Full list of differences
  • Color matched wheel arches
  • Color matched mirror caps
  • First Edition kick plates
  • Red painted brake calibers front and back,
  • Metal pedal covers
  • Contrast stitching on the seats
  • Delivery probably in 2020
Definitely not worth the $3600 difference in my opinion. But I was committed to FE from the beginning, Premium was never even an option. For me I look at it as I just saved $1000.
The primary reason I committed to the First Edition was that I thought it might be a "collectable". Having the first MachE was never important.

From what I have learned since November of 2019, that is in error. I have since realized, for example early editions of the Model S and all other BEV, with new models having longer range and faster charging times coming on the market the older models have depreciated in value.

None have become a "collectable".

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The primary reason I committed to the First Edition was that I thought it might be a "collectable". Having the first MachE was never important.

From what I have learned since November of 2019, that is in error. I have since realized, for example early editions of the Model S and all other BEV, with new models having longer range and faster charging times coming on the market the older models have depreciated in value.

None have become a "collectable".

I get that, that was part of my original reasoning but as 2020 went on it became not as big as getting the tax break this year because of consulting work I hadn't been taxed on yet. So for me, delivery this year is a higher priority to reduce that tax burden. That being said, a Mach-E was always going to be my next car and I get a lot of grief from the misses because I always have to have the "All-In" bundle on whatever I get.

·
Super Moderator
1,220 Posts
Full list of differences
  • Color matched wheel arches
  • Color matched mirror caps
  • First Edition kick plates
  • Red painted brake calibers front and back,
  • Metal pedal covers
  • Contrast stitching on the seats
  • Delivery probably in 2020
Definitely not worth the $3600 difference in my opinion. But I was committed to FE from the beginning, Premium was never even an option. For me I look at it as I just saved $1000.
Also, diamond-plate appliqués on the dash.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
720 Posts
Does the FE ship sooner?
To the best of my knowledge, and what I have read, the FE will be first followed by the AWD LR Premium, then the SR.

The difference in time between the FE and Premium LR AWD should be about 60 days possibly less.

I am not in any rush: My wife and I already have two cars, the leases on which end in the Fall of 2021, so the FE for me is a third car.

·
Super Moderator
1,220 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, and what I have read, the FE will be first followed by the AWD LR Premium, then the SR.

The difference in time between the FE and Premium LR AWD should be about 60 days possibly less.

I am not in any rush: My wife and I already have two cars, the leases on which end in the Fall of 2021, so the FE for me is a third car.

Taking into consideration the $3,000 price drop on the Premium, I’m going to change my paint from infinite blue to Carbonized Gray.
In NJ, the $400 paint option disqualifies me for the $5,000 rebate (MSRP will exceed 55k)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Taking into consideration the $3,000 price drop on the Premium, I’m going to change my paint from infinite blue to Carbonized Gray.
In NJ, the $400 paint option disqualifies me for the $5,000 rebate (MSRP will exceed 55k)
I really wish Michigan had an incentive like that. Or hell any incentive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lots of discussion of new prices (final MSRP including destination fee), but has anyone seen any information from dealers about doc fees or other fees they might require?

·
Super Moderator
1,220 Posts
Lots of discussion of new prices (final MSRP including destination fee), but has anyone seen any information from dealers about doc fees or other fees they might require?
Interestingly, the new online order system is supposed to have that all included. All you are supposed to do at the dealership is inspect, sign, and drive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Under X Plan, dealer is limited by Ford to extra fees that can be charged. Join MC of A to get access to X Plan. $25 cost for year.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
997 Posts
IIRC, NJ rebate rules consider paint color to be an option, not part of the MSRP. You might check the details first.

·
Registered
61 Posts
IIRC, NJ rebate rules consider paint color to be an option, not part of the MSRP. You might check the details first.
FYI

Part Three: Vehicle Eligibility Pursuant to P.L.2019, c.362, an eligible vehicle for the Charge Up New Jersey program is defined as:
• A new light-duty plug-in electric vehicle
• With a final MSRP* below $55,000;
• Purchased or leased in the State of New Jersey on or after January 17, 2020; and
• Registered in New Jersey.
* The MSRP cap of $55,000 refers to the final MSRP of the vehicle, which is set by the manufacturer, and is intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full. The manufacturer’s MSRP typically includes the costs associated with the trim level of the vehicle with all color options, wheel upgrades, drive train or battery upgrades, and other packages, such as entertainment system upgrades. Costs not generally included in the MSRP are: destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc. The Board reserves the right to seek all available legal remedies if manufacturers adopt separate MSRPs for New Jersey that differ from the MSRP associated with the same car in other states or otherwise attempt to circumvent the statutory language.

(Quoted from NJ official PDF)

·
Registered
585 Posts
They explicitly call out paint colors as contributing to the MSRP for purposes of the rebate calculation. So yes, one has to get the free paint colors with an ER AWD premium in order to qualify for the $5000 rebate.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
They explicitly call out paint colors as contributing to the MSRP for purposes of the rebate calculation. So yes, one has to get the free paint colors with an ER AWD premium in order to qualify for the $5000 rebate.
I've been pondering the paint color dilemma and I've come to the conclusion that if Nevada was giving me $5000 I'm certain that I would develop a case of instantaneous disambiguation.😎

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
720 Posts
I've been pondering the paint color dilemma and I've come to the conclusion that if Nevada was giving me $5000 I'm certain that I would develop a case of instantaneous disambiguation.😎
When dealing with the government always assume the worst: Do not know what Nevada says, but as they say "do not look a gift horse in the mouth" - we only get $2,000 in New York vs. 5,000 in NJ and it must be below $60,000 - destination charges do not count. Over $60,000 the rebate drops to $500.

If the MSRP includes the cost of color that brings you over the threshold, CHANGE THE COLOR!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
997 Posts
Too bad.

·
Super Moderator
1,220 Posts
I saw the 8”x10” color samples of both the Infinite Blue and the Carbonized Gray at my dealership. While I liked the Infinite Blue more, its kind of unique...I didn’t like it $5,400 more than the Carbonized Gray! 😝

On a serious note: seeing the large 8”x10” color samples is worth the trip. Its the paint applied to the back of clear film. It changes color in the sun and everything. Really cool.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts