Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read an earlier forum post that productions at the Mexican plant was supposed to restart on April 6th. Has that happened? I just put in my reservation for a Mach-E two days ago, so I am very anxious to get my hands on one for a test drive.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
967 Posts
Production has always been scheduled to begin in June. The question is really if they are back at work doing pre-production to get the plant ready for June.

·
Registered
967 Posts
That's correct. Ford has not announced reopening dates in the North American or European plants. What I was referring to was the assembly line production of the Mach E, which was always scheduled to begin in June. They were doing preparatory work and pre-production runs before the shut down and had a planned Easter break (1-2 weeks) at the Cuautitlan facility.

·
Registered
649 Posts
That's correct. Ford has not announced reopening dates in the North American or European plants. What I was referring to was the assembly line production of the Mach E, which was always scheduled to begin in June. They were doing preparatory work and pre-production runs before the shut down and had a planned Easter break (1-2 weeks) at the Cuautitlan facility.
You sir, are ON TOP of this.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Last I heard Ford hadn't given a date to start production or re-open the Mach-E plant.
Early on in this (mid march maybe?) they had optimistically said trhat some of the plants would open between April 6 and 14, but that was quickly changed to "no earlier than may 1"

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's correct. Ford has not announced reopening dates in the North American or European plants.
On April 16th Automotive News reported on a possible start for at least one plant on May 4th:

Ford Motor Co. is joining other automakers and suppliers by targeting May 4 to restart assembly lines in at least one U.S. plant, according to a union official.

In a letter to members, Kentucky Truck Plant chairman Allen Hughes said Ford planned to reopen its Louisville facility on a two-shift, Monday-Thursday pattern, although he noted "this is not finalized and is very tentative."

It was unclear whether Ford was targeting a May 4 restart for all U.S. plants, or if it was specific to Kentucky Truck. A Ford spokeswoman on Thursday said there were no updates to announce beyond its previous announcement that production would be delayed indefinitely.

May 4 is also the date of U.S. plant reopenings at Fiat Chrysler, Honda, Hyundai, Volvo and Toyota and supplier Magna International Inc., as the industry seeks to begin recovery from the coronavirus pandemic that has halted production, closed dealer showrooms and stymied sales demand.

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Testing like they are doing in Asia is a better idea.
Testing will also be done, but unfortunately its not fool-proof. So until we have a vaccine, when work resumes we will need to maintain PPE and social distancing in public for a while longer.

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
21 Posts
Its now end of first week in October. Can anyone share an update regarding production at the Mexico factory?

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Its now end of first week in October. Can anyone share an update regarding production at the Mexico factory?
Please see thread:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Agreed. The thread Mach Drive mentioned is one of the best for this information. Yes, they are building FCTP (dealer demo) and executive units now. They even build the very first First Edition for sale. That Rapid Red #1 is bound for someone in the Dearborn area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts