Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their vehicle recalled yet?
My dealer said it is VIN specific and we will get recall notices if they need to be brought in for service.
Apparently it is a software issue.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
79 Posts
My dealer said it is VIN specific and we will get recall notices if they need to be brought in for service.
Hi Barbara,

You can ask Ford via the smartphone Ford Pass app (click on "Account" in the top right of Home screen, then scroll down to "Help" button click it, then pick "Chat"). That Chat function is efficient, they will immediately tell you if your car (they will know your VIN) is affected.

Generally, it appears to really be mostly all Mach-Es. So be surprised if Ford rep says your's is NOT part of the recall.

Way more info then you wanted: Its seems in a month or so there will be a software patch that everyone should get (you chose either at dealership or over the air wirelessly). It will reduce the chance of the event occurring in all cars. That is the only fix that some cars currently have, like those being built right now. Likely later in the year a potential hardware fix may also be provided. We shall see. I do not think Ford quite knows exactly yet what is causing the intensely high heat that makes the junction box to fuse and fail. They know it occurs sometimes after someone used fast charging or accelerating the car real fast, but those likely lead to some other part to not do its job properly and causes the Junction Box to fail.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
54 Posts
Don't do that. They know nothing.

It's 49,000 of the 100,000 made. Give it till next week and it will show up in your FordPass app.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Barbara,

You can ask Ford via the smartphone Ford Pass app (click on "Account" in the top right of Home screen, then scroll down to "Help" button click it, then pick "Chat"). That Chat function is efficient, they will immediately tell you if your car (they will know your VIN) is affected.

Generally, it appears to really be mostly all Mach-Es. So be surprised if Ford rep says your's is NOT part of the recall.

Way more info then you wanted: Its seems in a month or so there will be a software patch that everyone should get (you chose either at dealership or over the air wirelessly). It will reduce the chance of the event occurring in all cars. That is the only fix that some cars currently have, like those being built right now. Likely later in the year a potential hardware fix may also be provided. We shall see. I do not think Ford quite knows exactly yet what is causing the intensely high heat that makes the junction box to fuse and fail. They know it occurs sometimes after someone used fast charging or accelerating the car real fast, but those likely lead to some other part to not do its job properly and causes the Junction Box to fail.
Thank you

·
Registered
54 Posts
THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME.

Neither this site, nor Ford, have the breakdowns yet. Just wait until next week.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME.

Neither this site, nor Ford, have the breakdowns yet. Just wait until next week.
actually someone posted on the FB group that they had checked the vin but couldn't recall if it was a ford or nhtsa site and that BOTH mach-es they own were listed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sigh...

• Haha
Reactions: zvez

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Yes I got a recall notice I have an early edition 2021 premium all-wheel-drive and they told me the recall specifically for the self driving software because my was not delivered with the software as I'm guessing the newer 2022s are either way they said there's not gonna be any charge or subscription fees for two years

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes I got a recall notice I have an early edition 2021 premium all-wheel-drive and they told me the recall specifically for the self driving software because my was not delivered with the software as I'm guessing the newer 2022s are either way they said there's not gonna be any charge or subscription fees for two years
That's not a recall.

2021 Job 1 cars (first half) didn't come with BlueCruise. Starting in late March / early April, you could go to the dealership as a courtesy for an update, or wait for the OTA updates which are rolling out now.

The free BlueCruise on early 2021s is for 12 months, not 2 years. Cars that came with BlueCruise "paid" $600 for 3 years when they bought the car (built into the price).

The only recalls for Mach-Es, up to now, have been for the windshield reinstall and the roof re-adhesive work to my knowledge. The pending recall for the software updates to prevent contactor failure is for all 2021s and 2022s in the US, through 5/24/22 builds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts