Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Questions for Mach-E Design Livestream + Q&A

4K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  gtf 
#1 ·
Can the front trunk be unlocked from the key fob or is access limited to phone or in-car control?

The Fusion Energi and other cars make use of ‘noise canceling’ technology to reduce noise in the cabin. Will the Mach-E make use of similar tech?

Is the transition from regen to disc braking similar to the set-up in the 2017 Fusion Energi?

I understand a ‘hitch’ will be an available accessory in Europe but not here. Can you speak about that decision? Is there anything about the U.S. models that would limit after market installations?

Could the reserved battery capacity be made available over the air if, with time, Ford determines battery life is better than expected? Or in an evacuation scenario similar to what Tesla did in Florida?

Can the DCFC rate ever be increased or is the 150kW based on wiring sizes or other limitations?

Can you discuss the charging curve in any detail?

See less See more
#3 ·
Great questions above.

We know that there has been recent upgrades to the performance (HP and torque) of various trims. Has software enhancements yielded any improvements in range?

Also, to estimate the announced estimated range, was testing done based on the method used by the EPA to determine range for the US market?

#4 ·
Design
  • We’ve seen a few handle designs. Is the final design still a winglet with an open bottom and trailing edfe or a trough attached along its length? What is the final design and why did you choose it.
  • Will the panoramic glass roof be hotter than a metal roof?
  • Towing options are offered for the European model but we have seen any towing specs or options for the US model. Will we at least be able to use a receiver mount rack for bikes, etc?
  • ActiveX vs. leather: how well will ActiveX feel, resist stains, clean up, and last compared to leather?
  • Phone-As-a-Key: Do we understand it correctly that it works like a Fob in your pocket and you don’t have to pull the phone out or activate functions in the app?

Production
  • We’ve seen Job #1 is scheduled for 26 October. Will dealer demos be made earlier? Some reservation holders would like to try out the Mach E before ordering.
  • Once production begins, how many cars will be produced per day/week?

Future Plans
  • What changes do you expect in the 2022 model?

#6 ·
Those are some good questions. Here are a few more.

How long will it hold the 150kW charge rate on the 88kWh battery?
If I plug in at 20%, will I still get the "61 miles in 10 minutes" boosted charge rate for 10 minutes before it tapers?
When will we see the official EPA range numbers?
When will there be dealer test drive MME's available?
Will there be a "Sentry Mode" type security system available? Also, a dashcam for recording accidents, etc.?
Will there be something on the infotainment system to entertain us while we charge? Netflix, YouTube, Pong, etc.?
Will I be able to use the main screen as a rearview mirror since visibility out the back window won't be very good? I was hoping for a mirror as I have of my Bolt.
How much will it cost to update the active assist 2.0 when it's done?
After scheduling happens at the end of the month, will we get an estimate of where we are in the build queue? And the timing of our build? Some of us have leases that are coming due.
How many MME have been converted to orders?
How many cars will you make before 12-31?
How many cars per day will be coming off the line?
So 250kWh is less than $50. How about 500-1000kWh?

I know a couple of these have been asked before but answers were not given.

#9 · (Edited)
In a side by side comparison of the Mach e & a Tesla Y the Y is wider but in the internal measurements you have more shoulder, hip room. How did you accomplish this? 56.4 (T-Y vs M-e) 57.6 and hip room (T = 53.8 vs M = 55.3) Overall external with is T = 83.8 vs M = 74.0

Is there consideration for a Electric Blue LED Mustang tag for the front & rear? Audi just released their Audi Q4 Sportback E-tron with something similar & of course there is the Mercedes front lit Tag. The Audi Q4 E-tron that will be on the market in 2021 looks similar in size & performance parameters going after both the Mustang Mach e & Tesla Y.

Comparison Video that just hit 2 days ago. They obvious lean heavy towards Tesla ... See Tesla Model Y And Ford Mustang Mach-E Side By Side For First Time

#11 ·
Excellent questions, everyone. Some of my own:

Technology:
  • In the past, all the various Co-Pilot 360 components seemed loosely integrated and appeared to work more independent of each other rather than a comprehensive whole. Are they more intertwined with the forthcoming copilot 360 system?
  • How much, if any, of ArgoAI technology will be integrated into the new Co-Pilot 360 Active Drive Assist to be released next year?

#12 ·
A few more:

Options:
  • what was the decision behind omitting fog-lamps?
  • a new frunk organizer has appeared in recent MMe images. How durable is it and does it stow away without rattling around in the frunk?

#15 ·
At end they said to use chat to suggest future topics which would have been nice since they ignored almost all the questions posted here, but session abruptly ended without that option. Maybe since this group set up the discussion you can forward questions posted here. For myself I'd like to see a Ford posting/discussion/video of how to interact with the center stack screen since that is the most radical part of the interior design. Hopefully if they do more of these they are more informative on the actual car we are ordering.

#17 ·
Other than a little history on early designs and clay models you didn't miss much. 39 mostly PR type slides. Hopefully the questions posted in this forum get relayed to Ford and they can do a more informative presentation. When asked about color selections the panel didn't even know what the offered colors were. Just not very well prepared. Initial screen indicated they intend to do a series of presentations.

#18 ·
I have to disagree on not missing much. Yes, it was light on technical details. However, we got to hear the impassioned discussion of design from the leads of the design team. You can hear it in their voices over and over that they are truly excited about this vehicle. Even the excitement over how they implemented the door handles was geeky design engineers at their best. It showed how much they cared about this car.

I agree we should try to get some sessions to get get technical answers but this was an awesome way to start off what I hope will be a series of discussions.

#19 ·
In retrospect, I wanted to ask our organizer if this was a session which was just for us on this forum, or were there other viewers as well. I'm asking because during the WebEx session I could only see the names of the Ford employees and myself. If it did have a wider audience beyond us, I could understand the presentation being more general and not focusing topics specifically of interest to most of us.

#24 ·
True, but they should have read the brochure on the car. - and these are supposedly the lead engineers on the Mach e. None of the other panelists picked up the color question. Not a big deal, but pretty basic when you are speaking in a public panel as "the experts". Hopefully if they do another presentation they address questions posted on this forum. I am sure they know a lot more than they revealed. At least they did admit the ordering process is comprised of two, non-linked data bases which is what many have guessed given the delays in changing dealerships. At the end listen to moderator say they have more time but no more questions to answer. Just a poorly organized presentation at best, but it was interesting to see the early designs. Room for improvement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.