% or similar and write down your mileage. As others say the gauge is at best an estimation of range.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I, also, have a Premium AWD Standard Range. I got it in late February and it took a few weeks of driving to start bumping up my estimated range. My area is mildly hilly and has moderate temps. By summer, the warm weather started to factor in regularly above 200 miles at full charge. I can have a lead foot (hard to resist sometimes). My best ever was 245 estimate at full in 70-degree weather.

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
298 Posts
I have Premium AWD, extended range. Early this morning I drove down to Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week. Before I left I snapped a pic of the GOM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For my Bolt that I have had since 2017, mileage is heavily dependent on driving habits, terrain, and temperature. Your breaking habits will also have an effect due to regen. During the summer I average 230, during the winter I average 190. Of all the things I do not like about the Bolt (it's not a comfortable car), I do like that it gave me enough information to train me on how to drive an EV efficiently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts