Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
As it did turn out it was the road surface and probably the tires also but that really has not been a problem, the problems is that I am a senior and the car is over my head tech wise. Another poster said that I should not worry about the tech and just enjoy and we may end up doing that after all but it was alot of money to spend for tech that you do not know how to use.
New mach-e owner, I'll try to explain the problem that I find with mach-e.
When I start to drive, I hear a noise coming from the front starting at approximately 20km / h (not the pedestrian warning). This noise amplifies when the speed increases and it's really loud at 100km/h. When I am with the 18 "OEM the noise is bearable, but with the 20" the noise is really loud. I don't think this noise are comming from the tires, because whatever the surface, the noise is the same, plus I have super quiet tires. It's not a sound of wind either. My mach-e is a select RWD, I tested an AWD and the same noise is there too, the driver of the AWD does not hear the noise but I do and it is annoying. I hear everyone saying how quiet the mach-e is, I don't find it quiet at all, I had a BMW i3s that was 100 times quieter.
My question is: have you found a way to reduce the noise? I think it's an amplified rolling (bearing like noise) noise in the structure of the car, as if the suspension bushings were too hard and didn't filter the noise, or the shock absorber rubber, or the big aluminum crossmember amplify the noise
That's the only complain I have with the car, but this noise is killing all the enjoyement of using the car.
Took delivery of my 2022 Premium a few weeks ago. Noticed an intermittent high pitched whine when slightly pressing and releasing the accelerator at lower speeds (approximately 25-35 mph, with or without one pedal driving). Annoying and also heard by passengers. Local dealership determined that the whine coincides with engagement of the regenerative braking system. That’s as far as they got.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took delivery of my 2022 Premium a few weeks ago. Noticed an intermittent high pitched whine when slightly pressing and releasing the accelerator at lower speeds (approximately 25-35 mph, with or without one pedal driving). Annoying and also heard by passengers. Local dealership determined that the whine coincides with engagement of the regenerative braking system. That’s as far as they got.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is one of the few threads that I have found about this issue and I am freaking out now. I have had my GT for just under a month and this sound has now plagued my car. I was not there until this week. I took a 700 mile road trip. On the way to the destination it was not there. On the way home it was. I did get an update while at my destination and I doubt that has anything to do with it but is the only change to the car. Worse, it is progressively getting louder. Once I hit freeway speeds its unbearable. Coming from the right side of the car low tone humming. It sounds like a bad wheel bearing but I am scared that once I take it to the dealer they are going to tell me nothing is wrong. For comparison I traded a Premium AWD in to get the GT and the Premium did not make this sound at all. If this is a permanent issue I don't know if I can take it.

·
Super Moderator
3,074 Posts
This is one of the few threads that I have found about this issue and I am freaking out now. I have had my GT for just under a month and this sound has now plagued my car. I was not there until this week. I took a 700 mile road trip. On the way to the destination it was not there. On the way home it was. I did get an update while at my destination and I doubt that has anything to do with it but is the only change to the car. Worse, it is progressively getting louder. Once I hit freeway speeds its unbearable. Coming from the right side of the car low tone humming. It sounds like a bad wheel bearing but I am scared that once I take it to the dealer they are going to tell me nothing is wrong. For comparison I traded a Premium AWD in to get the GT and the Premium did not make this sound at all. If this is a permanent issue I don't know if I can take it.
If it were me, I would get this checked out by Service ASAP.

·
Official Representative
142 Posts
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts