Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Mach E in RI on Feb 3d. Original production date was scheduled for June 13, then in March it was delayed to June 20. Last communication from them was in March, since then, radio silence, no word on production. Anyone with recent updates or idea of how far behind they are? Would be nice to be kept informed. When does 22 model come out?
Thanks. -DA

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m really starting to resent the way that @FordMotorCompany is treating their “customers” who put money down for a MME. Ford doesn’t think that we deserve to know what is going on or when we should expect our orders to be built.

They’re legally required to tell Ford’s stockholders so they know more than we do. It looks like they shut all their factories down for two plus weeks due to a semiconductor shortage.

“News earlier in July could have impacted Ford share values. Virtually every assembly plant in North America will be shut for at least two weeks throughout July 2021, and some will reduce their output in August as well. These latest setbacks are once again courtesy of the ongoing chip shortage, which has been a thorn in Ford’s side since early 2021, with no apparent end in sight.”

Ford Stock Drops 6 Percent During Week Of July 12th - July 16th, 2021

My dealership is useless for info and so is the Ford’s Customer Support Line, I’ve been promised return calls to my inquires and never get them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’m really starting to resent the way that @FordMotorCompany is treating their “customers” who put money down for a MME. Ford doesn’t think that we deserve to know what is going on or when we should expect our orders to be built.

They’re legally required to tell Ford’s stockholders so they know more than we do. It looks like they shut all their factories down for two plus weeks due to a semiconductor shortage.

“News earlier in July could have impacted Ford share values. Virtually every assembly plant in North America will be shut for at least two weeks throughout July 2021, and some will reduce their output in August as well. These latest setbacks are once again courtesy of the ongoing chip shortage, which has been a thorn in Ford’s side since early 2021, with no apparent end in sight.”

Ford Stock Drops 6 Percent During Week Of July 12th - July 16th, 2021

My dealership is useless for info and so is the Ford’s Customer Support Line, I’ve been promised return calls to my inquires and never get them.
You’re still in the frustration stage. I’m a few months farther along in the visceral hatred stage. You’ll get there soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You’re still in the frustration stage. I’m a few months farther along in the visceral hatred stage. You’ll get there soon.
I’m about to go nuclear on them this week. I’ve been trying to buy an EV since December and it’s been a nightmare. After dealing with the d-bags at Tesla I ended up canceling orders for a Model-s, two Powerwalls and their Tesla Roof. After Ford taking my money and refusing to divulge any information on when I should expect my car to be built I am at my wits end. My complaint is about the lack of information from Ford and not the delay in receiving the car. I at least deserve to know what is going on, instead they are ignoring my inquires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’m about to go nuclear on them this week. I’ve been trying to buy an EV since December and it’s been a nightmare. After dealing with the d-bags at Tesla I ended up canceling orders for a Model-s, two Powerwalls and their Tesla Roof. After Ford taking my money and refusing to divulge any information on when I should expect my car to be built I am at my wits end. My complaint is about the lack of information from Ford and not the delay in receiving the car. I at least deserve to know what is going on, instead they are ignoring my inquires.
If you look through some of the older threads you will see those exact words echoed countless times. If Ford’s mission was to alienate as many loyal customers as possible, they have succeeded.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you look through some of the older threads you will see those exact words echoed countless times. If Ford’s mission was to alienate as many loyal customers as possible, they have succeeded.
I just sold a truck and trailer for work and I need to get a replacement. I’m not going to consider replacing it with a Ford F-350/F-450 because they seem incapable of building vehicles or communicating with their customers. I’ll probably end up buying a Ram 3500 which Dodge is still cranking out in about 2 months from order date.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just sold a truck and trailer for work and I need to get a replacement. I’m not going to consider replacing it with a Ford F-350/F-450 because they seem incapable of building vehicles or communicating with their customers. I’ll probably end up buying a Ram 3500 which Dodge is still cranking out in about 2 months from order date.
IF I ever get my MME it will be my first EV and last Ford. I had my eye on a Hummer EV as my next purchase in a couple years but just discovered it wouldn’t fit in my garage. That probably leaves a Rivian R1S at the top of my list. Lots of new contenders coming so my, non-Ford, options are open.

·
Registered
22 Posts
IF I ever get my MME it will be my first EV and last Ford. I had my eye on a Hummer EV as my next purchase in a couple years but just discovered it wouldn’t fit in my garage. That probably leaves a Rivian R1S at the top of my list. Lots of new contenders coming so my, non-Ford, options are open.
Have you thought about the VW ID4? Looks like they will be available for delivery in Q4. AWD, 250 miles per charge and for a few thousand less than the MME.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have you thought about the VW ID4? Looks like they will be available for delivery in Q4. AWD, 250 miles per charge and for a few thousand less than the MME.
Anything is possible. I keep hoping something will break loose and I’ll get my MME. Just beginning it’s 6th week “in production”.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anything is possible. I keep hoping something will break loose and I’ll get my MME. Just beginning it’s 6th week “in production”.

I’m not even in production. Ford’s website claims it’s waiting to be “scheduled” but they (customer support line) won’t tell me when it is expected to be scheduled - yada Yada Yada,
do you have the vin number (obviously I don’t). The entire process is pathetic. Ford should really be ashamed of their customer support.

·
Registered
73 Posts
View attachment 6054
I’m not even in production. Ford’s website claims it’s “scheduled” but they (customer support line) won’t tell me when it is scheduled - yada Yada Yada,
do you have the vin number (obviously I don’t). The entire process is pathetic. Ford should really be ashamed of their customer support.
If it truly is scheduled, your salesman should have the VIN. Whether they’ll respond or Ford is outright lying, who knows?

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
View attachment 6054
I’m not even in production. Ford’s website claims it’s waiting to be “scheduled” but they (customer support line) won’t tell me when it is expected to be scheduled - yada Yada Yada,
Use Chrome to view the site, you will see the date under scheduled for production.

The production line is currently producing GT orders to fill reservations from 2019 and 2020. I don’t know if you order got pushed back because of this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Use Chrome to view the site, you will see the date under scheduled for production.

The production line is currently producing GT orders to fill reservations from 2019 and 2020. I don’t know if you order got pushed back because of this.
I looked in Chrome, no scheduled production date. Ford is either really incompetent or they don’t care what their customers think. They can’t manage their supply chain or their customer interactions - I’m about to cut my loses.

I only expected that they’d communicate with me about the estimated production date and when I could expect my order. I understand parts supply issues and Covid outbreaks; their choice for non-communication is unacceptable and disrespectful.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wouldn’t that be nice to know? My Ford dealership and the Ford Motor Corp doesn’t think that I deserve to know after reaching out to them “politely” a few times. I’m not asking for my car, I am asking for information on when to expect my car is to be built.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
I looked in Chrome, no scheduled production date. Ford is either really incompetent or they don’t care what their customers think. They can’t manage their supply chain or their customer interactions - I’m about to cut my loses.
Chrome on a desktop?

Not trying to make excuses for Ford, just sharing what I have learned combing the interwebs.

Also, Ford has this on their order page, many miss it.

‘Note: Due to high demand, Mustang Mach-E Premium delivery time estimated to be 24+ weeks; Non-Reservation Mustang Mach-E GT estimated delivery time begin late 2021.’

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chrome on a desktop?

Not trying to make excuses for Ford, just sharing what I have learned combing the interwebs.

Also, Ford has this on their order page, many miss it.

‘Note: Due to high demand, Mustang Mach-E Premium delivery time estimated to be 24+ weeks; Non-Reservation Mustang Mach-E GT estimated delivery time begin late 2021.’
Oddly enough that 24+ week commitment wasn’t there when I ordered in January. I only know of it now because I happened to look at the order page. I’m now on target for 33 weeks, which I only know because I repeatedly called and asked.

I have received 2 communications from Ford. The first when my order was accepted in January. The second 12 weeks later with a build week. I’m now beginning my 6th week “in production”

After watching, literally, every review video and reading every article I firmly believe the MME is the superior alternative. I just as firmly believe that Ford Motor Company is a steaming pile of excrement.

·
Registered
Premium, Iconic silver
6 Posts
View attachment 6054
I had called my dealer and requested the VIN since I had a build date, but he said they don't have a set VIN until it is actually being built or built. The week after production he sent me the window sticker and VIN.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts