Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a dealer that has the exact Mach-e GT I recently ordered. I put down $500 and got a confirmation from from the dealer. I am impatient and waiting 28 weeks is something I won't suffer well. I did find a second dealer with the exact same Mach-e GT I ordered in stock. Can I cancel the order with the dealer and get my $500 back?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I found a dealer that has the exact Mach-e GT I recently ordered. I put down $500 and got a confirmation from from the dealer. I am impatient and waiting 28 weeks is something I won't suffer well. I did find a second dealer with the exact same Mach-e GT I ordered in stock. Can I cancel the order with the dealer and get my $500 back?
Yes

·
Registered
2021, Premium, AWD, Shadow Black
89 Posts
I got my Premium off the lot. I went to every Ford dealership in NOVA, and in MD. I found two vehicles that I really wanted. Both were Premiums. I fell in love at the dealership, and closed that day. I was nervous that someone was going to swoop in and take it from me.

That was 12/20/21.

Got the tax break too, otherwise this year I would be paying thousands...

I picked it up the first full week in January. I was nervous the whole time that somehow the car wouldn't be mine. And I gave them a check - which they promptly cashed - for $45k as a down payment.

The closest dealership to me has Selects in stock. Only one or two, though. I go by every week, and the one or two that are there are different, but they are always Selects...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m VERY impulsive. My wife too. We just went to do a little research, and fell in love, bought it right then and there. Right off the lot. A 2021 MME GT with an August 21 manufacture date. I gotta say, the car is a BEAUTIFUL drivers car. Ford did a great job designing this car. I also gotta say, DO YOUR RESEARCH! This car is a great car, but full of operational bugs. Like they brought the car out before it was ready. The dealer is just as befuddled as the software. They don’t know anything. So…. Great car, lots of idiosyncrasies, make sure you’ve done your du-diligence. Probably has nothing to do with ur post, but a great opportunity to rant. :)

·
Registered
2021, Premium, AWD, Shadow Black
89 Posts
I’m VERY impulsive. My wife too. We just went to do a little research, and fell in love, bought it right then and there. Right off the lot.
I went out to dealerships with a plan. I knew of two, and the very first dealership that I got to that had a Premium had me. I was locked in once I drove the car.

Cut them a check and now I have my baby at home in the garage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered mine from a dealer that doesn’t upcharge. There was a model i wanted up the street a bit for 10K over MSRP (not invoice), but by waiting my 8 months i paid the msrp from the day i ordered it. For me it was worth the wait, even though i had to put some money into my last car to keep it running (it was a lot less than 10k). My dealer was awesome and i will send folks to them in future. This is my first ford other than the taurus mt-5 my dad taught me to drive on. I’ve only owned 3 other cars in my lifetime, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a select 2021 last July to he dealer offered me a deal to turn in my lease early and buy the MME so jumped on it
I dropped off the select to get a door chip fixed and my salesman tossed me the keys to a GT extended range with glass roof and blue cruise already activated and said take for a spin needless to say I drove home the GT
The dealer gave me $2000 less than what I paid for the select it had 8000 miles and I got the tax credit for it already so I made $5500 on the deal and I have a 2022 GT X
I can’t figure how so many people on this forum complain about waiting months if not a year to get a MME while I’m on my second one I guess they where just meant to be mine

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a select 2021 last July to he dealer offered me a deal to turn in my lease early and buy the MME so jumped on it
I dropped off the select to get a door chip fixed and my salesman tossed me the keys to a GT extended range with glass roof and blue cruise already activated and said take for a spin needless to say I drove home the GT
The dealer gave me $2000 less than what I paid for the select it had 8000 miles and I got the tax credit for it already so I made $5500 on the deal and I have a 2022 GT X
I can’t figure how so many people on this forum complain about waiting months if not a year to get a MME while I’m on my second one I guess they where just meant to be mine
im guessing you’re not in california.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts