Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
The official order number is different from what was your online order number?
Yes, my dealer gave me a print out from the WBDO system for me to sign for the paint color change. It has the 59xx order number towards the upper right corner.

My confirmation e-mail still refers to my reservation number 10026xxx as the order number. Its a confusing system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, my dealer gave me a print out from the WBDO system for me to sign for the paint color change. It has the 59xx order number towards the upper right corner.

My confirmation e-mail still refers to my reservation number 10026xxx as the order number. Its a confusing system.
Is your order number labeled "Order Code" on the print out? I also received a print out from their order system reflecting my changes I did this weekend (bumped up from the Select to the Premium).

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Is your order number labeled "Order Code" on the print out? I also received a print out from their order system reflecting my changes I did this weekend (bumped up from the Select to the Premium).
Yes. Its also at the top in the heading.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Well I hope the "Order Code" is correct as mine is 26XX even though I was one of the last to reserve (my reservation number was 10047XXX).
When did you convert your reservation to an order?
I’m trying to figure out the order code’s relevance in the hopes i will see my MMe before the Spring.
Also, on the print-out, do you have a ‘priority code’? And what is the number.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The number that matters is the time stamp on your reservation, if you made one. That will determine when your car gets built within any particular production run. The dealer codes are meaningless as far as production is concerned. If you didn’t make a reservation, but instead waited for orders to open, then your order date is determinative.

Reservations started at number 4000, but on reveal day numbers in the 4, 5, 6, and 7 thousand were issued more or less simultaneously. Efore orders opened reservation numbers reached over 80,000. The reservation numbers are not necessarily consecutive though. There are gaps.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
The number that matters is the time stamp on your reservation, if you made one. That will determine when your car gets built within any particular production run. The dealer codes are meaningless as far as production is concerned. If you didn’t make a reservation, but instead waited for orders to open, then your order date is determinative.

Reaervatiins started at number 4000, but on reveal day numbers in the 4, 5, 6, and 7 thousands were issued more or less simultaneously. Efore orders opened reservation numbers reached over 80,000. The reservation numbers are not necessarily consecutive though. There are gaps.
Yes, those are our collective assumptions. You also have to add in model types and options configuration.

I reserved Dec 7, order 10026xxx. Inwas just wondering how the ‘order code’ and ‘priority code’ plays into it all.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, those are our collective assumptions. You also have to add in model types and options configuration.

I reserved Dec 7, order 10026xxx. Inwas just wondering how the ‘order code’ and ‘priority code’ plays into it all.
I believe the priority code is the priority for orders within a particular dealer. If a particular dealer has several orders and one is a higher priority, that one will get built first (absent other factors) before other vehicles for that dealer. It doesn't mean one dealer gets priority over another.

(This is what I've been able to piece together from comments of Ford employees on the other forum.)

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
I believe the priority code is the priority for orders within a particular dealer. If a particular dealer has several orders and one is a higher priority, that one will get built first (absent other factors) before other vehicles for that dealer. It doesn't mean one dealer gets priority over another.

(This is what I've been able to piece together from comments of Ford employees on the other forum.)
So it seems planned trim build for a Job (like First Edition) and ‘Commodity availability’ (read ‘parts’) are the most determining factors. Then comes order date (I assume Ford is using reservation date for us). Apparently, order numbers have nothing much to do with scheduling.

The priority code is a global thing. Codes set by dealer 10-19, default 19, are only for prioritizing orders from a particular dealer. Priority 01 can be set by Ford, and that build has global priority. Code 20-80 have to do with dealer stock.

A good detail of the entire order and scheduling process can be found here:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the explanation of the ordering process. I've already come to the conclusion I won't see my MME until Q1 2021. I'm in no rush but it would be nice get it this year to get the Federal & State tax rebates in 2021 vs 2022.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So it seems planned trim build for a Job (like First Edition) and ‘Commodity availability’ (read ‘parts’) are the most determining factors. Then comes order date (I assume Ford is using reservation date for us). Apparently, order numbers have nothing much to do with scheduling.

The priority code is a global thing. Codes set by dealer 10-19, default 19, are only for prioritizing orders from a particular dealer. Priority 01 can be set by Ford, and that build has global priority. Code 20-80 have to do with dealer stock.

A good detail of the entire order and scheduling process can be found here:
Yes. Also, reservation date takes precedence over order date. Order number means nothing as far as when things are built.

Order date does matter though because if I reserved a premium in say March 2020 and converted it to an order in July 2020 when they allowed us, its possible it will be built before someone who had a day one reservation that waited until December to convert to an order. But if say instead of December they converted in to an order in early August 2020 (so still reserved before but ordered after me) its likely theirs will be built before mine.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Yes. Also, reservation date takes precedence over order date. Order number means nothing as far as when things are built.

Order date does matter though because if I reserved a premium in say March 2020 and converted it to an order in July 2020 when they allowed us, its possible it will be built before someone who had a day one reservation that waited until December to convert to an order. But if say instead of December they converted in to an order in early August 2020 (so still reserved before but ordered after me) its likely theirs will be built before mine.
Right, if you’re already scheduled, you won’t be bumped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So my reservation happened in February sometime dont remember exactly when, converted my order on the 29th of June. with my order number 10040094 and when i called my dealership i basically was laughed at when asked if there was any chance I'd get to test drive one this year. I'm in Utah if that matters for anyone.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
753 Posts
So my reservation happened in February sometime dont remember exactly when, converted my order on the 29th of June. with my order number 10040094 and when i called my dealership i basically was laughed at when asked if there was any chance I'd get to test drive one this year. I'm in Utah if that matters for anyone.
I'm about 1100 behind you, I ordered 22 Feb. RWD ER Premium. I don't understand why you would not be able to do a test drive, are they not expecting to receive any dealer MM Es? I'm in Las Vegas and I haven't enquired as to when the dealer expects to have a MM E in stock.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm about 1100 behind you, I ordered 22 Feb. RWD ER Premium. I don't understand why you would not be able to do a test drive, are they not expecting to receive any dealer MM Es? I'm in Las Vegas and I haven't enquired as to when the dealer expects to have a MM E in stock.
Yeah, I ordered late compared to most people here and my dealer has already told me to expect some seat time when their car arrives. I don't expect mine before spring, but a test drive should be all but certain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm frustrated with my dealership, and there isn't a whole lot I can do about it but moan about it on the interwebs. and keep pushing them. I'm hoping to start hear about you fine folks getting seat time soon so that I can get some seat time in.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
753 Posts
I'm frustrated with my dealership, and there isn't a whole lot I can do about it but moan about it on the interwebs. and keep pushing them. I'm hoping to start hear about you fine folks getting seat time soon so that I can get some seat time in.
I'll advise if I hear from the dealer regarding a test drive, at least you'll know if there's one in the 'area'

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've ordered a MMEP 4x Extended battery in infinite blue (300 package?). Order #100066**. I called this morning to try to change from infinite blue to grabber blue. The inventory manager said the ordering system wouldn't give him the option (300 to 301). I was on the phone while he was trying and he was legitimately stymied. Could this be because the grabber blue option is limited to a certain number?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've ordered a MMEP 4x Extended battery in infinite blue (300 package?). Order #100066**. I called this morning to try to change from infinite blue to grabber blue. The inventory manager said the ordering system wouldn't give him the option (300 to 301). I was on the phone while he was trying and he was legitimately stymied. Could this be because the grabber blue option is limited to a certain number?
Grabber Blue is only available for First Edition or GT.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts