Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ford did say they would produce 50,000 Mach E's in the first year constrained by battery supply. They did that by the end of August, 2021. They also said the split would be 20,000 to NA and 30,000 to Europe and they delivered 20,000 in NA. Ford underestimated Mach E demand, so yeah poor planning, but sort of a good problem for Ford, but not so good for waiting customers. Ford Mach E production was down in October according to InsideEV with no reasons given. I have not heard about timeline on China production.
Here is the lnk to the story about the China MME assembly plant:
Ford Is Now Making The Mustang Mach-E In China As Well (motor1.com)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a Premium 4x on 2021.07.06. Changed my mind and decided to get a GT; placed that order on 2021.08.19. Kept both orders open on the advice of my dealer.

Scheduled build dates have slipped from the originally posted date for both, but they've slipped a lot more for the Premium. My GT was built on 2021.11.20 and now has an ETA to dealer of 2022.01.06. The Premium's scheduled build date is now posted as 2021.12.06.

So Ford seems to be giving GTs priority, which is understandable I guess (higher profit margin) though it's kinda not so great from a customer relations perspective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just found out something interesting! It is apparently possible to add/activate a car in FordPass prior to delivery if you have the VIN. So now my GT sitting in Ciudad de Mexico is showing up in FordPass, and I should be able to track it all the way to the dealership :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts