Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before reserving your spot to buy a Mach-E make sure to read these reservation FAQs from Ford:

On-Line Reservation FAQs

What is a reservation?
The reservation is the opportunity for customers to configure and be among one of the first to order the Ford Mustang Mach-E all-electric SUV with a $500 refundable Reservation Deposit. It is not an actual order and does not guarantee delivery.1

What steps are required to complete my reservation?
Go online and select your preferred configuration of the Mustang Mach-E, create a Ford account, select your preferred EV certified Ford Dealer, and enter your credit/debit card details and address. A confirmation receipt will be sent to the email address provided by you.1

What is a Ford Account and why do I need one?
A Ford Account lets you sign in to the Ford website to save and manage your personal and reservation information. You need to create a Ford Account to pre-order the new Mustang Mach-E. Reservations can be tracked in your Ford Account at owner.ford.com/ 1

Can I select any Ford dealer?
Only Ford EV certified dealers are able to order and sell the Mustang Mach-E. The eligible EV certified dealers will be provided based on your ZIP code.

Can I make changes to my reservation?
You will be able to make changes and finalize your configuration at the time you place your order.1

Can I cancel my reservation?
Yes. You can cancel your reservation anytime and receive a full refund.1 You can do this in your account at www.ford.com/. If for some reason, you cannot process the cancellation on-line you can contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.). Upon cancelling, allow 7-10 business days for the $500 Reservation Deposit to be credited to your original form of payment.

When can I order my Mustang Mach-E?
You will be notified prior to the ordering window opening to finalize and confirm your configuration, confirm your dealer and agree on pricing with your dealer. Tentative ordering should begin in late spring 2020.

What happens to the Reservation Deposit if I order a Mustang Mach-E model?
The Reservation Deposit will be refunded back to your original form of payment within 7-10 business days after your dealer confirms your order.1

When will I take delivery of my vehicle?
Actual delivery times may vary based on vehicle model and configuration selected, residency & demand. Deliveries are expected to begin in late 2020. Once your vehicle is scheduled, you will receive further notification.

Am I buying this vehicle directly from Ford?
No. The Purchase Agreement shall be between you and the Dealer, not you and Ford. Your Reservation Deposit will not be applied towards the purchase price of the Vehicle. Instead, once you have entered into a Purchase Agreement, your Reservation Deposit will be returned to you.1

How many reservations can I make and can I transfer my reservation?
Up to two reservations per account. Your reservation number is assigned to you and cannot be transferred.1

Will you share my reservation information with my dealer?
Your reservation information will be shared with the dealer you select at the time of reservation. Please see our privacy policy at https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/ for additional information.1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you think you can really cancel your reservation at any point? It seems like some people will be finalizing the price before they get a chance to test drive. If the car is ready before you've done a test drive, can you show up to pick up your car, do the test drive, then decide you don't want it and get your deposit back?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think you can really cancel your reservation at any point? It seems like some people will be finalizing the price before they get a chance to test drive. If the car is ready before you've done a test drive, can you show up to pick up your car, do the test drive, then decide you don't want it and get your deposit back?
Like what @WaterDR said, yes.

Also, what I posted came directly from Ford. If you're still skeptical about it (which is completely fine) then I suggest saving a copy from Ford's site, just in case. My opinion, is its not something to worry about.

Now that we're dealing with COVID-19, Ford/Ford dealerships are VERY used to cancellations. Its likely the most they've seen since 2008.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i get multiple answers from dealers and ford corporate. Ford says you get your money back if you order and don’t like it. One dealer said once you order it it’s yours. Another said I would lose my deposit. Bottom line: I’m not ordering unless I can get it in writing that I will get a full refund if I don’t like it. What worries me is you’re buying the car from a dealer, not from ford corporate. And based on my experience, my opinion of the honesty and trustworthiness of car dealers is not good. It’s pretty sad that I can’t find anything in writing on ford’s site. Has anyone found anything on ford’s site?

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you place an order, it's between you and your selected dealer. If you've gotten a bad feeling about the dealer you're working with, or if they fail to agree in writing to terms you're acceptable with, then you should shop around.

I'm fortunate that in my area, there are about 13 dealerships within a 1.5 hour drive, so plenty of options. All you need though is to find one that will be reasonable and communicative with you. I got questions about deposit refundability and so forth answered via email so that I am prepared with that info before submitting my order and when the car finally arrives.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Also, there's an order FAQ on Ford's web site. And another for reservationists converting to orders. It answers questions about reservation refunds and how to switch dealers and so on. Definitely check it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ford site says once you place your order, Ford Corp refunds your deposit and your transaction is now with the dealer. So I guess I would have to find a dealer willing to put it in writing that I will get a full refund. It just seems like there is a loophole since I’m actually placing the order online through ford corporate’s website. Maybe I’m just being paranoid, but we’re talking about a large sum of money.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I agree -- it's a large sum of money.

I don't see the loophole though. I really liked the online ordering process because I felt more comfortable taking my time and reading everything. I also printed PDF files of all the different pages I went through, so I have that info just in case.

AND, you still have the option to complete this ordering process through your salesperson instead of through Ford.com. So whichever way you prefer is fine... I'd still recommend that no matter what, get all your questions answered about deposits and fees and so on now, before you submit the order. This should reduce stress, since you'll have settled certain questions before they've even begun to build the car that you're considering buying.

Good luck, and enjoy the process!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also, there's an order FAQ on Ford's web site. And another for reservationists converting to orders. It answers questions about reservation refunds and how to switch dealers and so on. Definitely check it out.
Have you ever bought a new car? Remember dealers buy the car from the manufacturer and then sell to the consumer. This is one reason some dealers add ADMs to the MSRP as the MSRP is just a suggested price. Stay away from those dealers.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
881 Posts
I contacted my dealer and got the answer to three questions in writing:
1) Will you charge ADM?
2) Will you honor X-Plan?
3) Is my deposit refundable?

·
Registered
496 Posts
And based on my experience, my opinion of the honesty and trustworthiness of car dealers is not good. It’s pretty sad that I can’t find anything in writing on ford’s site. Has anyone found anything on ford’s site?
If you place an order, it's between you and your selected dealer.
ford site says once you place your order, Ford Corp refunds your deposit and your transaction is now with the dealer.
Right - Ford Motor company and your dealer are completely different companies. While Ford has some leverage with the dealers, they neither own them nor can they dictate refundable deposits. In a free market economy you have to "vote with your feet" by going to a dealership whose policies align with your desires. Nonetheless NO dealer can force you to pay for the entire car if you order and then change your mind before delivery - the most they can do is keep your deposit. Any dealer trying to tell you that should be avoided altogether.

I suggest waiting to convert to an order until there are demo units at dealers later this year and you get a chance to see and drive the car. Then AND ONLY THEN should you make the decision to place your order or walk away. It means you probably won't get the car until the spring, but since that is really only an additional 3 months over the year you will have to wait anyway it shouldn't matter. Even if you have a lease ending before then you can probably talk to the leasing company and work out an arrangement to keep paying for the car for a couple of months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree -- it's a large sum of money.

I don't see the loophole though. I really liked the online ordering process because I felt more comfortable taking my time and reading everything. I also printed PDF files of all the different pages I went through, so I have that info just in case.

AND, you still have the option to complete this ordering process through your salesperson instead of through Ford.com. So whichever way you prefer is fine... I'd still recommend that no matter what, get all your questions answered about deposits and fees and so on now, before you submit the order. This should reduce stress, since you'll have settled certain questions before they've even begun to build the car that you're considering buying.

Good luck, and enjoy the process!
Thank you! I’ll try expanding my area and calling more dealers. Maybe I’ll find one that will put something in writing. Happy 4th!

·
Registered
9 Posts
That makes total sense, and sounds a lot more likely than what the salesperson at the dealership I called said (you will have to wait two years for demos to arrive in showrooms). Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That makes total sense, and sounds a lot more likely than what the salesperson at the dealership I called said (you will have to wait two years for demos to arrive in showrooms). Thanks for the advice.
You won't have a problem finding a dealer who will commit in writing to a FULLY refundable deposit, no ADM, and Plan pricing if you have. Demos some time this Fall, and if not, test drive "your" car when it arrives and make a decision whether to purchase or not. Not a very difficult process. I agree that I wouldn't purchase without seeing, sitting and driving the vehicle first. Nobody is forcing you to buy sight unseen in this process. Just do a little leg work first to find a reputable dealer who will work with you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was really looking forward to sitting in and test driving a Mach-e. I made my reservation the weekend that the Mach-e was announced. Unfortunately my plans had to change and 3 weeks ago I attempted to cancel my online reservation and get my money back. When I clicked on "Cancel Reservation" and gave my reason I got a popup screen that said "Cancellation Failed, We could not complete your request. We're sorry, we could not complete your request. Please try again later."
I have called the Ford marketing department every week since then and gotten nowhere. I would like my $500 back please!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts