Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the US website I found max range by 300 miles, so around 480 km. on the german webseite i found 600 km or 375 miles.

16.5 kWh for 100 km would be 99 kWh battery, this is fine.
480 km with 99 kWh battery would result in 20.6 kWh per 100 km, terrible.

how does it look in reality?

·
Registered
55 Posts
This has to do with the differences between the EPA standard (US) and the WLTP standard (Europe). WLTP uses a different kind of driving pattern (combining more inner city driving) whereas the EPA standard is more conservative and is focusing more on longe range driving. But I don't think that 16.5 kw/h for 100km isn't realistic on a German Autobahn with a car at this size and weight.
I guess the truth lies in between.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey @Paul84

thanks. yes, this might cause the confusion. nevertheless, WLTP will check up to some higher speed than usually is driven in US. 130 km/h is much more than 75 miles in east US.

well, with my Hyundai Kona 15,5 kWh is given with WLTP and with 130 km/h on the German Autobahn is 18 kWh okay. so lets see how it will be the the Mach E!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would be happy if i could get between 450 and 550 km, depending on route, the weather and driving style (with AWD, ER). With the RWD and this battery size, I guess it would be possible to reach the 600km on a mixed route. But this is just a guessing. For myself, I tried to compare the MME to the most similar car, which in my opinion is Teslas Model Y. This one has a WLTP Range of 540km (RWD) and 505km (AWD) but with a 75kwh battery.

·
Registered
e-Golf
49 Posts
With 130km/h the range will be around 280km for the standard (near 25 kwh) and 350km for the extended (near 28 kwh).
With temperatures near freezing or head wind these figures are optimistic:oops:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey @Marcel ,

but I guess your calculation is if you drive steadily at a speed of 130km/h through your entire trip. In most parts of Europe this won't be realistic since, depending on where you live, you need to drive on through roads, through smaller towns etc until you reach the interstate or autobahn. So you overall average will be less than the 130km/h and options to use regen before you reach the interstate. If just measuring on a interstate with steadily doing 130kmh, even the Teslas will decrease in range heavily.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does any knows the drag coefficient/Cw of the Mache E?

My Hyundai Kona has a bad drag coefficient, driving 130 km/h on long way will take 18 kWh. the Mach E should be better, I guess.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Hyundai Kona has a bad drag coefficient, driving 130 km/h on long way will take 18 kWh. the Mach E should be better, I guess.
Not necessarily. The Mach E will be around 400kg heavier than the Kona! Especially if talking about the AWD/ER.

·
Registered
500 Posts
You have to remember that the Mach E numbers are purely speculation/placeholders based on unknown guesses until the actual testing is done on a real production car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts