Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

Registered
I鈥檝e got a GT on order, since May 2021. I fully expect it to be delivered next year, though I can only hope for sooner.
I hope all these delays are to improve quality control. 馃馃馃馃馃

Registered
After watching, literally, every review video and reading every article I firmly believe the MME is the superior alternative. I just as firmly believe that Ford Motor Company is a steaming pile of excrement.
Teslas are junk, just read Consumer Reports. The model-s that Tesla gave me to test drive had the interior panel falling off on the passenger side because it wasn鈥檛 properly installed and a giant crack in their giant sunroof. Their paint is laughably bad.

I was hoping to go with a real automaker that could build a quality car but Ford can鈥檛 seem to get their act together either or care enough to communicate with their customers.

The VW ID4 is interesting, they can build a quality car and it might be ready before I ever see the MME that I placed an order for in April.

Registered
Teslas are junk, just read Consumer Reports. The model-s that Tesla gave me to test drive had the interior panel falling off on the passenger side because it wasn鈥檛 properly installed and a giant crack in their giant sunroof. Their paint is laughably bad...
Watch some of Sandy Munro's current Model Y evaluation, things have changed on build quality, and he rates the paint as good as any in the industry. He was actually instrumental in pointing out the necessary corrections in the Fremont paint shop and they acted on them.

Registered
Teslas are junk, just read Consumer Reports. The model-s that Tesla gave me to test drive had the interior panel falling off on the passenger side because it wasn鈥檛 properly installed and a giant crack in their giant sunroof. Their paint is laughably bad.

I was hoping to go with a real automaker that could build a quality car but Ford can鈥檛 seem to get their act together either or care enough to communicate with their customers.

The VW ID4 is interesting, they can build a quality car and it might be ready before I ever see the MME that I placed an order for in April.
Teslas are junk, and the ID.4 is a nice little car. The Audi version of the ID.4, the Q4 E-tron is supposed to be out later this year. I'm thinking I'll go with the Q4 if the Mustang doesn't work out.

Registered
Watch some of Sandy Munro's current Model Y evaluation, things have changed on build quality, and he rates the paint as good as any in the industry. He was actually instrumental in pointing out the necessary corrections in the Fremont paint shop and they acted on them.
interesting and yet from day one owners of model 3 s had been complaining about panel fit and paint quality, it was cited in boatloads of consumer reviews. So it took Munro to point this out after a couple years for it to get fixed?

Registered
I鈥檝e got a GT on order, since May 2021. I fully expect it to be delivered next year, though I can only hope for sooner.
I ordered early June, and am expecting delivery on Christmas Eve. But I will not be holding my breath.

I hope all these delays are to improve quality control. 馃馃馃馃馃
Quality improvement! You are adorable!

Registered
I ordered early June, and am expecting delivery on Christmas Eve. But I will not be holding my breath.

Quality improvement! You are adorable!
and yet certainly true in my experience. The early production cars had issues with software, which had the beneficial effect of updating and fixing as they appeared. The last update that seems to have gotten a lot of attention is the PAAK which address paak and b&o problems and seems to have sorted a great many problems people were having. That update covered cars built up until 4/21. My car was built 4/24 and two months in I haven't experienced any issues the early adopters have had. Additionally, haven't had a single OTA update come out for mine either.

Registered
interesting and yet from day one owners of model 3 s had been complaining about panel fit and paint quality, it was cited in boatloads of consumer reviews. So it took Munro to point this out after a couple years for it to get fixed?
I test drove a Model-S in December 2020 and noticed the problems with the door panel not being secured properly and damage to their sunroof - I can鈥檛 belief they let that car be used as a test drive vehicle. I didn鈥檛 notice any paint issues with that car but I have seen it on others. Tesla did shut their factory down after that for a longer than expected time, maybe they fixed the issues. Between all the warranty issues and horrible resale values for Teslas I was happy to find that Ford was building an AWD EV sports sedan.

I am thankful that Tesla was able to build the electric car market to where it is today and now the established automakers are getting in to this market. I鈥檇 probably own a Tesla if it was better constructed product.

Registered
Chrome on a desktop?

Not trying to make excuses for Ford, just sharing what I have learned combing the interwebs.

Also, Ford has this on their order page, many miss it.

鈥楴ote: Due to high demand, Mustang Mach-E Premium delivery time estimated to be 24+ weeks; Non-Reservation Mustang Mach-E GT estimated delivery time begin late 2021.鈥
I've tried Chrome on a desktop and it doesn't display anything different than using Explorer or edge.

Registered
I had called my dealer and requested the VIN since I had a build date, but he said they don't have a set VIN until it is actually being built or built. The week after production he sent me the window sticker and VIN.

This is not accurate. I鈥檝e ordered many Fords over the years including a MME GT Premium. As soon as your order is confirmed and you have a build week, a VIN is assigned. Put my order in June 12th, Got a build week of August 16th on June 24, got my VIN from the dealer on July 13th simply because I didn鈥檛 ask any sooner.

My guess is some folks at the dealership don鈥檛 know how to get the info and others don鈥檛 care to look it up every time they get asked. And, they get ask a LOT. Ordering a new vehicle is an exiting time for the buyer. They鈥檙e anxious to get their new ride and get impatient waiting. So they ask, and ask, and ask鈥

I doubt many auto manufacturers give someone who鈥檚 ordered a vehicle commuications at every step along the way.

Especially when things are so chaotic with COVID, the chip issue, and other supply chain issues that are going on right now鈥

Registered
I looked in Chrome, no scheduled production date. Ford is either really incompetent or they don鈥檛 care what their customers think. They can鈥檛 manage their supply chain or their customer interactions - I鈥檓 about to cut my loses.

I only expected that they鈥檇 communicate with me about the estimated production date and when I could expect my order. I understand parts supply issues and Covid outbreaks; their choice for non-communication is unacceptable and disrespectful.
use this link, if you did not already. If you have the VIN you will get all the relevant info, curent stage and expected delivery when they get into production.

Registered
Ordered Premium Star White, Space Grey Interior AWD ER
My MME was ordered Jan 22. I received this message from my dealer over the weekend:
Your Mach E has been rescheduled for arrival in October. I have seen this switch back and forth 2 time already and vehicles have been arriving. I do see that your Mach E is built but on hold due to the Micro Chip restriction. This information was just taken from my Ford resource and was updated Friday at 3:45pm.

Registered
My MME was ordered Jan 22. I received this message from my dealer over the weekend:
Your Mach E has been rescheduled for arrival in October. I have seen this switch back and forth 2 time already and vehicles have been arriving. I do see that your Mach E is built but on hold due to the Micro Chip restriction. This information was just taken from my Ford resource and was updated Friday at 3:45pm.
At least you have the info on your car鈥檚 build status, I can鈥檛 even get that. I know that someone at Ford or my dealership has the information but it鈥檚 so convoluted and crazy how difficult that info is to get. Obviously, I鈥檇 rather have my car but I鈥檇 at least take my current build status and estimated delivery date - I don鈥檛 think that is too much to ask after waiting for 4 months.

Registered
2021 Mach-e Premium Rapid Red EX-4
I ordered my Mach E in RI on Feb 3d. Original production date was scheduled for June 13, then in March it was delayed to June 20. Last communication from them was in March, since then, radio silence, no word on production. Anyone with recent updates or idea of how far behind they are? Would be nice to be kept informed. When does 22 model come out?
Thanks. -DA
That is the exact date i ordered mine here is my timeline. I don't have the car yet...
Rapid Red Premium AWD with Grey Interior and Ext Battery
Ordered: 2/03/21
Approved by dealer: 2/05/21
Received VIN# from Dealer 4/23/2021
Email from Ford of production date: 4/26/2021
Scheduled for production the week of: 6/10/21
Downloaded window sticker: 6/04/21
Build date: 6/16/21
Ship date 6/21/21 on Kansas City Southern railroad delivered to KC on 7/7/2021
Estimated delivery window 7/28/21 to 8/03/21 (now shows 8/18/21). Likely truck shortage
Arrived at Dealer: Not yet

Registered
That is the exact date i ordered mine here is my timeline. I don't have the car yet...
Rapid Red Premium AWD with Grey Interior and Ext Battery
Ordered: 2/03/21
Approved by dealer: 2/05/21
Received VIN# from Dealer 4/23/2021
Email from Ford of production date: 4/26/2021
Scheduled for production the week of: 6/10/21
Downloaded window sticker: 6/04/21
Build date: 6/16/21
Ship date 6/21/21 on Kansas City Southern railroad delivered to KC on 7/7/2021
Estimated delivery window 7/28/21 to 8/03/21 (now shows 8/18/21). Likely truck shortage
Arrived at Dealer: Not yet
you're getting close tho! Mine surprisingly showed up nearly a week early than expected

Registered
Oddly enough that 24+ week commitment wasn鈥檛 there when I ordered in January. I only know of it now because I happened to look at the order page. I鈥檓 now on target for 33 weeks, which I only know because I repeatedly called and asked.

I have received 2 communications from Ford. The first when my order was accepted in January. The second 12 weeks later with a build week. I鈥檓 now beginning my 6th week 鈥渋n production鈥

After watching, literally, every review video and reading every article I firmly believe the MME is the superior alternative. I just as firmly believe that Ford Motor Company is a steaming pile of excrement.
I have been so frustrated with the entire process but my nightmare I believe is coming to an end after placing my order on March 1st I have finally found out my car was built on July 16th and it has been shipped (estimated shipping time is 35 days. Now when it comes to the customer service aspect it has been horrendous. I have called Ford multiple time, inquired via social media and have contacted my sales person and not one of them could provide me with an answer. The only way I have found out anything about my purchase was through the shop for vehicle tracking link and even that had my car being delivered on October 31st. There has not been one bit of communication from Ford. They have everyone's email address and they could be sending out some type of correspondence around the delays but they haven't. The only reason I stayed with Ford is because I really like the looks of the car and how it performed when I test drove it. In addition, my Infinite Blue Metallic paint has been discontinued therefore might car might stand out even more. I hope you get your car soon

Registered
View attachment 6054
I鈥檓 not even in production. Ford鈥檚 website claims it鈥檚 waiting to be 鈥渟cheduled鈥 but they (customer support line) won鈥檛 tell me when it is expected to be scheduled - yada Yada Yada,
do you have the vin number (obviously I don鈥檛). The entire process is pathetic. Ford should really be ashamed of their customer support.
I sat in the same boat and then the end of June I received an email that mine is scheduled for production starting the week of August 16. Other than that I haven鈥檛 heard anything else. At least I have moved to starting production.

Registered
OK, everyone, here is one person's experience from start to finish. Ford dealer located in San Antonio TX.
I ordered a MME
Premium,
Infinite Blue Metallic,
Black Onyx interior,
RWD,
ER Battery,
on Mar 15, 2021.
I checked everywhere I could on almost a daily basis to find out status. Almost none if it came directly from Ford (none from the dealer), but using a variety of other sites, managed to piece together what was happening. Here is my experience (note I pick up the car tomorrow, the day after this post):

129 day delivery.

Note that the Muncie ramp in KS is the railroad ramp that serves TX (Union Pacific I think). There are also ramps in/around Kansas City that are ramps for different railroads and destinations in the USA, such as Argentine ramp, Muncie ramp, Voltz ramp and perhaps others.

Am really stoked to get the car tomorrow.
Jim

Registered
I have been so frustrated with the entire process but my nightmare I believe is coming to an end after placing my order on March 1st I have finally found out my car was built on July 16th and it has been shipped (estimated shipping time is 35 days. Now when it comes to the customer service aspect it has been horrendous. I have called Ford multiple time, inquired via social media and have contacted my sales person and not one of them could provide me with an answer. The only way I have found out anything about my purchase was through the shop for vehicle tracking link and even that had my car being delivered on October 31st. There has not been one bit of communication from Ford. They have everyone's email address and they could be sending out some type of correspondence around the delays but they haven't. The only reason I stayed with Ford is because I really like the looks of the car and how it performed when I test drove it. In addition, my Infinite Blue Metallic paint has been discontinued therefore might car might stand out even more. I hope you get your car soon
My salesperson called me yesterday and asked me what the VIN number was on the car I ordered from him. He didn't have it. He thought it might be on the lot. Turns out it was.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts