Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Select MMe with eAWD and Comfort & Tech package in Rapid Red
17 Posts
Nah nothing with DMV. A company out in Canada called adhesive replicas made it for me. Took 3 weeks and I’m quite happy with it.
Does that meet DMV regulations for a front plate in Texas? lived in Austin, and the cops in neighboring Johnson County were notorious for nit-picking small details. The running joke, in fact, was that you were pulled over for having only three screws in your front plate. (I didn't say it was a good joke!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
They make all the different plates. Go to https://adhesivereplica.com/gallery. California state law says front license plate is required and "should" be the plate issued by DMV. I haven't had a front license plate on my car in 30 years in California and have never been ticketed. I asked a CHP friend and he said, "we only issue those if you piss us off". Guess I have been nice enough. I'm going to order one in the motorcycle size and carry it in my glove box.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does that meet DMV regulations for a front plate in Texas? lived in Austin, and the cops in neighboring Johnson County were notorious for nit-picking small details. The running joke, in fact, was that you were pulled over for having only three screws in your front plate. (I didn't say it was a good joke!)
Probably not but I see people are here run Euro plates and no front plates and figured, “hey, some plate is better than no plate”

haven’t been pulled over for no front plate yet but we’ll see.

·
Registered
2022 Select MMe with eAWD and Comfort & Tech package in Rapid Red
17 Posts
Probably not but I see people are here run Euro plates and no front plates and figured, “hey, some plate is better than no plate”

haven’t been pulled over for no front plate yet but we’ll see.
Nice! Good luck! I'm guessing that if you're confident enough, you could talk your way out of a ticket. Covid shortages. . . blah blah . . . front tag holder not available . . . blah blah . . .

I'm betting most police officers don't know Title 43, Part 10, Chapter 217, Subchapter B of TAC Rule §217.27 which says:

"(c) Each vehicle registered under this subchapter must display license plates:
(1) assigned by the department for the period; or
(2) validated by a registration insignia issued by the department for a registration period consisting of 12 consecutive months at the time of application for registration."

Fun fact - while looking up that reference, I found that you can be ticketed under the same statute if any part of the word "Texas" is covered or obscured, which would have been the most Texas law I've ever heard of if it had also said something about shooting license plates. 🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts