Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I ordered 6/12 and my product date has moved 4 times. It now says 11/22. How long from production date did it take to be built then to be delivered?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi everyone,
I ordered 6/12 and my product date has moved 4 times. It now says 11/22. How long from production date did it take to be built then to be delivered?
Hi. My build week was 10/11... I was notified the built date was 10/28 and shipped out 10/29 by train... my expected delivery to dealer is 12/6. My order date was 5/31... 8 weeks later had a prod date of 10/11 which stayed. Almost there yet it seems much longer then 5.5 mos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. My build week was 10/11... I was notified the built date was 10/28 and shipped out 10/29 by train... my expected delivery to dealer is 12/6. My order date was 5/31... 8 weeks later had a prod date of 10/11 which stayed. Almost there yet it seems much longer then 5.5 mos.
Thank you, hoping to receive by the end of 2021.its been a very long wait.

·
Registered
MME GT, grabber blue
5 Posts
Mine was ordered 5/18, and a production date of 5/8. But no build date or ship date. ETA is still Nov 28, but I doubt it’s going to arrive by then. I am also hoping that I receive it before the end of the year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They just changed the production date for the 5th time. It now says 11/29. Talked to dealer today and got our Vin number. They said once it is built they will fast track it.
I am also on my forth production date change. I have the same date of 11/29. I thought the 2022s started building the week of 11/29 but who knows. Can't get a straight answer out of Ford.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am also on my forth production date change. I have the same date of 11/29. I thought the 2022s started building the week of 11/29 but who knows. Can't get a straight answer out of Ford.
Ford 2022 MY Mach E Job#1 date is now Jan 3, 2022. I don't think they can build a 2021 VIN in 2022 but they can build a 2022 VIN in 2021.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,
I ordered my Mach-E premium with ext battery on 5-27 and my production date has also been moved 4 times 1st was 11-22 (my order was before yours and my 1st date was the same as your 4th) and yesterday 11-18 it was changed for the 4th time now to 12-13.

·
Registered
6 Posts
after my 4th date change I tried live chat and phone chat with Ford. The phone call I was on hold for 20 minutes before I hung up. The Live chat I tried 4 different times and it says all agents are busy try latter. That's not customer service Ford

·
Registered
194 Posts
Converted my GT reservation to an order on April 28. Got a build date of August 23. Finally shipped sometime in October. ETA was October 2, October 15, October 31, and now it's November 21 (according to Ford's website and the VVR) or December 8 (according to another screen my dealer checked). It's getting to the point where I have literally conceived, gestated, and delivered a human child in less time than it's taking to get this car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
after my 4th date change I tried live chat and phone chat with Ford. The phone call I was on hold for 20 minutes before I hung up. The Live chat I tried 4 different times and it says all agents are busy try latter. That's not customer service Ford
Wow, I just don't understand how they can be so messed up and not honest with dates!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess it stands to reason that if you open another Mach-E assembly line in China then half of the Mach-E parts need to be sent to support that assembly plant. Not very good planning on Ford's part. In the meantime those of us who ordered the first half of the year patiently wait.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I guess it stands to reason that if you open another Mach-E assembly line in China then half of the Mach-E parts need to be sent to support that assembly plant. Not very good planning on Ford's part. In the meantime those of us who ordered the first half of the year patiently wait.
Ford did say they would produce 50,000 Mach E's in the first year constrained by battery supply. They did that by the end of August, 2021. They also said the split would be 20,000 to NA and 30,000 to Europe and they delivered 20,000 in NA. Ford underestimated Mach E demand, so yeah poor planning, but sort of a good problem for Ford, but not so good for waiting customers. Ford Mach E production was down in October according to InsideEV with no reasons given. I have not heard about timeline on China production.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts