Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What car do you replace with the Mach E? Are you already an EV driver or a Ford person or ...?

I myself had once a Ford (grand c-max) what was a good family car for us. but that car is long gone and atm we drive a Hyundai Ioniq electric what is to small for us. So the Mach E will not be our first EV and not our first Ford. The family car of my childhood was a Ford Sierra. So I have a soft spot for Ford. I live in Switzerland where large cars like the Model X are not handy in the cities. The Mach E has the perfect size for Europe.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good to hear some love for Ford in Europe! Including my parent's hand me down car when I was 19 (1978 Granada), I've had 5 Ford's (3 mustangs), and I plan to keep my current one (2015 convertible) when I get my Mach E.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've had one Honda and two Ford cars so far. MME would be the largest and most expensive car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear some love for Ford in Europe! Including my parent's hand me down car when I was 19 (1978 Granada), I've had 5 Ford's (3 mustangs), and I plan to keep my current one (2015 convertible) when I get my Mach E.
US cars in general have not the best reputation in europe. GM for example was only for a couple of years present with its brands and have given up a couple years ago. Chrysler/Dodge is also gone since the Fiat merge. Ford is the big difference, Ford is produced in Germany forever and it is more seen as a german brand with german quality. mostly Ford also did sell different cars in Europe than in the US. my first car for example was a Ford Fiesta, a car only build in Germany.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only Fords I've ever owned were pickups: a previous '11 F150, and our current '18 F150. The Mach-E will replace a '14 BMW X1 which has been a great, fun to drive car these past 6 years. The first gen X1's are pretty small though, and my 12 year old son is about to outgrow the small backseat. The Mach-E will be a little wider, a little taller, and noticeably longer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a 1998 Ford Explorer (hand me down from my parents, I loved that car until it kept trying to kill me). And currently have a 2013 Ford C-Max.

·
Registered
231 Posts
We have 2 Ford Escapes now. When we get the Mach-e, one of them will hand down to a family member.

Definitely want to keep an ICE for road trips. Only planning to charge the Mach-e at home.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a Ford "Tempo" many years ago and a van "Windstar". The Mach-E will replace my MB GLA 2015. I have a smart full electric 2019 at home for work and shoping all around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I currently drive a 2011 Ford Edge Sport, which I adore. I do hope the upgraded Ford Sync system is less buggy, and that the premium AWD standard range version of the Mach-E has similar or better acceleration.
Specs say yea, but I have a feeling there are gaps in true specs due to last minute changes and testing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Never had a Ford. Always Japanese/Korean cars : Honda, Subaru , Hyundai, Mitsubishi. Mostly because they give bang for the buck. Currently a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

Cars are very expensive in the Netherlands, because of extra tax added for cars with high co2 output. Ford bestsellers here are Fiesta and Focus.

The Mustang Ecoboost costs € 75.000 , the Bullit costs € 123.000 over here, of witch nearly € 80.000 is tax. We are not (by the government )allowed to drive fun cars.

·
Registered
MME Premium 4X Rapid Red
64 Posts
I currently drive a 2016 Escape, which the MME will replace and be handed over to my daughter. My wife drives a 2019 Fusion Energy, and LOVES the car - it is perfect for her with a 5 mile commute to work and driving around town. All my previous cars have been Fords - my father was a Ford retiree.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replace my 2016 Ford Edge Sport.
I'm very happy with this car but I think is time for change.
Hope I make right decision!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Replacing a 2014 VW Passat (if I can get rid of it for a decent penny). I only got that bc my 2015 KIA Optima SXL was totaled by being rear-ended, so I hate it. I’ve been pondering EVs and want to make one my next vehicle — having test-driven a Nissan Leaf (bad styling, for me), a Tesla Model 3 (too expensive at the time), and a KIA Niro EV (even worse styling, again, for me), the sudden research upon seeing a Mach-E in person last weekend thrust it to the top of my list. We’ll see what happens as information comes out thru the year...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm driving a BMW E61 530D on the moment. With a bit experience, almost 400.000km :). Still a very nice and comfortable car with 3 young kids (7, 5 and almost 2).

When I was young my parents drove a Ford Sierra, Scorpio and Mondeo (also in that order).

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
I Have 2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium. I’m not sure if i will sell it right away. I’m thinking i will keep it for a while as i get used to EV life.

The way i drive, the FFH goes 575 to 600 miles on a 14 gal tank (42-43mpg) so i only get fuel once or twice a month (925-965Km range, 52 liter tank, 5.6-5.47 Lt/100km)

EV with less range will be an adjustment.

This pic is my Platinum white metallic tri-coat FFH, it’s similar to the star white.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts