Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So will I feel like I am in regular sedan, height wise, or will I enjoy the benefits of a higher seat. Less than 6 inches of road clearance makes me wonder.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That was (is) one of my biggest questions too. I've done a lot of eyeballing and measurement checking relative to our current 2013 Escapes, which have what I'd call an acceptable "medium" driver seat height for a crossover. It's not as high as a real SUV or a truck, but it's way better than a low-sitting sedan, like an Accord. My stepmom has an Accord and I hate crawling down into and up out of that thing (I'm 6'1", as well as age 61). My back and old bones don't like a low seat. Plus road visibility is better with a higher seat.

Here are the measurement Ford has provided:

Based on vehicle height minus headroom, I estimate that the Mach-e driver seat sits about 1" lower than my Escape. While the Escape is 3" taller overall, it's only about 1" taller over the driver seat. Headroom (with the Mach-e glass roof) is about the same, thus the seat height should be about the same.

The Mach-e has shockingly low ground clearance, but the battery pack is in the floor which appears to make up the difference to keep the seat height be in the crossover range.

Still hoping someone can get a true measurement though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. First time I saw a photo like that. Ride height does not appear to be like a sedan’s. They are lucky folks.
I would pay a few $ to be able to see and fit in one.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I saw that video on the other board too (kinda been hanging out there as it's redundant to be posting the same thing in both places). It does look like it's more standard crossover seating height, which is good. Still wish it was a few inches taller, but it looks acceptable.

Unfortunately most of the people getting in and out look on the short side.

Here's the actual video...

·
Registered
323 Posts
That's a different video, different group of reporters.

I've no idea how tall the people are who are getting out in the still image that I posted, above. The guy in front looks tall to me, but I can't really tell.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's a different video, different group of reporters.

I've no idea how tall the people are who are getting out in the still image that I posted, above. The guy in front looks tall to me, but I can't really tell.
I guess so. Same event but somebody with different shoes. They had a pretty steady stream of media folk taking their turn.

I try to go off of standing height when they're next to the vehicle to gauge how tall or short they are. But even that's a bit deceiving depending on camera angle. At least I don't see anyone struggling to get down in or crawl up out. There's a little downward to it but not bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts