Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my MachE since Feb'22. I have had my car into the dealer 3 times for the HV and Power train errors. The first 2 times they said they didn't see a problem and my software was up to date (Capital Ford in San Jose). Then a month ago I had the total shut down of the system while driving and loss of power. I then had a horrible experience with Ford customer service to get a tow truck out and just paid my self to get someone to tow me when I was stuck on the side of the road.

I had the car towed to a different dealer(Frontier Ford in Santa Clara) and they got the car running again by replacing the HVBCA and said that my software was up to date. I thought my problems were over but today I once again got the powertrain malfunction and HV error. The car dove fine but since these are the same errors that occurred before, I now have no confidence that my car wont leave me stranded again.

My SW version is 2.7.4 and I have automatic updates turned on. I thought the latest SW that was supposed to fix the problem was 3. something. Is that correct?

I have had the car now in the dealer 3 times for over a month cumulative time. I don't have confidence the dealers in this area know how to fix the problem and I am about ready to trigger the lemon law for CA.

Any suggestions on who in the Bay Area really knows how to fix a MachE or is this a fundamental problem with the car and Ford doesn't know how to fix this.

I have been buying Fords exclusively for 20+ years and waited to get an EV until the MachE since I trusted Ford. I am beyond frustrated now and don't trust the car of the company.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far I am not impressed with Ford's response. After some initial interactions on a private page on this forum they have gone dark. I have not gotten a response in a week. I now have the same errors happening at the same frequency that resulted in my total loss of power and my car stranding me. I have left my car parked since I don't trust it anymore.

Ford texted me 4 days ago and said they would communicate through text and I have pinged them several times through text and have had ZERO replies.

I have been buying Fords exclusively for over 20 years. They are destroying their credibility with loyal customers and setting themselves up for a huge liability if they done get their act together on this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So far I am not impressed with Ford's response. After some initial interactions on a private page on this forum they have gone dark. I have not gotten a response in a week. I now have the same errors happening at the same frequency that resulted in my total loss of power and my car stranding me. I have left my car parked since I don't trust it anymore.

Ford texted me 4 days ago and said they would communicate through text and I have pinged them several times through text and have had ZERO replies.

I have been buying Fords exclusively for over 20 years. They are destroying their credibility with loyal customers and setting themselves up for a huge liability if they done get their act together on this.
Twitter is another option. Ford tends to reach out pretty quickly to qwell the bad publicity. Also, I know there are quite a few members on this site that can check your vin for what was done and help get you in the right direction. Look for some of the other HV threads for the contacts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my MachE since Feb'22. I have had my car into the dealer 3 times for the HV and Power train errors. The first 2 times they said they didn't see a problem and my software was up to date (Capital Ford in San Jose). Then a month ago I had the total shut down of the system while driving and loss of power. I then had a horrible experience with Ford customer service to get a tow truck out and just paid my self to get someone to tow me when I was stuck on the side of the road.

I had the car towed to a different dealer(Frontier Ford in Santa Clara) and they got the car running again by replacing the HVBCA and said that my software was up to date. I thought my problems were over but today I once again got the powertrain malfunction and HV error. The car dove fine but since these are the same errors that occurred before, I now have no confidence that my car wont leave me stranded again.

My SW version is 2.7.4 and I have automatic updates turned on. I thought the latest SW that was supposed to fix the problem was 3. something. Is that correct?

I have had the car now in the dealer 3 times for over a month cumulative time. I don't have confidence the dealers in this area know how to fix the problem and I am about ready to trigger the lemon law for CA.

Any suggestions on who in the Bay Area really knows how to fix a MachE or is this a fundamental problem with the car and Ford doesn't know how to fix this.

I have been buying Fords exclusively for 20+ years and waited to get an EV until the MachE since I trusted Ford. I am beyond frustrated now and don't trust the car of the company.
Following! I’m having the exactly same issue with my Mach-E GT 2022!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This have gone from bad to worse...

My car is in the shop for the 6th time now for these errors!

Below is my history on service visits:

1st Service – Oct 5, 2021 - Oct 7,2021 (Capitol Ford)
2nd Service – March 19, 2022 - March 25, 2022(Capitol Ford)
3rd Service – June 23 – 29 2022(Capitol Ford)
4th Service – July 16 – Aug 2, 2022 (Frontier Ford) - replaced HVCA and stated this was the fix
5th Service – August 30, 2022 – Sept 14, 2022(Capitol Ford) - replaced DC/DC converter control replaced and assured me the problem would no longer happen
6th Service – Sept 17, 2022 - Present (Capitol Ford) - I returned the car to the dealer 3 days after they told me the problem would not happen again because it was fixed. Absurd!

I continue to get the Powertrain Malfunction, RV Battery Warning and Charge system Fault errors and they are getting more frequent and not clearing after the car is powered off.

Ford's customer support is in contact with me and promised to get Ford's field service engineers involved to make sure my car is really fixed. I can only conclude they did not tell me the truth.

Clearly Ford does not know how to make my car reliable and safe and I am done with trusting them to every make my car safe and reliable. I have given them the option of giving me my money back or a new model if they are certain these problems wont occur. Fortunately I live in a state with a Lemon Law that my car more than meets the criteria for a Lemon.

Does anyone know if they have really found the root cause of these problems that make the car unreliable and unsafe? If they haven't really figured this out I will not give the option for the car to be replaced and just get my money back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts