Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what people are finding for real-world range on the Mach-E. We have a standard 68-kwH battery in RWD Premium trim, which according to Car and Driver, Edmunds, GreencarReports, etc. (not to mention Ford) should be good for 230 miles of range. So far, with only 300 miles on the odometer, when we have a full charge it tells us we have 185-190 miles of total range. What gives? Is the car still "learning?"

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm wondering what people are finding for real-world range on the Mach-E. We have a standard 68-kwH battery in RWD Premium trim, which according to Car and Driver, Edmunds, GreencarReports, etc. (not to mention Ford) should be good for 230 miles of range. So far, with only 300 miles on the odometer, when we have a full charge it tells us we have 185-190 miles of total range. What gives? Is the car still "learning?"

Thanks for any insight.
I have the Select trim, RWD, SR battery.....I just charged to 80% and my EST. Range was 229, and that's just 80%....now, as I have said in several posts about range, your driving style, how fast you go, heater/ac, outside temps., highway vs local driving, on and on all play a major role in your real world range.....one question, did you do the reset when you first got the car?.....although with 300 miles the car should be adjusting to your style.....I have almost 900 miles, and most of my driving is 45 mph or less.....I am retired too so no daily commute.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Select trim, RWD, SR battery.....I just charged to 80% and my EST. Range was 229, and that's just 80%....now, as I have said in several posts about range, your driving style, how fast you go, heater/ac, outside temps., highway vs local driving, on and on all play a major role in your real world range.....one question, did you do the reset when you first got the car?.....although with 300 miles the car should be adjusting to your style.....I have almost 900 miles, and most of my driving is 45 mph or less.....I am retired too so no daily commute.....
Hey c-max, thanks for the reply. I have not reset it...you mean the trip odometer? On the other hand, it only had 8 miles on it when we took delivery.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey c-max, thanks for the reply. I have not reset it...you mean the trip odometer? On the other hand, it only had 8 miles on it when we took delivery.
They tend to be really, really pessimistic. Mine (AWD ER) hasn't told me more than 240 miles on a full charge but I've been exceeding EPA range (270) most trips despite temperatures getting down into the 30s and me driving like an absolute ape. The range estimate is supposed to learn over time. If you're concerned you're not getting expected performance pay more attention to you m/kWh at the end of your trips, that's a better indicator.

·
Registered
69 Posts
no, "the driving history", found somewhere in settings, but with only 8 miles, I don't think it matters much......and you are very welcome....

·
Registered
69 Posts
They tend to be really, really pessimistic. Mine (AWD ER) hasn't told me more than 240 miles on a full charge but I've been exceeding EPA range (270) most trips despite temperatures getting down into the 30s and me driving like an absolute ape. The range estimate is supposed to learn over time. If you're concerned you're not getting expected performance pay more attention to you m/kWh at the end of your trips, that's a better indicator.
I have a 2013 c max energi, that, of course, was affected by outside temps, BUT I was shocked by how much the MME was affected by the cold weather....I picked mine up Feb 12 here in NJ with typical winter temps and had to really adjust to the EST Range numbers......with temps improving to the 50-60's, EST Range has improved a great deal.....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just as an example mine is just back from the body shop (grumble grumble) with 46% battery and a range estimate of 92 miles...looks bad. I haven't had a trip below 3kWh in the last week. Average since purchase is in the low 3 range, which beats EPA. We've had a few nice days but most of my driving has been in the 40s or below.

·
Registered
MME, Infinite Blue, Premium, RWD, ER.
188 Posts
I’ve been driving for three days straight. From Wisconsin to Florida (with a lot of charge stops) and the warmer climate makes quite the difference. Even if you turn on the AC.

With highway driving 70-80 most of the way and strong headwind on the plains - the car now anticipates around 260miles on a full battery (ER RWD). The high speed definitely draws a lot from the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a FE AWD w ER battery, just charged it overnight after a trip from Palm Springs to LA averaging about 70-75 mph and using the AC. here is my projected range of 274 as I took it out this morning Pretty good in my opinion

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a FE AWD w ER battery, just charged it overnight after a trip from Palm Springs to LA averaging about 70-75 mph and using the AC. here is my projected range of 274 as I took it out this morning Pretty good in my opinion
Absolutely. We’re driving to PS in two weeks. Might see you there :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Absolutely. We’re driving to PS in two weeks. Might see you there :)
Will look for you...yours is the original color I had ordered, however delivery in June or later. Ugh. This FE was available, sooooo, I took it instead. Digital license plate, Carbonized Grey, downtown PS

·
Registered
188 Posts
Will look for you...yours is the original color I had ordered, however delivery in June or later. Ugh. This FE was available, sooooo, I took it instead. Digital license plate, Carbonized Grey, downtown PS
I’ll keep an eye out for you as well :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do you like the SR Select. I didn't realize that the Select doesn't come with a Panoramic Sunroof.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How do you like the SR Select. I didn't realize that the Select doesn't come with a Panoramic Sunroof.
I like it just fine!!......I did have to get the comfort/appearance pkg, mostly for the heated seats here in NJ....I have a c max energi and have gone many, many times without needing to use the heat, the heated seats were enough for my wife and me.....(of course if we needed heat we used it).....I also did not need any more tech, so I did not need the tech pkg option......I did not need AWD and the smaller battery is fine for the driving we do, and we still have the c max if I find the urge to take a long trip somewhere, highly unlikely, haha.....with the com/app pkg you also get 19in wheels, hands free liftgate, black roof, heated steering wheel, maybe something else, don't remember......and, here in NJ you may qualify for incentives if your MSRP is below $55,000.....but even without that, I would not have changed my choice....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like it just fine!!......I did have to get the comfort/appearance pkg, mostly for the heated seats here in NJ....I have a c max energi and have gone many, many times without needing to use the heat, the heated seats were enough for my wife and me.....(of course if we needed heat we used it).....I also did not need any more tech, so I did not need the tech pkg option......I did not need AWD and the smaller battery is fine for the driving we do, and we still have the c max if I find the urge to take a long trip somewhere, highly unlikely, haha.....with the com/app pkg you also get 19in wheels, hands free liftgate, black roof, heated steering wheel, maybe something else, don't remember......and, here in NJ you may qualify for incentives if your MSRP is below $55,000.....but even without that, I would not have changed my choice....
I have been eyeing the Tech Package myself. It's only the 18" wheels, but everything else is similar I think other than the hands free hardware. I have only seen the preimium's in person and didn't realize the select has no Pano, so having second thoughts now. lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have been eyeing the Tech Package myself. It's only the 18" wheels, but everything else is similar I think other than the hands free hardware. I have only seen the preimium's in person and didn't realize the select has no Pano, so having second thoughts now. lol.
I believe the comfort/tech pkg with the Select has everything I listed plus the tech pkg for $2600 (US)....it includes 19in wheels, I'm pretty sure.....the tech pkg you will have to look up for the details, I don;t know......

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also ordered the select with comfort/technology pkg because it didn't have the pano roof. It has Infinite blue colored roof not black. Also has 18" wheels I like the larger side walls for shock absorption. Ordered a spare wheel ($651.00 from fordpartsamerica) and tire ($152 bbwheels.com) also. Would have ordered the premium if it had a roof delete option. Not a fan of the panoramic roof. I have an '05 Cadillac CTS-V with sunroof delete option pretty rare, one of 50, I like solid roofs.
Tech pkg includes ford copilot prep 2.0, 360 degree camera, heated seats & wheel, memory seat & side mirrors, hands free tailgate. I'm really liking it. My wife who wasn't convinced it was a needed purchase has come around since driving it. I haven't kept track of energy use yet. I have 8.5 kw of solar so I recharge when the sun is shining. Seems to be working good so far I've kept it topped off at 85% capacity in case of multiple rainy days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also ordered the select with comfort/technology pkg because it didn't have the pano roof. It has Infinite blue colored roof not black. Also has 18" wheels I like the larger side walls for shock absorption. Ordered a spare wheel ($651.00 from fordpartsamerica) and tire ($152 bbwheels.com) also. Would have ordered the premium if it had a roof delete option. Not a fan of the panoramic roof. I have an '05 Cadillac CTS-V with sunroof delete option pretty rare, one of 50, I like solid roofs.
Tech pkg includes ford copilot prep 2.0, 360 degree camera, heated seats & wheel, memory seat & side mirrors, hands free tailgate. I'm really liking it. My wife who wasn't convinced it was a needed purchase has come around since driving it. I haven't kept track of energy use yet. I have 8.5 kw of solar so I recharge when the sun is shining. Seems to be working good so far I've kept it topped off at 85% capacity in case of multiple rainy days.
Are you able to share a pic of the roof. Most of the local stock is Premium so with a Pano. Searched online but didn't find any good pics. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here are pics of the select non-panoramic roof in Infinite Blue. I wasn't sure what angle you wanted or if you would call these "good pics".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts