Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
OK, everyone, here is one person's experience from start to finish. Ford dealer located in San Antonio TX.
I ordered a MME
Premium,
Infinite Blue Metallic,
Black Onyx interior,
RWD,
ER Battery,
on Mar 15, 2021.
I checked everywhere I could on almost a daily basis to find out status. Almost none if it came directly from Ford (none from the dealer), but using a variety of other sites, managed to piece together what was happening. Here is my experience (note I pick up the car tomorrow, the day after this post):

View attachment 6083

129 day delivery.

Note that the Muncie ramp in KS is the railroad ramp that serves TX (Union Pacific I think). There are also ramps in/around Kansas City that are ramps for different railroads and destinations in the USA, such as Argentine ramp, Muncie ramp, Voltz ramp and perhaps others.

Am really stoked to get the car tomorrow.
Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my Mach E in RI on Feb 3d. Original production date was scheduled for June 13, then in March it was delayed to June 20. Last communication from them was in March, since then, radio silence, no word on production. Anyone with recent updates or idea of how far behind they are? Would be nice to be kept informed. When does 22 model come out?
Thanks. -DA
I got an email from Ford last week saying it is my last chance to place my order for a car they claim they can deliver in November. It looked like they were charging full list price for a car I can probably walk into a dealership and order when it's more readily available. It rubbed me the wrong way, so I cancelled my reservation. Whenever a salesperson tells me it's my last chance to buy something from them for full list price, I'm probably not going to buy it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been so frustrated with the entire process but my nightmare I believe is coming to an end after placing my order on March 1st I have finally found out my car was built on July 16th and it has been shipped (estimated shipping time is 35 days. Now when it comes to the customer service aspect it has been horrendous. I have called Ford multiple time, inquired via social media and have contacted my sales person and not one of them could provide me with an answer. The only way I have found out anything about my purchase was through the shop for vehicle tracking link and even that had my car being delivered on October 31st. There has not been one bit of communication from Ford. They have everyone's email address and they could be sending out some type of correspondence around the delays but they haven't. The only reason I stayed with Ford is because I really like the looks of the car and how it performed when I test drove it. In addition, my Infinite Blue Metallic paint has been discontinued therefore might car might stand out even more. I hope you get your car soon
[/QUOTE
OK, everyone, here is one person's experience from start to finish. Ford dealer located in San Antonio TX.
I ordered a MME
Premium,
Infinite Blue Metallic,
Black Onyx interior,
RWD,
ER Battery,
on Mar 15, 2021.
I checked everywhere I could on almost a daily basis to find out status. Almost none if it came directly from Ford (none from the dealer), but using a variety of other sites, managed to piece together what was happening. Here is my experience (note I pick up the car tomorrow, the day after this post):

View attachment 6083

129 day delivery.

Note that the Muncie ramp in KS is the railroad ramp that serves TX (Union Pacific I think). There are also ramps in/around Kansas City that are ramps for different railroads and destinations in the USA, such as Argentine ramp, Muncie ramp, Voltz ramp and perhaps others.

Jim
Can you share with us the all the places you checked to get your status from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my Mach E in RI on Feb 3d. Original production date was scheduled for June 13, then in March it was delayed to June 20. Last communication from them was in March, since then, radio silence, no word on production. Anyone with recent updates or idea of how far behind they are? Would be nice to be kept informed. When does 22 model come out?
Thanks. -DA
Buyer Beware! I ordered my beautiful Mach E online on September 29, 2020 and waited 9 long months for it to come in. I followed its progress almost daily on the Ford portal, and was in constant communication with the dealership‘s sales manager. When it arrived 2 weeks ago (July 8, 2021) the salesman called to arrange for my delivery date. At that time he casually mentioned that they were marking it up $6000, but for me it would be $3000. I had a contracted MSRP sale price through Ford, already accepted by the dealer. I contacted Ford and they said there’s nothing they can do about dealers marking up the cars. You cannot even imagine my disgust and disappointment. This was sheer financial greed and a level of unprofessionalism that still shocks me. Needless to say, I refused to pay more than MSRP, and they sold MY a special orde car to someone else who was more than willing to pay the markup. This has been an absolute NIGHTMARE. This is just a horrible time to be buying a car because dealers can do whatever they want with the pricing and know someone will buy it. I urge anyone who has ordered a Mach E online to go to the dealership and insist on signing a document confirming what you’re going to pay for the car. Even though the Ford online process states you’ll be getting the car for the agreed-upon amount, that is not the case. An unscrupulous dealer will ignore it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Buyer Beware! I ordered my beautiful Mach E online on September 29, 2020 and waited 9 long months for it to come in. I followed its progress almost daily on the Ford portal, and was in constant communication with the dealership‘s sales manager. When it arrived 2 weeks ago (July 8, 2021) the salesman called to arrange for my delivery date. At that time he casually mentioned that they were marking it up $6000, but for me it would be $3000. I had a contracted MSRP sale price through Ford, already accepted by the dealer. I contacted Ford and they said there’s nothing they can do about dealers marking up the cars. You cannot even imagine my disgust and disappointment. This was sheer financial greed and a level of unprofessionalism that still shocks me. Needless to say, I refused to pay more than MSRP, and they sold MY a special orde car to someone else who was more than willing to pay the markup. This has been an absolute NIGHTMARE. This is just a horrible time to be buying a car because dealers can do whatever they want with the pricing and know someone will buy it. I urge anyone who has ordered a Mach E online to go to the dealership and insist on signing a document confirming what you’re going to pay for the car. Even though the Ford online process states you’ll be getting the car for the agreed-upon amount, that is not the case. An unscrupulous dealer will ignore it.
That was a scumbag move by the dealership. I would roast them on every online platform that I could find. Name and shame them.

·
Registered
Ordered Premium Star White, Space Grey Interior AWD ER
12 Posts
Like many others, the delivery ETA for my January ordered MME moved from August to 10/31/21. Today that was changed to 9/7/21. I can live with that. I was in the process of backing out of the order so the new date came just in time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That was a scumbag move by the dealership. I would roast them on every online platform that I could find. Name and shame them.
Thank you for your support. I was so DEVASTATED to learn they had sold my car without even telling me (it already had a SOLD sign with my name on it hanging on the mirror!) that I was literally in shock for a few days. FURIOUS and hurt. Of course I got my $500 deposit back. But there was nothing they could do to make up for selling MY car to someone else. They just moved on to their next ‘deal.’ Sheer GREED. I waited 9 months to have a new model car that I chose over the Tesla we had originally ordered. Everyone says I should sue. But that would only drag out my personal angst. Now I just want to have nothing to do with FORD or that dealership again. I don’t trust them. It’s not worth waging a social media vendetta, because they’re still scalping all the cars on their lot and that will never change. The fact that they even CONSIDERED charging me a penny more than MSRP is the real outrage. My online order contract clearly shows I was to pay MSRP for the car. No dealer markup.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got an email from Ford last week saying it is my last chance to place my order for a car they claim they can deliver in November. It looked like they were charging full list price for a car I can probably walk into a dealership and order when it's more readily available. It rubbed me the wrong way, so I cancelled my reservation. Whenever a salesperson tells me it's my last chance to buy something from them for full list price, I'm probably not going to buy it.

Uh? No dealer markup MSRP is the correct price for a Mach E unless you are eligible for the small employee or club based discounts.. The dealer is is invoiced for the full Mach E MSRP. This discussion has turned to being about dealers not honoring the online price promise from Ford and Adding dealer markup.

Sorry you gave up an opportunity for that delivery...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. -DA
I ordered my awd standard range on Feb 1 and it was built May 26th delivered 4 weeks later. There was very little communication but they were pretty much on time. They did notify me once it was built but then I got mixed messages on the shipment. It was worth the wait as it has exceeded my expectations and so far with 1000 miles we have had zero defects. We have even exceed the 210 mile battery range by getting 250 to 270 per charge. Mostly in town with lots of regen but I drive it like a bat out of hell. Hang in there it is well worth it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered a MME
Premium,
Infinite Blue Metallic,
Black Onyx interior,
RWD,
ER Battery,
on Mar 15, 2021.

View attachment 6083

129 day delivery.

Jim
🙏

·
Registered
891 Posts
That's not media. That's crap written up by a some stoned chick that just happens to be a Tesla shareholder. That's if you can believe what she's saying.
I think Get Energi is a member here. Most of the items he cites are easily avoided if you're an informed consumer, that's nothing new, but in the current car environment hardly surprising especially for a car in demand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m about to go nuclear on them this week. I’ve been trying to buy an EV since December and it’s been a nightmare. After dealing with the d-bags at Tesla I ended up canceling orders for a Model-s, two Powerwalls and their Tesla Roof. After Ford taking my money and refusing to divulge any information on when I should expect my car to be built I am at my wits end. My complaint is about the lack of information from Ford and not the delay in receiving the car. I at least deserve to know what is going on, instead they are ignoring my inquires.
Had similar experience with Tesla 2.5 years ago and how I ended up with the MmE. I ordered mine right after and waited 2+ years for it. All I can say is it was worth the wait.

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts
File a complaint with your State Consumer Protection Board, also, I believe the FTC has something for car dealerships. In some states, the DMV has investigative units.

In NYC, you can call 311 (NYC number for all non emergency requests).

Enough complaints and they could lose their dealership license.

·
Registered
2021 MME4X Premium, Rapid Red
68 Posts
I ordered Feb 27th and my build was complete July 16th. I expected delivery 3-4 weeks later but it now says October 31st. This is shocking and my dealer is trying to find out why. Ask your dealer, they can see exactly what is going on with your car although nothing helps speed up the process.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not complaining. I knew what I was getting into when I placed my order. There are a lot of orders placed for the Mach-E. When a change happens and yours is in line then you will know. I've called Marketing to ask about mine and the first time I called they looked up my order and gave me the order # and the dealer #; which I didn't have. She said to call back in a week and see if there are any changes; I did that. There were no changes, but I know this is going to take time. Getting on here complaining about it won't change it. There's a shortage of chips out there. When mine gets in line and the chip becomes available, I'm sure there will be an update.
I guess if you don't want to wait it out, you can always pay the markup and drive one home.
I ordered mine in the middle of May and if I get it by Christmas, I will be happy. Yet, I know I will still be checking the Ford site everyday until I see a change. 😎

·
Registered
70 Posts
Picked up my Premium MME, Infinite Blue Metallic, RWD, ExBattery yesterday. Now have 75 miles on it. I'm lovin it like I have never done with a new car before, and there have been quite a few of them. I'm going to have to get a neck brace because I'm still thrilled with that pedal to the metal acceleration.

The other noticeable feature is the quietness of the interior when driving. They did an excellent job on the noise abatement, and the ride is really smooth.

According to the dealer, my car with the 237th MME delivered in the USA. I don't know if that includes all versions. 129 days from order to delivery. Sold at MSRP.

My neighbor saw it in the driveway briefly and begged for a test drive, he loved it.

Went to a function yesterday afternoon and the crowd stopped at the door when I drove up. It turns heads wherever you go. People track you like a radar and express that mouth slightly ajar, "what the hell is that" bewildered look.

Spent an hour so far on settings and preferences. Have several more hours to go. Quite a bit of stuff I haven't figured out yet, but with this much technology, it will take a while.

I am waiting for a JuiceBox charger that will provide more data on the charge than the Ford charger, e.g. curves of the charge rate, etc.

To hell with emails, I'm going back out there and play.

Jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Picked up my Premium MME, Infinite Blue Metallic, RWD, ExBattery yesterday. Now have 75 miles on it. I'm lovin it like I have never done with a new car before, and there have been quite a few of them. I'm going to have to get a neck brace because I'm still thrilled with that pedal to the metal acceleration.

The other noticeable feature is the quietness of the interior when driving. They did an excellent job on the noise abatement, and the ride is really smooth.

According to the dealer, my car with the 237th MME delivered in the USA. I don't know if that includes all versions. 129 days from order to delivery. Sold at MSRP.

My neighbor saw it in the driveway briefly and begged for a test drive, he loved it.

Went to a function yesterday afternoon and the crowd stopped at the door when I drove up. It turns heads wherever you go. People track you like a radar and express that mouth slightly ajar, "what the hell is that" bewildered look.

Spent an hour so far on settings and preferences. Have several more hours to go. Quite a bit of stuff I haven't figured out yet, but with this much technology, it will take a while.

I am waiting for a JuiceBox charger that will provide more data on the charge than the Ford charger, e.g. curves of the charge rate, etc.

To hell with emails, I'm going back out there and play.

Jim
Glad to hear you got it. Can't wait for mine to show up.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts