Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to update the profile photo in Sync. Tried from Profiles in Sync with no success. I logged into my Ford account and tried from there. When you're done you have to send to Mach E with remote vehicle setup in the Ford Pass app. It's not available in the app. I started a chat with Ford Customer Service. Totally useless. Can anyone help? Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do not bother. It is marketing gimmick. In fact, try not to mess with any setting via the app. It just does not work

·
Registered
602 Posts
Do not bother. It is marketing gimmick. In fact, try not to mess with any setting via the app. It just does not work
yep, my plan is to set up the PAAK so I can create a start up code in case I lose my fob, buy a second fob and never use the phone again if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've been trying to update the profile photo in Sync. Tried from Profiles in Sync with no success. I logged into my Ford account and tried from there. When you're done you have to send to Mach E with remote vehicle setup in the Ford Pass app. It's not available in the app. I started a chat with Ford Customer Service. Totally useless. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Setting profiles picture never worked for me or my wife's account. I tried everything that I could find here and other forums but it didn't work. I plan to call customer support some day, but not having much hope at this point. Anyone able to set profile pic, please help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Setting profiles picture never worked for me or my wife's account. I tried everything that I could find here and other forums but it didn't work. I plan to call customer support some day, but not having much hope at this point. Anyone able to set profile pic, please help.
Never was able to set it up either. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have my profile pic set in the Mach e. The key is you have to have the pic you want set as your profile in your phone contacts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a profile pic set up in the mach e. The key is you have to have the pic set up as your pic in your phone's contacts.

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a profile pic set up in the mach e. The key is you have to have the pic set up as your pic in your phone's contacts.
How do you do that? I thought I did but must be doing something wrong. I have an Android phone. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How do you do that? I thought I did but must be doing something wrong. I have an Android phone. Thanks.
I also have Android - S21 Ultra. The easiest way may be if you have a profile pic in Facebook. That pic will automatically (from what I recall since I set the Facebook up years ago) carry over to your phone contacts. My hubby doesn't have a Facebook page, so I will try to set up his pic and report back in case you also do not use Facebook.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I also have Android - S21 Ultra. The easiest way may be if you have a profile pic in Facebook. That pic will automatically (from what I recall since I set the Facebook up years ago) carry over to your phone contacts. My hubby doesn't have a Facebook page, so I will try to set up his pic and report back in case you also do not use Facebook.
I too use an S21 and have a profile pic in phone contacts as well, but it doesn't go into my MME. If you change the pic on your phone, does it change automatically in MME?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too use an S21 and have a profile pic in phone contacts as well, but it doesn't go into my MME. If you change the pic on your phone, does it change automatically in MME?
I just changed my profile pic in my phone. It did NOT change the profile pic in the MME. However, under profile settings/change profile photo on the MME screen, it did offer the new profile pic as an option to change the pic to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Please see my response below
Please see my response below to jnishkj. I made the change I described just my having my own phone number in my contacts and having a pic assigned to the phone number.

I also just added a profile pic to my hubby's profile in the MME. Since we share the FordPass app (2 keys to the MME in the app) and the app is under my name, I found that changing the pic in my phone for his contact did not impact the MME. Instead, I again changed my own profile pic in my phone to what I wanted to use for him. Once I made sure the FordPass app had refreshed, I went to the MME screen under profile settings and the new pic I used in the phone showed up as an option to select for his profile in the MME.

This sounds like a lot of words but it was actually a very quick (less than 5 minutes) process.

I used the Dallas Cowboys star as his profile pic. I attached the pic so you can see it.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was trying to respond to you, but I think I responded to someone else twice. I put a lot of details in the post below just a few minutes ago, so would love to know if it helped.

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Please see my response below to jnishkj. I made the change I described just my having my own phone number in my contacts and having a pic assigned to the phone number.

I also just added a profile pic to my hubby's profile in the MME. Since we share the FordPass app (2 keys to the MME in the app) and the app is under my name, I found that changing the pic in my phone for his contact did not impact the MME. Instead, I again changed my own profile pic in my phone to what I wanted to use for him. Once I made sure the FordPass app had refreshed, I went to the MME screen under profile settings and the new pic I used in the phone showed up as an option to select for his profile in the MME.

This sounds like a lot of words but it was actually a very quick (less than 5 minutes) process.

I used the Dallas Cowboys star as his profile pic. I attached the pic so you can see it.
Thanks for the follow up but still not working. I have PAAK set up but it does not work. There seems to be a compatibility issue with Ford Pass and my LG G6. Perhaps time for a new phone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the follow up but still not working. I have PAAK set up but it does not work. There seems to be a compatibility issue with Ford Pass and my LG G6. Perhaps time for a new phone.
One last thing you probably tried first in the FordPass app, but just in case: on the first page under my news, select remote setup>let's get started>upload photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts

Thanks, at last I got it working. The trick was to delete my original Samsung contact, and add a new entry with the pic. Now I have my profile pic on the car, although it's somehow lowres. Better than nothing ☺

I still don't understand why Ford has to make it so complicated, or why my Ford pass account profile pic is not set in the car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My MME hasn’t arrived yet but I’m reading up on all the issues and general traffic in advance. What functional benefit is there for uploading a profile picture to the car? Does it then recognize you when you get in or something?
Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One last thing you probably tried first in the FordPass app, but just in case: on the first page under my news, select remote setup>let's get started>upload photo.
There is Public Charging and Find a Dealer. No other options. I'll remove the Ford Pass app and try reinstalling. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks, at last I got it working. The trick was to delete my original Samsung contact, and add a new entry with the pic. Now I have my profile pic on the car, although it's somehow lowres. Better than nothing ☺

I still don't understand why Ford has to make it so complicated, or why my Ford pass account profile pic is not set in the car.
Glad you got it to work!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My MME hasn’t arrived yet but I’m reading up on all the issues and general traffic in advance. What functional benefit is there for uploading a profile picture to the car? Does it then recognize you when you get in or something?
Thanks,

Mike
If you have more than one driver for your MME, you will want to set different profiles that will contain car settings the way each person prefers. The pic is an easy way to identify which profile you're in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts