Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not understand what Ford was thinking with the terrible trunk cover on the 2021 cars. I've fixed it numerous times and my Son 3D modeled a part to get it from falling out of the brackets but different parts keep coming apart and I'm tired of gluing or snapping it back in place. It is the worse designed product I've ever had in a car. Did they do the same thing on the 2022-2023 models? Has anyone gotten Ford to replace it with a decent cover? I shouldn't have to pay and install a retractable one, especially since I purchased a $60,000 premium car and this is NOT a new feature.

·
Super Moderator
3,134 Posts
One of the few things that irks me, most everything else seems well-thought out.
The pegs should be a little thicker so they don't pop off so easily. Its a weird oversight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do not understand what Ford was thinking with the terrible trunk cover on the 2021 cars. I've fixed it numerous times and my Son 3D modeled a part to get it from falling out of the brackets but different parts keep coming apart and I'm tired of gluing or snapping it back in place. It is the worse designed product I've ever had in a car. Did they do the same thing on the 2022-2023 models? Has anyone gotten Ford to replace it with a decent cover? I shouldn't have to pay and install a retractable one, especially since I purchased a $60,000 premium car and this is NOT a new feature.
Yes to everything you said. One dealer claimed never to have heard of the problem. Uh huh.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes to everything you said. One dealer claimed never to have heard of the problem. Uh huh.
Anytime I put something big or bulky in the trunk it falls apart but wasn't that the reason for making it flexible? I want to request a new one but I want a better version. Right now I have BINDER CLIPS holding the plastic piece to the fabric. Gluing is only temporary and it eventually falls apart because there isn't much surface to bind. At least the 3D bracket my son made works but it's not pretty. Ford could have done the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts