Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
881 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very Nice: Premium.

After seeing pictures of the Premium vs. the First Edition in Rapid Red, which I ordered, I am very hared pressed to pay $3,600 extra for the FE vs. the Premium. Not enough of a difference.

The Premium looks pretty darn good to my eyes!

I had the opportunity to switch to an FE and stayed with the Premium for several reasons. First I don't need AWD in Nevada and for 90+% of my driving, Second, as you stated the price difference wasn't worth the switch (for me) also I don't have 50 years to wait for the FE to possibly become a 'classic' besides my classic is a 1963 T' Bird Convertible. My son said that the Mach was "super fast" off the light. As to his overall impression he said "It's Sweet"

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
881 Posts
I had the opportunity to switch to an FE and stayed with the Premium for several reasons. First I don't need AWD in Nevada and for 90+% of my driving, Second, as you stated the price difference wasn't worth the switch (for me) also I don't have 50 years to wait for the FE to possibly become a 'classic' besides my classic is a 1963 T' Bird Convertible. My son said that the Mach was "super fast" off the light. As to his overall impression he said "It's Sweet"
Like your 63 T'Bird. Is that the one with the "port holes" in the top?

Originally I got the FE as if any MME would become a classic it would be a FE: Then my wife pointed out in 25 years you will be 101 and not around! Unfortunately what the wife said is true!

So unless there is something in the FE that really grabs me, I can think of much better ways to spend $3,600. (Remember before the price cuts the differential was only $1600 and imo, that $1600 was worth it - plus I assumed First Edition meant First cars, which we have seen is not the case. The First Edition is nothing more than "Special Edition".)

AWD: Here in the NE it is pretty good to have. Although I did spend 3 winters in the 60's at law school in Syracuse where it snowed daily. I had a 1966 Mustang GT convertible back then and never got stuck.

But that was then (22 years of age) and now is today!

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like your 63 T'Bird. Is that the one with the "port holes" in the top?

Originally I got the FE as if any MME would become a classic it would be a FE: Then my wife pointed out in 25 years you will be 101 and not around! Unfortunately what the wife said is true!

So unless there is something in the FE that really grabs me, I can think of much better ways to spend $3,600. (Remember before the price cuts the differential was only $1600 and imo, that $1600 was worth it - plus I assumed First Edition meant First cars, which we have seen is not the case. The First Edition is nothing more than "Special Edition".)

AWD: Here in the NE it is pretty good to have. Although I did spend 3 winters in the 60's at law school in Syracuse where it snowed daily. I had a 1966 Mustang GT convertible back then and never got stuck.

But that was then (22 years of age) and now is today!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts