Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
856 Posts
Personally, I think May is too early for reservation-to-order conversions to start. With the Covid-19 stay at home still ongoing now and auto plants shut down, May 11 presents too many uncertainties for buyers’ jobs and if production will even start on schedule. I think they should start contacting folks for conversion once the assembly line starts running and Ford can show cars coming off the line.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Personally, I think May is too early for reservation-to-order conversions to start. With the Covid-19 stay at home still ongoing now and auto plants shut down, May 11 presents too many uncertainties for buyers’ jobs and if production will even start on schedule. I think they should start contacting folks for conversion once the assembly line starts running and Ford can show cars coming off the line.
you're killing me....:D

Per the schedule sent to the dealers (and shared here) a long time ago there is a planned gap between the opening of orders and scheduling of production. The 2 were worded as "spring" and "summer", so there are at least a couple months for the conversion - probably longer if production is pushed back and ordering still opens in May. I for one have no intention of placing an order until I've (over)analyzed the final specs, cost, options packages, and most importantly the lease-like financing option. Since Ford stated they would have the finance program settled before ordering (and of course the pricing has to be set before then), it still makes sense to get that information out on time and give potential customers more time to make that decision. At least that makes sense to me :cool:

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
856 Posts
I agree, Timbop, that the sooner Ford gets information out the better. The Covid-19 situation won't change my order plans.

However, before Covid-19, when Ford said production would start in June, we had every reason to believe it would happen and production would proceed smoothly from there. Buyers hadn't lost jobs, been laid off, or become uncertain if they would still have jobs.

I agree that Ford would be better off starting the information flow to reservation-holders and other potential customers in May as scheduled. My opinion is to address consumer confidence that production would actually start and continue, Ford should wait to start asking people to convert until after production has started. I'm not saying wait for car delivery, just a demonstration that the first cars (dealer demos, etc.) are actually being produced. That also will give some time for more businesses to start opening up, hopefully slowly and carefully, and for some consumer confidence to be restored.

I've never known what they will do about folks who don't even plan to place refundable deposits until they've had a chance to sit in cars. I've heard that from several folks on the site and don't blame them. Will Ford slide those customers back in the queue, keeping those who proffer up cash at the front of the list?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts