Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to buy the Mach E select from a local dealership this weekend. I want to get the best deal possible lol. Before I show up to the dealership, I had a few questions.

I work for a partner company and was wondering how can I get the partner code for the X-Plan. Also does anyone have the price of the Mach E select under the X-Plan?
Is it ever possible for the Federal Tax Credit to be used at point of sale with the dealership?
I am also a recent college grad, can I use the Ford Drives U program on the Mach E?
Lastly does anyone know of other incentive/discount programs that I could possibly use?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
These are all very good questions. Myself, I’m looking for the answer to the tax question. However, my research tells me that the answer is No… it is a deduction that you can take 1 time off of your income tax. So, what if you only owe $735 and the credit is for $7500, can you tack the balance on for next year? Nope. You would get the $735 off - and no more. Good luck on the others!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
These are all very good questions. Myself, I’m looking for the answer to the tax question. However, my research tells me that the answer is No… it is a deduction that you can take 1 time off of your income tax. So, what if you only owe $735 and the credit is for $7500, can you tack the balance on for next year? Nope. You would get the $735 off - and no more. Good luck on the others!!
yep, only the tax liability for the year you purchased the car.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to buy the Mach E select from a local dealership this weekend. I want to get the best deal possible lol. Before I show up to the dealership, I had a few questions.

I work for a partner company and was wondering how can I get the partner code for the X-Plan. Also does anyone have the price of the Mach E select under the X-Plan?
Is it ever possible for the Federal Tax Credit to be used at point of sale with the dealership?
I am also a recent college grad, can I use the Ford Drives U program on the Mach E?
Lastly does anyone know of other incentive/discount programs that I could possibly use?

Thanks!!
the xplan pricing is based on zip code. Here's the xplan and incentives pricing for my zip here in GA. You save about $700 or so with xplan . another plus with xplan the doc fees are capped at $100 or less. I don't know how you get your partner xplan pin/code, I got mine by joining mustang club of america, sign up and generate your pin online 15 minutes later, have to be a member for 90days when you take delivery to qualify using MCA

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
This has been discussed numerous times in many threads: The FTC is for the year you register your car. It is limited to $7,500 or the Federal taxes you owe whichever is less.

There is no carryover.

see: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
It all depends on the dealership you chose ... here in Orlando FL, Ford dealerships are really crappy and non-cooperative, but once I went to Northern NJ the dealership attitudes changed dramatically, they were all competitive and eager to do deals !!! Again, it all depends on a particular dealership ... I just happened to renew my wife's license at the Vineland DMV and found Illiston Ford .... what a dealership it was! They had the Mach-e of my dream right at their showroom - an Infinite Blue/Light Gray interior Premium RWD w/ 68kwH battery (production date of March '21) ... they threw an offer that I just couldn't walk away ... I also got the best trade in value for my 2017 Mercedes GLA (better than at the Mercedes dealer!) ... no ADM mark up ...no window etching ...no extended unnecessary plan ...in addition of honoring the x-Plan for Partners/Friends of Ford, Illiston Ford gave me all available current incentives and ultra low interest rate! This is my first foray with a domestic auto brand and to my utter amazement it was a deliciously wonderful experience !!! I was really blessed to get an able intelligent salesman who did his utmost best to initialize the configuration ... but it wasn't his fault, the dealership wasn't quite yet prepared ... once I Vineland area and got into a 5G/Wi-Fi rich environment everything just snapped into place, i.e. PAAK was functional from day one, after 24hrs the protocol J5118 kicked in so I was able to use the Electrify America's dcFast chargers with Plug & Charge feature in NY, NJ, PA, DE, VA & MD !!! I fully enjoyed the 250kwH freeby from day two onward ...I have now put more than 1,100 miles on my Mach-e without any issues or a single glitch !!!

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
It all depends on the dealership you chose ... here in Orlando FL, Ford dealerships are really crappy and non-cooperative, but once I went to Northern NJ the dealership attitudes changed dramatically, they were all competitive and eager to do deals !!! Again, it all depends on a particular dealership ... I just happened to renew my wife's license at the Vineland DMV and found Illiston Ford .... what a dealership it was! They had the Mach-e of my dream right at their showroom - an Infinite Blue/Light Gray interior Premium RWD w/ 68kwH battery (production date of March '21) ... they threw an offer that I just couldn't walk away ... I also got the best trade in value for my 2017 Mercedes GLA (better than at the Mercedes dealer!) ... no ADM mark up ...no window etching ...no extended unnecessary plan ...in addition of honoring the x-Plan for Partners/Friends of Ford, Illiston Ford gave me all available current incentives and ultra low interest rate! This is my first foray with a domestic auto brand and to my utter amazement it was a deliciously wonderful experience !!! I was really blessed to get an able intelligent salesman who did his utmost best to initialize the configuration ... but it wasn't his fault, the dealership wasn't quite yet prepared ... once I Vineland area and got into a 5G/Wi-Fi rich environment everything just snapped into place, i.e. PAAK was functional from day one, after 24hrs the protocol J5118 kicked in so I was able to use the Electrify America's dcFast chargers with Plug & Charge feature in NY, NJ, PA, DE, VA & MD !!! I fully enjoyed the 250kwH freeby from day two onward ...I have now put more than 1,100 miles on my Mach-e without any issues or a single glitch !!!
Sounds great and congratulations.

• You said the dealer "threw an offer that I just couldn't walk away": Did they sell you the MME at MSRP or did they discount it?
  • Ultra low interest rate: I believe the rate for up to 48 months financing from Ford is .9%. Was their rate lower than that?
  • Ford Option Plan: Did you discuss this? Currently there is a $2,500 incentive and the interest rate is 2.25%. Did the dealership offer you additional incentives beyond the $2,500 from Ford?
Again congrats on getting the MME in the color you wanted!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Sounds great and congratulations.

• You said the dealer "threw an offer that I just couldn't walk away": Did they sell you the MME at MSRP or did they discount it?
  • Ultra low interest rate: I believe the rate for up to 48 months financing from Ford is .9%. Was their rate lower than that?
  • Ford Option Plan: Did you discuss this? Currently there is a $2,500 incentive and the interest rate is 2.25%. Did the dealership offer you additional incentives beyond the $2,500 from Ford?
Again congrats on getting the MME in the color you wanted!
just to be clear, the options plan incentive is based on zip code. so it can be $1k or $2.5k

·
Registered
12 Posts
... again my advice is to go in person and haggle it at the dealership. It doesn't matter what is been offered on paper! ...even though they are restricted in certain pricing structure they can certainly sweeten the deal like offering higher trade in value !!! My experience has been that if they got the vehicle in the lot, like in my lucky case then you can seize the opportunity to strike a deal in your favor... but most importantly is the pleasantry of a good buying experience as well :)

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Listen ... I am just sharing my wonderful experience that I had with Lilliston Ford... if you don't believe what I have stated - TOUGH LUCK! Please do not try to fish out of me the specific details which I do wish to share, that's reason that I did not divulge the specifics ....thank you!
Nothing in your post indicated that you wanted to keep your transaction private. To the contrary you were proud of your transaction. If I had known you wanted to keep your transaction private I would not have posted my questions.

Nothing in my post indicated that I did not believe you. On the contrary I congratulated you on your purchase.

For many of us on this forum, what others have been able to achieve acts as a guideline.

For example, some dealers try to put on MSRP ADM. We have learned that you do not have to pay ADM - just go to another dealer.

Ford's interest rate is .9%. If you were able to get a lower rate that would be valuable information for others.

So far no has posted getting a discount from MSRP - other than the $1,000/2,500 incentive contained in the Ford Option Plan. If you did, you indicated an "offer that I just couldn't walk away" that too would be valuable information for others as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are a few other rebates and incentives available in California
  • CCFR - California Clean Fuel Reward (point of sale - $1500 - at participating dealerships)
  • CVRP - Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (apply on SCE site for $2000 - $4500 incentive direct from SCE)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I guess this is IT!
We go in tomorrow AM, June 30th to pickup our Mach-E
Hoping they honor the X-Plan.
MCA Member since Mar. 12th.
Hoping to get the Ford Credit incentives. $2600 for a Premium in my zipcode.
Big Down payment and finance balance of about $13K.
Make 1 or 2 installments and then request the pay off amount.
After the incentives arrive pay off the balance.
How long before the incentives are kicked down to the Buyer?
How does this scenario sound?
Anybody foresee a problem with this?
Joe dog

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I guess this is IT!
We go in tomorrow AM, June 30th to pickup our Mach-E
Hoping they honor the X-Plan.
MCA Member since Mar. 12th.
Hoping to get the Ford Credit incentives. $2600 for a Premium in my zipcode.
Big Down payment and finance balance of about $13K.
Make 1 or 2 installments and then request the pay off amount.
After the incentives arrive pay off the balance.
How long before the incentives are kicked down to the Buyer?
How does this scenario sound?
Anybody foresee a problem with this?
Joe dog
As I understand how the incentives work, they are included (deducted) from MSRP when you use the Option Plan.

X-Plan is MSRP less 2% plus $275. Under X-Plan doc fees are limited to $100.

Some forum members have requested the papers before hand, several days before to look over, so that when they go in the paper work is already done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts