Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me understand Mach E ordering, specifically how order numbers work. I ordered a Premium (Extended Range, Black, Space Gray Interior) on 8 July. My Order # is 10104024. I understand that about 50,000 units are to be produced for the 2021 model year; First Edition & Premium models are to be delivered first; Select models are to start delivery in 2021; and Orders for the GT are not yet being accepted. Is there any way to understand how an Order # of 10104024 fits into this whole scheme? Does it mean that my order will be included in the 2nd lot of 50,000, probably in 2022. If that is the case i'm not sure I want to wait over a year to get one. I would appreciate anyone who has an understanding of how this works to clear this up for me.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
We are all trying to figure this out.

Did you have a reservation? If you didn’t, this may be why your number looks different from others.

I also think Ford would not take order deposits for the 2021 model year if there wasn’t product availability. Reservations only come into play if actually converted to orders before a build-cycle begins.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,024 Posts
I hope someone can help me understand Mach E ordering, specifically how order numbers work. I ordered a Premium (Extended Range, Black, Space Gray Interior) on 8 July. My Order # is 10104024. I understand that about 50,000 units are to be produced for the 2021 model year; First Edition & Premium models are to be delivered first; Select models are to start delivery in 2021; and Orders for the GT are not yet being accepted. Is there any way to understand how an Order # of 10104024 fits into this whole scheme? Does it mean that my order will be included in the 2nd lot of 50,000, probably in 2022. If that is the case i'm not sure I want to wait over a year to get one. I would appreciate anyone who has an understanding of how this works to clear this up for me.

Thanks
Reservations made before the ordering system went on line went up to the 80,000 range (108xxxx). However, we don't know how many reservations were actually made or how many of these have been converted to orders. I'm sure it doesn't mean 80,000 reservations, much less orders. From what we've heard through various posts I'd guess no more than 40,000 reservations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are all trying to figure this out.

Did you have a reservation? If you didn’t, this may be why your number looks different from others.

I also think Ford would not take order deposits for the 2021 model year if there wasn’t product availability. Reservations only come into play if actually converted to orders before a build-cycle begins.
I didn't do a reservation, I just placed the July order. Could you show me what an Order # converted from a reservation might look like.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
From what i gather from everyone’s posts, if you convert a reservation (or place a new order) from the website, the order numbers are the same as their original reservation number (or you get a number like yours, see ChasingCoral’s post above).

If the dealer places the order with Ford for you, you get a number like ‘M999-K3S’. I think everyone has an internal order number like this, but i have yet to check with my dealer.

We also assume that res orders will queue ahead of non-res orders when it comes to build schedule. But once you’re on the schedule, your pretty much set.

A last assumption is that it is possible for Ford to sell out this way before some unconverted reservation holders get the opportunity to purchase. So, those waiting until the end-of-year to convert may be out of luck. thus, the fine print ‘Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery’.

When you log-in to your Ford accout, make sure there is a green arrow in front of ‘order accepted’. If not, contact your dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks MachDrive. The green check marks on order status there, so I guess I'll have to wait to see how the cue develops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts