Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are pics of the select non-panoramic roof in Infinite Blue. I wasn't sure what angle you wanted or if you would call these "good pics".
Thank you very much looks good. So the hidden roof line is blacked with a colored roof.

Oh BTW nice collection going on there.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
I just returned from a 386 mile (772 round) trip. Several points, I entered my destination and was informed that I would need two stops. I started with a range of 278 miles/100% charge. My route was on I-15 with posted speeds of 70/75/80 MPH and I set my cruise at 5 MPH over the posted (and occasionally a bit more).
Starting in Nevada most of the trip was through the mountains of Arizona and Utah climbing several times to over 6000 feet (6600 at the top) in temps that were in the 20s and 30s Fahrenheit. I quickly realized that the Range number is "rubbish". If your trip is longer than the range two sets of range numbers are displayed, the final destination and the distance to your charging station. When I began there was a 90 mile difference between the two range numbers. The 90 miles slowly 'evaporated' as the trip progressed due to elevation, speed, and climate.
Prior to this trip I was averaging 3.5 miles per kWh or 308 miles of range (3.5x88kWh battery) on a RWD . On the trip going I was seeing a high of 2.8 per kWh to a low of 2.2 per kWh. On the return the temps had climbed to 80+ to 91 degrees F and my miles per kWh climbed to 2.6 to 3.0 with the est. range to the charge point remaining more constant.
What this trip has taught me is that I track my 'range' based on the 'box' at the bottom of the screen that shows 'This Trip' and the amount miles to kWh used along with the remaining percentage of charge in the battery.
Lastly, the Ford routing is spot on in picking out the stations. I only used EA locations and it will recommend the percentage of charge per stop as well as the amount of charge remaining at your arrival to the final destination. At one stop, I intentionally chose to charge to 70% instead of the recommended 60% and it changed my second stop to an alternate station further down the road.
It was my first DC high speed experience. I had difficulty at my initial stop in that the EA charger would not recognize the MMe, giving me Fault notices. I called the number on the charger and the EA tech was incredible making several tries until it was set up. She apologized for the problems (first it wouldn't connect then it connected but wouldn't recognize the free Ford 250kWh account) on their end and gave me the charge from 20% to 81% free with no deduction from my Ford acct. She also patched me through to Ford so that I could advise them of what had occurred.
All in all I made two stops each direction with two locations at Walmart's and two across from 'Flying J' truck stops. Each location had four 350kWh, three 150kWh and one CHAD all of which were vacant. My charges started out at 164kWh and dropped to a low of 50+ kWh. Shortest charge 14.9 mins. longest 43mins.
20210403_131958.jpg
20210403_115327.jpg
20210401_162950.jpg

·
Registered
MME, Infinite Blue, Premium, RWD, ER.
188 Posts
Mine took about 1000 miles of driving to “learn“ the expected range. Started around 220 for my FE AWD ER and now at full charge will say 275-285.
After four days of mainly freeways at 75-80 (driving from Madison, Wi to Key West) I’m at 269miles for 100%.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just returned from a 386 mile (772 round) trip. Several points, I entered my destination and was informed that I would need two stops. I started with a range of 278 miles/100% charge. My route was on I-15 with posted speeds of 70/75/80 MPH and I set my cruise at 5 MPH over the posted (and occasionally a bit more).
Starting in Nevada most of the trip was through the mountains of Arizona and Utah climbing several times to over 6000 feet (6600 at the top) in temps that were in the 20s and 30s Fahrenheit. I quickly realized that the Range number is "rubbish". If your trip is longer than the range two sets of range numbers are displayed, the final destination and the distance to your charging station. When I began there was a 90 mile difference between the two range numbers. The 90 miles slowly 'evaporated' as the trip progressed due to elevation, speed, and climate.
Prior to this trip I was averaging 3.5 miles per kWh or 308 miles of range (3.5x88kWh battery) on a RWD . On the trip going I was seeing a high of 2.8 per kWh to a low of 2.2 per kWh. On the return the temps had climbed to 80+ to 91 degrees F and my miles per kWh climbed to 2.6 to 3.0 with the est. range to the charge point remaining more constant.
What this trip has taught me is that I track my 'range' based on the 'box' at the bottom of the screen that shows 'This Trip' and the amount miles to kWh used along with the remaining percentage of charge in the battery.
Lastly, the Ford routing is spot on in picking out the stations. I only used EA locations and it will recommend the percentage of charge per stop as well as the amount of charge remaining at your arrival to the final destination. At one stop, I intentionally chose to charge to 70% instead of the recommended 60% and it changed my second stop to an alternate station further down the road.
It was my first DC high speed experience. I had difficulty at my initial stop in that the EA charger would not recognize the MMe, giving me Fault notices. I called the number on the charger and the EA tech was incredible making several tries until it was set up. She apologized for the problems (first it wouldn't connect then it connected but wouldn't recognize the free Ford 250kWh account) on their end and gave me the charge from 20% to 81% free with no deduction from my Ford acct. She also patched me through to Ford so that I could advise them of what had occurred.
All in all I made two stops each direction with two locations at Walmart's and two across from 'Flying J' truck stops. Each location had four 350kWh, three 150kWh and one CHAD all of which were vacant. My charges started out at 164kWh and dropped to a low of 50+ kWh. Shortest charge 14.9 mins. longest 43mins.
I haven’t used the Ford routing (is that in the car or the app?) for planning my trip - I will definitely try that on the way back. I have been using PlugShare so far.

Be aware that if you’re in a state where you pay or min. The 350-chargers will charge ¢10-15 more per minute than the 150-chargers. Not a problem with kWhs left in the Ford Pass, but they’re evaporating fast 🙈

I agree that EA is amazing. I’ve had three free charges from them now (due to different issues) but the last few days I haven’t had any issues.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
I haven’t used the Ford routing (is that in the car or the app?) for planning my trip - I will definitely try that on the way back. I have been using PlugShare so far.

Be aware that if you’re in a state where you pay or min. The 350-chargers will charge ¢10-15 more per minute than the 150-chargers. Not a problem with kWhs left in the Ford Pass, but they’re evaporating fast 🙈

I agree that EA is amazing. I’ve had three free charges from them now (due to different issues) but the last few days I haven’t had any issues.
I've been using the 350s since they're "free" but if I'm in a per minute State it will be the 150kWh units. Still waiting for Ford to add the additional 250 kWh to my account as promised. The Cust. Svc. rep said April.
The screen showed the recommended charging stops on my main screen and the distance to the first location on the small screen along with the final destination range.
I recall getting to chose EA only as an option but exactly where it was displayed I can't recall (too many apps) if it was on my Ford Pass or the MMe

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've been using the 350s since they're "free" but if I'm in a per minute State it will be the 150kWh units. Still waiting for Ford to add the additional 250 kWh to my account as promised. The Cust. Svc. rep said April.
The screen showed the recommended charging stops on my main screen and the distance to the first location on the small screen along with the final destination range.
I recall getting to chose EA only as an option but exactly where it was displayed I can't recall (too many apps) if it was on my Ford Pass or the MMe
Awesome. I should probably call as well haven’t heard anything about the extra 250 recently, and they definitely haven’t shown up 🙈

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Awesome. I should probably call as well haven’t heard anything about the extra 250 recently, and they definitely haven’t shown up 🙈
I called when the forum posted the notice and gave the Rep my VIN she said no on the $1000 but yes on the 250 kWh additional in April

·
Registered
Mach E Premium Black RWD Extended Battery
7 Posts
I'm wondering what people are finding for real-world range on the Mach-E. We have a standard 68-kwH battery in RWD Premium trim, which according to Car and Driver, Edmunds, GreencarReports, etc. (not to mention Ford) should be good for 230 miles of range. So far, with only 300 miles on the odometer, when we have a full charge it tells us we have 185-190 miles of total range. What gives? Is the car still "learning?"

Thanks for any insight.
I have ~ 3,000 miles. Premium, ER battery, RWD. The 300 mile advertised range is in a perfect world. This is our 2nd EV, so we understood the variances in real world. During the cold snap .. we would only get ~230-250 miles and now that it's warming up .. we are back up to 270-280. It seems that Ford is being conservative to some degree in the car's internal range calculation (for good reason). When we get the to low end and think we will get home with only 20 mile left .. we will actually have ~35-50 miles. You can hit reset to delete your past driving ...I understand it uses the last few hundred mile to create you consumption profile. My wife can get 10-15 more miles per charge than I can as she is more diligent with the speed limits than I am. As FORD learns more we might get an update with the mile range.( I-Pace did after a year - they bumped it ~ 20 miles per charge). We leave in Texas in the country so we do a lot of 50-200 mile round trips. This car works perfect for my driving. We also have solar panels and a 50amp charge in the garage. I haven't tried a long trip, but when I have used the DC fast chargers (Walmart - Cracker Barrel) you can get to 80%
I'm wondering what people are finding for real-world range on the Mach-E. We have a standard 68-kwH battery in RWD Premium trim, which according to Car and Driver, Edmunds, GreencarReports, etc. (not to mention Ford) should be good for 230 miles of range. So far, with only 300 miles on the odometer, when we have a full charge it tells us we have 185-190 miles of total range. What gives? Is the car still "learning?"

Thanks for any insight.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
I checked my Ford acct. and the additional 250 is "in the bank":)

·
Registered
19 Posts

Thanks for any insight.
When I picked up my MME 4x premium extended range dual motor, it showed a range of 227 at a 100% charge. I now have about 1200 miles on it and I can say that the range gauge is very conservative. I recharge to 90% max and at that SOC it reads a range of 235, which would imply a range of less than 270. My trip meter shows that I am averaging 3.1 miles per KWh . I think this the the more accurate gauge and this implies I should be able to get about 272 miles. I usually drive at around 75 mph on the freeways here in Southern California and prefer the whisper mode with the climate control set at 70 degrees on auto setting 2. I hope this information helps.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts