Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
My Premium AWD ER went from Aug 2 to Oct 31 to Aug 24 to Sep 4. All changes within July. Ain't no telling when it's going to be delivered.

Registered
Just got a production date for my Extended Range Premium of September 19th. I ordered my car in April. What disaster, I probably won鈥檛 see my car for 75+ days and who knows if it will be built without chips.

I still don鈥檛 have any email from Ford, I logged into the portal and saw the production date.

Not one call or email explaining anything about what鈥檚 going on. NOTHING!! I鈥檓 so mad, I would have ordered a GT in April if I wanted to wait until October for a car. Now I鈥檓 waiting 7+ months and I鈥檓 getting the premium which wasn鈥檛 my first choice because I was hoping to have a new car for the summer.

Registered
2021 Mach-e Premium Rapid Red EX-4
So the chip shortage appears to affect the MachE GT with 6-8 delays. My ETA just changed from 8/2 to 10/25-10/30.
It鈥檚 gonna be a Loooooong Wait!!!
If I was a betting man I would bet you get the car closer to 8/2. It appears Ford sends those delay messages (I got one and my car actually was originally scheduled for 8/3/21 then got a email it was pushed back to 8/19/21 and the car actually arrived at the dealer on 7/26/21). I heard others that got the delay email actually got their cars earlier than the original date as well.

Registered
Just got a production date for my Extended Range Premium of September 19th. I ordered my car in April. What disaster, I probably won鈥檛 see my car for 75+ days and who knows if it will be built without chips.

I still don鈥檛 have any email from Ford, I logged into the portal and saw the production date.

Not one call or email explaining anything about what鈥檚 going on. NOTHING!! I鈥檓 so mad, I would have ordered a GT in April if I wanted to wait until October for a car. Now I鈥檓 waiting 7+ months and I鈥檓 getting the premium which wasn鈥檛 my first choice because I was hoping to have a new car for the summer.
April 2 order for 4x ext. today received sept 12 week production notice. No email from ford or dealer yet

Registered
What I was told by my dealer is Ford is not going to tolerate extended delays for the Mach E GTs since it is a new and important car and they don't want the initial release to be a "flop".

Registered
My GT went into production July 13, nothing changed since. It still shows estimated ETA to dealer September 3, which I don't believe is possible.

Registered
My GT went into production July 13, nothing changed since. It still shows estimated ETA to dealer September 3, which I don't believe is possible.
My GT went into production July 21 and has an ETA of Aug 25. Where are you located? I am in Indiana. Does not make sense that yours was built before mine, but the ETA is later? Nothing about the whole process has made much sense. Is your status still 鈥渋n production鈥?

Registered
My GT went into production July 21 and has an ETA of Aug 25. Where are you located? I am in Indiana. Does not make sense that yours was built before mine, but the ETA is later? Nothing about the whole process has made much sense. Is your status still 鈥渋n production鈥?
I am in California.
Mine is still showing "in production".
Is yours showing "Built"?

Registered
What I was told by my dealer is Ford is not going to tolerate extended delays for the Mach E GTs since it is a new and important car and they don't want the initial release to be a "flop".
:) That sounds exactly like something a car dealer would say to a customer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:) That sounds exactly like something a car dealer would say to a customer.
Exactly. Ford has no control over what they can tolerate or not when it comes to chip shortage. Whatever they get they鈥檙e thankful for.

Registered
Exactly. Ford has no control over what they can tolerate or not when it comes to chip shortage. Whatever they get they鈥檙e thankful for.
Just confirmed with dealer after asking for VVR.
"Micro Chip At Plant On Hold"

Registered
lo and behold.
Just moved to built, after the delays.
seems like they got the IC components.

Registered
2021 Mach-e Premium Rapid Red EX-4
Fast turn around from when your order was confirmed. My delivery to PA was about 40 days from shipment

Registered
Fast turn around from when your order was confirmed. My delivery to PA was about 40 days from shipment
Just an update.

My GT has been shipped. On its way to my dealer, and just this morning I received the email from FORD to tell me ...

"We'd like you to know that while we're working nonstop to deliver your very own Mustang Mach-E vehicle, we project your vehicle delivery will be delayed by a minimum of six weeks. "

AFTER it was shipped.... :unsure:

and then:

"In appreciation of your patience and loyalty, we're providing you an additional 250 kWh of complimentary charging on the Blue Oval鈩 Charge Network.*"

Better late than never?

Cheers.

Registered
Wow! I ordered my GT in April, got an August 23 production date, and got the "delay" email this week. :(

Registered
Just an update.

My GT has been shipped. On its way to my dealer, and just this morning I received the email from FORD to tell me ...

"We'd like you to know that while we're working nonstop to deliver your very own Mustang Mach-E vehicle, we project your vehicle delivery will be delayed by a minimum of six weeks. "

AFTER it was shipped.... :unsure:

and then:

"In appreciation of your patience and loyalty, we're providing you an additional 250 kWh of complimentary charging on the Blue Oval鈩 Charge Network.*"

Better late than never?

Cheers.
What was your order date and production date?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts