Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let me correct my language now that it is approaching discussions of meteorological vs astronomical spring. I just went back and looked at Ford Mustang Mach-E Production And Deliveries Are Delayed

Dutch and UK buyers were told 1st quarter of 2021.

Maybe they are going to have EU orders due before August 20th?
Ok, Something a little different. My Mach-E is scheduled to be built the week of December 21. Question: How long does it take to build the car and any way I'm going to see it by the end of the year?
Also Ford have been advertising the car with the Mustang Logo Glowing. Is this a Advertising Gimmick or are they going to sell the car with it glowing? I would have no problem having the Dealer put it in for me...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok, Something a little different. My Mach-E is scheduled to be built the week of December 21. Question: How long does it take to build the car and any way I'm going to see it by the end of the year?
Also Ford have been advertising the car with the Mustang Logo Glowing. Is this a Advertising Gimmick or are they going to sell the car with it glowing? I would have no problem having the Dealer put it in for me...
Not knowing where you are . . . a build the week of 12/21 will NOT make it to you before the end of the year.
Glowing Mustang on the front - GT model only right now. Maybe there will be an aftermarket piece later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not knowing where you are . . . a build the week of 12/21 will NOT make it to you before the end of the year.
Glowing Mustang on the front - GT model only right now. Maybe there will be an aftermarket piece later.
I'm in California

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same production date for MME Premium AWD Ext Battery. I'm just hoping to have it before the end of January.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Update on timing per Ford Motor team had to plead with Bill Ford to give back not-yet-released Mustang
"We'll start to launch at the end of the year. We're just entering early mass production now, where we start to build the Mustang Mach-E's in volume," Farley said.

"We're not ramping up that curve and making hundreds a day," he said. "We're literally building Mach-E's right now and building a lot but in lower volumes. We'll build them and test them and make sure they're perfect. We sort out every problem. Once we're satisfied we've got every problem solved, then we turn on the light switch and go into job one."

Unfortunately, we don't know just how long ago Farley said this!

Here are the production rates used in v.8:

Those numbers were assuming averages of
MP1 200 cars per week (30-40 per day @ 6 days per week, 40 @ 5 days per week)
MP2 600 cars per week (100 per day @ 6 days per week, 120 @ 5)
Customer orders 1000 cars per week (> 160 per da @ 6 days per week, 200 @ 5)

If we ramp down a bit for v.9:

It drops us to only a few thousand customer vehicles (mostly destined for NA) by the end of the year. I'm not going to venture into distribution by model here. However, we are seeing almost all First Editions and Premiums.

I'd estimate 3000-5000 customer units produced in 2020 at this point.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was wondering what kind of production number the consumer cars begin with. Range 2000+ or higher?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Not sure what you mean. Are you asking about serial numbers or production rates? Production rates are going much slower and probably will peak at around 1,300 cars per week.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Not sure what you mean. Are you asking about serial numbers or production rates? Production rates are going much slower and probably will peak at around 1,300 cars per week.
With Ford taking the direction of Quality over Quantity, i am okay with waiting a bit longer.
And with battery safety being a top priority, it is understandable that they are not pushing to get to the 1 car per minute production rates any time soon.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I was referring to serialno thxs.
VINs are complicated and depend on model, etc. Most people have blocked out their last 3-4 numbers of their VIN when sharing so I don't think we really know. However, VIN is assigned in scheduling order not build order.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
Version 10
Hold onto that chicken handle over the window of your Mach E because we have just accelerated fast like BEVs do best!

Based on the new videos from the plant and intel provided by our best inside sources, the line seems to be running at 20 vehicles per hour.

"Hmmm 20 per hour, all that talk of different areas, the paint is way better than tesla, have the same vision system as ktp .hmmm. wonder who said will be about 26 an hour when they get rolling and said 20 per hour now?
🚘;)
Also
@ChasingCoral Do your math now. 2 shifts 10 hour each 5 days a week. lets just go with 20 an hour. It will be 26 by November 26th is all goes right. So u could even if "you" like do a what could be then.

Demos are getting cranked out left and right and getting close to being done with them.
There will be some production cars getting made before the 26th how many I don't know."

with a subsequent update:
"They are working 7.2 hours 5 days a week. Why I dont know yet. Just got that info for this week."

The new line calculation seems to be:
2*7*5*20 = 1,400 cars per week now
and
2*7*5*26 = 1,820 cars per week after November 26th.
I'm going to cut 10% off those to be a little conservative.

If these are correct, that means the production rates are much higher than even the optimistic estimates I used before:

That means up to 13,000 Mach Es produced by the end of December.
It also means they can reach at least 70,000 vehicles in the first run by the end of July, increasing North American deliveries from 20,000 to ~40,000. This is consistent with some of the demand numbers we've heard on here.

From today's build date assignments, combined with the Dutch build dates from @makooy and information from @portlandg and others about impending order conversions in the UK, I think we'll see a limited EU/UK production in December followed by simultaneous NA and EU/UK production starting in January.

Therefore I currently estimate with ~11,000 cars to North America in 2020 (~2,000 FCTP and ~9,000 customer cars) and 2,000 for EU/UK. Even so, that's a lot of cars!

Even I find these numbers a bit hard to believe!

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Version 10
Hold onto that chicken handle over the window of your Mach E because we have just accelerated fast like BEVs do best!

Based on the new videos from the plant and intel provided by our best inside sources, the line seems to be running at 20 vehicles per hour.

"Hmmm 20 per hour, all that talk of different areas, the paint is way better than tesla, have the same vision system as ktp .hmmm. wonder who said will be about 26 an hour when they get rolling and said 20 per hour now?
🚘;)
Also
@ChasingCoral Do your math now. 2 shifts 10 hour each 5 days a week. lets just go with 20 an hour. It will be 26 by November 26th is all goes right. So u could even if "you" like do a what could be then.

Demos are getting cranked out left and right and getting close to being done with them.
There will be some production cars getting made before the 26th how many I don't know."

with a subsequent update:
"They are working 7.2 hours 5 days a week. Why I dont know yet. Just got that info for this week."

The new line calculation seems to be:
2*7*5*20 = 1,400 cars per week now
and
2*7*5*26 = 1,820 cars per week after November 26th.
I'm going to cut 10% off those to be a little conservative.

If these are correct, that means the production rates are much higher than even the optimistic estimates I used before:
View attachment 2939

That means up to 13,000 Mach Es produced by the end of December.
It also means they can reach at least 70,000 vehicles in the first run by the end of July, increasing North American deliveries from 20,000 to ~40,000. This is consistent with some of the demand numbers we've heard on here.

From today's build date assignments, combined with the Dutch build dates from @makooy and information from @portlandg and others about impending order conversions in the UK, I think we'll see a limited EU/UK production in December followed by simultaneous NA and EU/UK production starting in January.

Therefore I currently estimate with ~11,000 cars to North America in 2020 (~2,000 FCTP and ~9,000 customer cars) and 2,000 for EU/UK. Even so, that's a lot of cars!
View attachment 2940

Even I find these numbers a bit hard to believe!
Thanks for your persistence. I can tell you have a love for statistics.

My take on all your numbers (if anyone cares :)):

In an effort to improve Quality Control and reduce warranty claims, Ford is currently taking twice as long to produce the Mach-E than they need to. I believe the third shift is avoided to leave time to clean the build-stations.

I find this a good thing, it should hopefully limit any problems to the unforeseen component issue or a newly encountered software bug. All of which I hope doesn’t happen, but I am being realistic as this is a first-year vehicle for both the hardware and the Sync 4a system.

Once any kinks are worked out with the new architecture build, and because of the reduced overall complexity of a BEV, the production rate could possibly increase again in the future without sacrificing quality.

I hope demand continues to grow for the MMe. Its success will help loosen the board-of-directors purse-strings.

I look forward to seeing how accurate your crystal ball is when the actual sales numbers start coming in!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Thanks for your persistence. I can tell you have a love for statistics.

My take on all your numbers (if anyone cares :)):

In an effort to improve Quality Control and reduce warranty claims, Ford is currently taking twice as long to produce the Mach-E than they need to. I believe the third shift is avoided to leave time to clean the build-stations.

I find this a good thing, it should hopefully limit any problems to the unforeseen component issue or a newly encountered software bug. All of which I hope doesn’t happen, but I am being realistic as this is a first-year vehicle for both the hardware and the Sync 4a system.

Once any kinks are worked out with the new architecture build, and because of the reduced overall complexity of a BEV, the production rate could possibly increase again in the future without sacrificing quality.

I hope demand continues to grow for the MMe. Its success will help loosen the board-of-directors purse-strings.

I look forward to seeing how accurate your crystal ball is when the actual sales numbers start coming in!
Thanks. That certainly makes sense as to why they are only running two shifts. Also, Ford was originally limited by 50,000 battery packs. Apparently that is not such a strong constraint now as there is talk of 70,000-80,000 cars this year. Even if they only increase their line rate to 30 / hour and get up to the full 9 hours per shift, the Cuautitlan plant should be able to reach even 80,000 if they ran through August.

I've similarly heard that the QA/QC is very strict at that plant. As a future Mach E owner I'm thrilled to hear that!

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Any word on OKTB? What is the hold-up related to? Is production stalled while they are sorting things?

i’m having nightmare flashbacks to the ID.3 delays. Is Ford going to be stuck in the same delay loop?

·
Registered
623 Posts
From what I can glean it is not a major issue, and they expect it to be corrected shortly (on the order of days). They have continued to assemble cars, although since we're getting down to so few weeks left in the year it seems like not many will get them in 2020. It is far better to work things out so that when we do get the cars there won't be significant issues - the difference between "we'll fix it later" and "let's get it right the first time".

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
From what I can glean it is not a major issue, and they expect it to be corrected shortly (on the order of days). They have continued to assemble cars, although since we're getting down to so few weeks left in the year it seems like not many will get them in 2020. It is far better to work things out so that when we do get the cars there won't be significant issues - the difference between "we'll fix it later" and "let's get it right the first time".
Thank you @timbop , I need all the good news I can get!

141 - 160 of 189 Posts